Why am I such a worry wort?!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2008, 12:23 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay ladies, I need to hear from you on this. Am I just going through a phase?

My 2nd trimester has been mostly worry free, and just very happy. However, since about 22/23 weeks, I have noticed a change in my mindset. I have become a huge worry-wort. Even once, going to L&D because Hayden wasn't moving, even with some prodding. The days leading up to that visit were the worst, his movement was so little, and then nothing one night (when he is MOST active). That was it for me, I went to L&D without much more thought.

Even since then, I notice I worry a little EVERY single day when his movement is less than what I think it should be. Not horribly or anything, but I hate that I do at all. I should be more confident than less confident, but that is just not the case.

Did any of you notice this kind of phase going on in your 20's week? I hope it goes away, so I can relax a little and return to more worry-free days.

Sorry for the book and thanks for reading if you got this far!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
September 5th, 2008, 01:14 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I haven't made it that far yet. I hope he gets to moving more so he won't worry his mama so much. I think it's normal after all we've been through. It seems all I do is worry about one thing or another. Remember we are all here for you. I hope the other BTDT moms have better advice for you.

September 5th, 2008, 02:49 PM
*Pamela*
I went through it but not so bad. The baby's movements change at a point but can't remember when. My baby used to be very active at night and not so active during the day, now it's almost like she is on a schedule. Very, very active during the day (beats the crap out of me) and now fairly quiet at night, but then she is up as soon as my dh is awake in the morning.

If I find myself starting to worry, I try to busy myself and focus on how little time is left before she gets here. We've all been through so much to get here and things like this are bound to happen and is normal for us.

Thing is, you have to know when to say it's time to call your doctor if you don't feel movement. Most times, they start moving as soon as you are there. Amazing little personalities already, very cheeky.

My midwife asked about the baby's activity on Thurs and said if I feel it lessen that I need to phone her.

September 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I had the same worries all the time. I think it's easier when you get further along and you can feel them way more. Also, I used to just drink OJ if Benjamin wasn't moving and I was worried and it always did the trick. Just think pretty soon little Hayden will be kicking up a storm and you might not be as thrilled about it. Benjamin used to hurt me in the last couple of weeks with his kicks but honestly I never got sick of it as people said I would. I hope his kicks get harder and more frequent so you can calm down and stop worrying. Although by then you'll have something else to worry about LOL! It never ends.
September 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am 37 wks and soooooooooooooooooo like that!!! I wake up all night just to feel him move, and if he doenst, I freak out and wake him up, its terrible, I cant stop worrying, so you are not alone!!
September 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I was/am the same way. They have days where they are more sleepy. I think especially when they are doing some major growing. I wish I could have a window to watch her from, because then at least I would know she is ok!

September 6th, 2008, 12:06 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Yepo I think worring comes along with pregnancy really. Nathan pattern just recently changed I guess because he has gotten over 4lbs and he doesnt move nearly as much. I did not even really feel him consitantly until I was 23 24 weeks. I know it can be nerve racking, orange juice does work for me, and laying on my side kinda poking at him works sometimes to. Im sure its gonna pass and you will feel more secure.
September 6th, 2008, 11:26 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Darn it - you girls were supposed to tell me this was just a phase!! JK!!

Anyhow, at least I'm glad to know that it is common to worry this much, and I am not completely alone. As much as I have freaked myself out lately, and as much as things are still okay (felt him getting down this morning... ), I have decided to just push the thoughts out of my mind when they come up. I figure if I check on him twice a day by eating and doing a kick count (my OB's nurse suggested this), then that is all I need to worry about. I know you aren't really supposed to do the kick count until 28 weeks, but if the nurse suggested it, and he always gets it done in about 10-20 minutes, then why not, right?! But, what do you think about that plan?

Honestly, I have grown a lot closer to Hayden these past weeks since I have been able to feel him, and I wonder if that is part of my "problem". Like there is so much more at stake now. I can't even imagine losing him; it would be so much worse than before. Does that make sense?

Thanks for listening girls, you are the best!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
September 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
i wouldnt worry to much. sometimes the baby has growth spits and just gets really tired and lazy after all that growing. if the u.s and the heart rate is good i wouldnt worry. i went thought it with Makenna and thats what my dr told me. I think Dee had the same thing with Miss Katie, and was told the similar thing.

September 6th, 2008, 08:14 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not there yet but wanted to give you lots of ((hugs)). It looks like I have plenty more worrying to look forward to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search