My mom passed away yesterday

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I let you guys know at one point that she was terminally ill, but we were hoping she would make it another year. and this past month to two months she has been REALLY good, no hospitalizations or anything. We actually bought a plane ticket for her to come visit us, she was going to be here this coming saturday at 4PM, she wanted to watch corbin be born and stay a few weeks.

I talked to her for 4 hrs on Saturday morning, and we were both just so excited we couldnt stand it, I was going to see my mommy in a WEEK!!!!

An hour after we said goodbye for now, my step dad called and told me she was rushed to the ER via ambulance for excrucating pain. I was hoping it was something minor. But when he got to the hospital they told him to expect the worse, and she probably wouldnt make it through the night. She was in a coma and had had a hemorrhagic stroke, which is a more rare kind of stroke, and usually kills its victims within 48 hrs. Her brain was filled with blood. She held on for 23 hrs, she was such a fighter, she passed away yesterday at 12:15PM and my heart aches so much. We talked almost every day, and waking up this morning knowing I will never hear her voice again kills me. I have an appointment tomorrow, and it kills me that I dont get to come home and update her on it. She is coming home on Saturday to us, but in an urn. My brother is there now, dealing with everything and getting her special belongings. It was so hard not being able to be there, I didnt get to say goodbye, I didnt get to give her that one last hug and kiss, I just miss her. I am so sorry to bring you all down. But I wanted to let you guys know.

I have no idea if I will be super active to take my mind off things, or MIA, if I am MIA this is why. if I go MIA will let Patty know and will step down as host. Love you all, and so sorry for such a sad post.
September 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Heather I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. Everyone will totaly understand if you have to MIA for awhile but please dont step down. We love you here and are here for you in any way that we can. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. She is watching over you now and you have the best guardian angel a girl could ask for. Lots of coming to you.

September 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no heather - i am so sorry. i know you were really hoping she would get to meet Corbin in person.
she will be watching down on you and the boys now.

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
September 8th, 2008, 08:45 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My heart is breaking for you Heather! I can't even imagine what you are going thru. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take all the time you need and remember we love you and are here to support you in anyway we can!
September 8th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Heather, im so sorry that your going through this. I will say prayers for you and your family. please know that Im thinking about you in this time. My heart is just broke for you right now. Big Hugs to you

September 8th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Heather I'm so sorry you are going through this, I honestly can't imaging the pain you are suffering now....Please know that we are all here for you, we all understand if you go MIA or if you want to step down as a host. My heart is with you and your family.

September 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Heather, I'm so sorry for your loss. This just breaks my heart. I can't imagine what you are going through. Just know that we are here for you and we love you. My t&p are with you and your family.

September 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Heather... I am sooo sorry

Your mom will be with you when Corbin is born. She will be with you every day for the rest of your life. When you want to talk to her.... talk to her...she will hear you. She was very lucky to have you for a daughter.

If you need anything just ask. I am sorry you lost her too soon. I am sure she is smiling down from heaven while holding your angel. I am sure she will take good care of him until you get there.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 8th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heather Im so sorry hunny. Ill be praying for you and your family hunny.

September 8th, 2008, 10:24 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry Heather. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you through this.
September 8th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Heather!!! My heart is in pieces for you! I'm so sorry! I don't have any words!

September 8th, 2008, 11:44 AM
*Pamela*
Heather, I'm so sorry. I do remember you telling us all about your mom. I'm so glad you got to have such a long chat with her that day. I know it doesn't make it easier, it's obvious she was your best friend.

We completely understand if you are mia but no matter will be keeping you and your family in my heart and prayers.

God bless hun
September 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Veteran
oh honey, im so very sorry. like i tell my little girl....she is with you always.

</a>

September 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Super Mommy
Oh, Heather I am soooo very sorry I know theres nothing I can say to help, but know that my t's and p's are with you!

</div>
September 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh honey, I'm in tears for you. I'm sorry. I really wish I had words to say...I know I don't though. Please take care of yourself. We'll be here for you whenever you need it.

Prayers to you, your dad, and the rest of your family.

September 8th, 2008, 01:14 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Heather, I'm sooo sorry You are in my thoughts and prayers.
September 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
***hugs** I'm sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Prayers for strength and peace in your heart.

September 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so, so sorry Heather. My prayers are with you and your family. I am sure she is up there rocking Liam right now.
September 8th, 2008, 02:43 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry hun. She is watching over you & Corbin and is with you all the time! My T&P's are with you.
September 8th, 2008, 03:06 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Heather ,

I am so very very sorry......
I can not even imagine what you are going through right now. If there is ANYTHING you need, please do not hesitate to let me know. You & your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. it may not make sense now, or mean anything, but your mom WILL be there with you when Corbin is born.

please take all of the time that you need hon, we understand completely and will be here for you always....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search