Sex this baby!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my 'big' u/s on Tuesday, but it has just been a rough week so I never posted on it. The u/s went great though. I wasn't able to watch it since we aren't trying to find out the sex. I honestly kind of wanted to know, but DH is adament that it be a surprise. I was honestly just madder that I couldn't watch, I had really been looking forward to seeing everything as they measured. She did turn the screen on for us for 5-10 min at the end so we did get to see them. The tech knew I was po'ed that I couldn't watch, but I think she thought I really wanted to know the sexes as well. I think she was trying to give me hints to their sexes.

Tell me your take on what she said:
She started on baby A and said she would try to get the legs done so she could turn the screen on then said
"oh a boy and a girl would be nice, would make a complete family."
"or two boys so they could play together."
Then she stopped talking, so DH spoke up and said or two girls would be good (that's what he wants by the way)

Then she moved onto baby B and said that baby was kicking A in the head (A is head down, B head up)
Then she said "stop kicking your br...baby brother or sister."

When she did turn the screen on she showed us the legs of baby B and gave us a leg picture. From what she said and did I am thinking A=boy and B=girl what do you think?

Baby A

Baby B

Baby B legs
September 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you are right, obviously one of them is a boy, she practically blurted it out - right? Then, looking at those legs, I see no boy parts unless that is a weird angle.

Congrats honey on a great ultrasound though!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
September 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think B looks like a girl. And from what she said, it sounds like A is a boy. Plus the FIRST thing she said was wouldn't it be nice if you had one girl and one boy.

That's a bummer that you couldn't watch. But I am super glad that you had a good ultrasound! I can't wait to know the genders for sure!

September 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jenn..... OMG they are SUPER CUTE!!!!!! those pics are amazing.

I vote one of each

YAY for healthy babies!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was almost in tears and there was probably steam coming from my ears I was so ticked off at the start of the u/s. I don't care if I don't find out the sexes I just wanted to see them so bad and had been looking forward to this longer u/s. I just kept my eyes closed trying to pretend I could see what she could see.

Like I said I think she thought she was 'helping me' by dropping hints and such. Though at first it ticked me off more because I felt like if I had to know the sex then I should have been able to watch!

From the beginning I have thought one was a boy and one a girl so I shall stick with that. If I'm wrong then I will find out in a few months However my friends and mother especially keep telling me to ask the Dr the sexes, call them, ask them...I don't care to find out for sure.

Oh and as you can see B is gonna be a thumbsucker
September 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am guessing one of each too, but its so hard to say for sure. I don't know how you can let them be a surprise, I would be going insane!! You have way more willpower than me. I know what you mean though, it doesn't matter the sex I just want to see them moving around in there and sucking their thumbs and such. At least you got to see them for a little while! I can't wait to find out in a few months if we are all right. Yay for a good u/s appt. though and 2 healthy little ones growing in there! Keep up the good work. Oh and where are those belly pics lady?? Haven't seen any from you in a while.

September 7th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Super Mommy
Awww great pics! That does suck that you couldn't watch tho!

btw- theres a site , in-gender.com, where you can post your u/s pics and an u/s tech can tell you what she thinks the baby's genders are (she needs a 2D profile shot) if you decide you really want to know!

</div>
September 7th, 2008, 09:50 AM
ChattyAshley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess a boy and a girl!!! That would be so much fun!!
The pics look beautiful!

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my cute siggy!
September 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just from your description of what the tech said and the Baby B pic, I guess a boy and a girl. I would be going nuts trying to wait to find out, but I really think it must be so special to be surprised at the delivery...

Looking at your pix brings back such fun memories of my twins...they'll be 10 in January and have been a total blast to have around. You're definitely in for LOTS of fun
September 7th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
they are beautiful! Im voting 1 of each to..
im so happy for you!

September 8th, 2008, 05:37 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm also voting 1 of each. I'm glad the u/s went good, but sorry you didn't get to watch.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search