mommy monday

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2008, 05:46 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
list some things that excite or even scare you about being a new mommy !!

watching her little milestones, her every day changes, listening to her "talk" to us.
I can't wait to start feeding her baby food so she can just get it all over...lol...crazy I know...
first big holidays..I cant wait !!!!!!
.she is going to be a cheerleader in the town's kid costume parade !!!

what scares me? ....everything ! LOL

September 8th, 2008, 08:01 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it excites me how much she grows and changes all the time. every day she can do something else. it is amazing to see her lifting her head a bunch and it is so sweet how she wiggles her body and head over when i am holding her on my shoulder until her face is snuggled up against my neck.
it is exciting to see her look right at us when we talk to her.
it is exciting that i am doing well at breastfeeding and she is packing onthe weight as a result (up to 8 pounds 13 ounces yesterday!)
it excites me when i just sit back and think, "this is my daughter - i have a daughter"

so much scares me. right now i am scared of her being sick &/or me not being able to make her feel better. she has an eye infection (getting much better already though) and it broke my heart to see her feeling abd from that. i think i will have a hard time when she ever is actually sick.
September 8th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
everything scares the crap outta me! And i have 3 kids!

What excites me is everything as well. you never get tired of watching all your children do the samething..Eg, walking talking...

September 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everything! I'm scare that I won't be a good mom, heck I'm scare about the whole thing. I guess that's common for first time mom..........

September 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Everything! I'm scare that I won't be a good mom, heck I'm scare about the whole thing. I guess that's common for first time mom..........[/b]

Awww, Patty, I was scared about that too! I totally think it's normal! But don't think you're a bad mom when your baby is crying and you have NO CLUE what to do. That part is normal too. Every day is a learning experience, for both of you.

What excites me? Getting a teeny weeny again.

What scares me? How on earth am I going to handle being up every two hours at night and then run after a 21-month-old during the day (Erin will be 21 months when Reeses is born) without completely losing it?

September 8th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Awww, Patty, I was scared about that too! I totally think it's normal! But don't think you're a bad mom when your baby is crying and you have NO CLUE what to do. That part is normal too. Every day is a learning experience, for both of you.[/b]
Aww Thanks Brittanie

September 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of the milestones excite me. I can't wait for him to walk, talk, eat real food, etc.

What scares me? Not being with him all the time. I can't stop thinking about him going to daycare when I go back work. It scares the pants off me.
September 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm afraid I will forget to do something, like feed him/her! But I bet they will remind me!

Everything excites me, I can't wait for any of it!
September 8th, 2008, 08:52 PM
ChattyAshley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm SOOOO excited now that I can feel him moving!!! What an insanely exciting feeling!!

I'm very freaked out thinking about the actual labor and actually HAVING the baby, the pain, etc. etc.
I'm also scared about breastfeeding, mostly because I know nothing about it.

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my cute siggy!
September 9th, 2008, 02:07 AM
*Pamela*
Ashley, you will be amazing at breastfeeding and if you have any trouble, always ask for help. And don't stress about the labour, the key is staying mobile and being up and about. I was told I had to stay in bed and I wish I had known better.

At your next apt, have a chat with your doctor about what pain remedies are offered at your hospital and I highly recommend a tour, you learn so much and get to see where you will be. I just went on a tour of my hospital and I feel so much better!

I can't wait to hear the first cry and see her as she grows and learns. Each day is so exciting because you never know what they will come up with.....my 3 year old keeps me on my toes.

Its like you look forward to each milestone but it goes by so fast and don't want them to grow too fast.

I do fear potty training all over again lol. My biggest fear is of them being hurt or not being able to protect them if I'm not there. I am very protective of them.
September 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's exciting to...
* see her grow before my eyes
* watch her gain her confidence and get ready to walk
* watch her feed herself
* giggle and laugh her big belly laughs
* hear her babble her own special language
* hear her start to talk. She can now say "mama" "baby" and "puppy"
* see life through her eyes
* have her fall asleep in my arms every night and listen to her sigh's
* wake up and see her smiling face full of excitement
* have her reach out to me or crawl to me and pull herself up on my leg

What makes me nervous...
* having 2 under 2...they'll be 20 months apart

September 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You guys brought tears to my eyes.

You will all be good mother's even if you don't thinks so, you won't forget to do anything for your baby because you will be a mother Hubbard, your child will grow up and give you hugs and kisses just when you need them, just like you do for them.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search