Could you please help!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, i recently had a d&c. i was 8 weeks and the baby did not have a h/b. they told me that the baby died at 6 weeks. i have been having a hard time with the loss. someone in the ttc after a loss board, suggested i checked out this board for some hope.

would you mind telling me about your loss and conceiving again? how long did it take you to conceive after your loss. i have been told that i have to wait one full cycle till i can ttc again. i am just praying that my cycles are normal when they return. i am very sad. it took us 8 cycles to get our bfp and the thought of going through another 8 or more is agonizing!!!

I thank you for sharing, this really will help me to move forward!!

Hugs
Lynda

September 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Hi hon! Im so sorry to hear of your loss, I pray that you find peace and comfort.

I had a late loss, at 21 weeks my son was born due to incompetent cervix. I choose to wait three years, and was not trying to get pregnant when I did. Right after I lost my son I wanted to be pregnant so bad, but God knew I was not ready, even though I was sure I was. I never went on birth control even though we were not trying, we were not preventing either..three years later I am almost 32 weeks.

I think its all about when you are ready, when you know you can handle the stress that comes with a pregnancy after loss, because it is more challenging after you have felt that pain, but obvioulsy very rewarding. I hope that you can make the right decison for yourself, and I pray that what ever it is that you wish for..comes true!
September 2nd, 2008, 05:36 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband and I decided while he was deployed that I would get off birth control pills because we wanted to try for a baby 6 months after we were married. He came home July 6th. We were married August 3rd. And on August 10th in Hawaii for our honeymoon I found out we had an oopsie and I was pregnant. We were ecstatic. It was a little sooner then we planned we thought it would take awhile since I had been on birth control since 17 years of age. Well at 5 weeks I had a small amount of spotting. Hand an ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days and the baby looked fine. Heartbeat was just beating away. At 8 weeks 4 days I was standing up talking to my mom on my cell phone and had a gush of fluid. I let her go and found some brown blood. We went to the ER the next day. The baby had died 2 days before.
I had a d and c on Sept. 18th had bad bleeding for weeks. Took a HPT and it was positive. Called the dr.'s office to tell them somethings wrong. They did another u/s and found they didn't get all the tissue. So I had to go for my 2nd d and c Oct. 20th. Then I bled for 2 days and that was it.

I was told to wait 3 cycles. I waited 2. I had a normal cycle in November. I used the digital ovulation test by clear blue easy in December and on Christmas we had a positive ovulation test and we found out we were pregnant on Jan. 7.

We didn't have any children. And I remember feeling so empty and scared that maybe I just couldn't carry a child. But here I am 37 1/2 weeks into my new pregnancy. And my Big Boy (estimated at 8lbs a week ago) is coming soon. Good luck.
September 2nd, 2008, 09:30 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about your loss. I went off brith control in June last year, we started trying in August, but did not really started trying hard until Nov, got preg in Jan, at about 10 I started bleeding, had a d&c on Feb 12, was told to wait two cycles. I did not ovulate for the first 3 clycles and on the 4th one we got pg.
This will be my first child.. I was very devasted when we lost the baby, I thought all hope for having a baby was gone and now I'm almost 17 weeks.

I think that you will know when it's time to try again, some people want to start right away, some people want to wait a bit longer, you are the only one that can answer that question. Good luck.

September 2nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I m/c last August at 7 weeks. I had a d&c and it took 8 cycles before I finally got my BFP again. Now, here I am almost 17 weeks along. I wish you all the best and hope it doesn't take long.

September 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am very sorry for your loss!!

After my loss I needed to give myself time to grieve, I didnt start TTC again tl 4 months after my loss, and it took 3 months of actively trying.
September 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
I am terribly sorry for your loss. I hope reading these posts can give you some great hope!

We lost our little one in April. I was almost 6 weeks I believe. I didn't have a D&C and didn't wait to try to conceive again. My doctor said that they suggest waiting for one full cycle (M/C, AF, Wait, AF, TTC), due to dates. It's easier to know when and how far along you are, sorta thing. We didn't use protection while we waited for AF to come (the one right after m/c). AF came right on schedule and we tried after she left. We got pregnant that cycle. I haven't ever had issues conceiving but I have lost two babies so far.

I suggest taking the time to heal emotionally and see how you feel. Of course I did m/c naturally and I'm unsure if things are different when you have a D&C.

September 3rd, 2008, 06:03 AM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for your responses!! they really do help!!!!

Lynda

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search