Jenn's Birth Story - Logan :)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
<div align="center">Logan Ernest Clayton Thompson
September 2nd 2008
9lbs 9oz 20.5"</div>

The morning of September 2nd 2008, I called the hospital at 5am as instructed for my induction - I was informed it was busy and to call back at 6:30 - at 6:30am I called and they said call back when the new shift starts after 7am - so I waited and called at 7:15am and was told to come in for 9am.

Ryan & I had been up at this point since 3:30am and decided to go get gas in the car and walk around wal-mart. At wal-mart my cell phone rang at 8:15am and they said I could come in - so off we went.

I arrived at the hospital and got bloodwork done - put on a nightgown and they took a 20 minute strip of contractions and his heart rate. Freaked myself out because when they first hooked him up his heart rate was 190-200 and I had never seen that that high. They said not to worry - I had just had bloodwork done and my IV in so he is probably feeling the effects of that - his heart rate did go down.

At 9:15am I was given a pill orally to help soften my cervix and I just chilled there for 4 hours - mild contractions. At 1:15pm (4 hours the pill had to be used) - they came to check me and I was in so much pain from them checking me - they couldn't feel his head - my cervix was still very thick and she said there was a lot of empty space between where his head should be and my cervix etc. Doctor came in and checked it too - hurt for him as well - he couldn't even get in there enough to tell how dialated I was becuase I was in so much pain - he said the pill probably just irritated my cervix too much and that he would give the next dose vaginally and go from there. That did nothing.

At 6:35pm - I was given the option of another dose of the medication or a C-section - there concern was that Logan's head was stuck because he was still super high - and also his size. Ryan & I discussed the possiblity of a c-section and I called my mom for her opinion and agreed that a c-section was the best option because I was in pain from the contractions that were coming 4 in a row at 1 minute apart and then gapping and doing nothing.

The nurses came in and gave me a sour drink for my stomach acid - the lady came in and talked to me about my spinal block etc. Ryan got some fancy looking scrubs on and we were set to go.

Entered the OR at 7:48pm - the spinal block didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would - I have some bruising on my back from it though. I felt really neasous and warm when I was sitting up and they were doing it but it was done and I laid back.

They put an oxygen mask on me and said I could take it off afterwards but it was just in case I needed it. They put the sheet up - put a cathider in and started to put the yellow stuff on my stomach. Ryan came in and sat beside me - he called my mom on the cell phone and put it on speaker phone.

8:13pm the first cut was made - poor Ryan hates blood, hates anything to do with needles but I am so proud of him for being in there with me. The container and tube with the blood from my section was running by his feet and he told my mom "I see something red and to me it's kool aid, just kool aid" - poor guy. 8:17pm - they asked for forceps - and at 8:19pm my beautiful little man was born! 9lbs 9oz - he was huge. He was indeed stuck up under my pelvic bone and I was told afterwards it was a good thing we did a c-section because I could of labored for three - four days and he wouldn't of came down - so I am glad we made the decision we did.

Ryan went to the nursery with Logan - the peditrician checked Logan out - scored 8/9 on the first set of apgars because of a rattle in his chest - they hit his back a few times and it went away - perfect score second time around. I was wheeled into recovery and Ryan was showing me pictures of Logan on the camera that he took - then he went to be with Logan.

I was in recovery till nearly 9:30pm and then I was taken to my room - I finally got to hold my little man - full head of brown hair - He was soo cute.

Ready to go home!

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
September 4th, 2008, 10:14 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! That's too bad that you have to have a C-section recovery BUT I guess it is is a very good thing that you had it done!

He's a cutie! Rest up and post more pics when you can.

September 4th, 2008, 11:17 PM
*Pamela*
Congrats new mommy!!! He's beautiful. I'm so happy all went well with your labor and cs.

Can't wait to see more pictures after you have recovered.

CONGRATS!!!!
September 5th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh Jenn, he's just gorgeous!! Such a beautiful little boy! Congratulations. And I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

September 5th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's s cutie, I can't wait to see more pictures

September 5th, 2008, 09:04 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations!
hope your recovery goes well.
September 5th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie Jenn!!! Congrats!!!

I may be late, but better late than never, I suppose! I finally got that in the mail to you today!

September 5th, 2008, 09:42 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Congrats Mama! He is so cute. Hope the recovery is quick for you.

September 6th, 2008, 10:17 AM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
Congratulations!!!! Hes gorgeous!!

September 6th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Christal
Big huge congrats he is absolutly beautiful!!
September 6th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Jenn hes beautiful...im glad you finally were able to see him and to hold him.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

September 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a beautiful boy!!! glad your c/s went well, congrats!

September 6th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OH congrats Jenn!! He is one handsome little (big) guy! I can't wait to see more pictures of him. I hope you recover quickly and will find some time to update us on your little man. Good job momma!

September 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! He is super cute!!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search