My Appointment today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2008, 03:55 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
So I had my 33 week appointment today, and my last cervical check. Good news is Nathan is 4lbs 8oz, looking wonderful, he had his foot in his mouth so cute! Bad news is I have no cervix left. Gone. Completly thinned. His head is down and ready, and my cevix is thinned. I do not know if I am dialated because my Doc did not want to manually check because he is afraid to break my water. So he said any day now. I also had a progesterone shot today, and I have one more and thats it..I am so glad to be done with those. I get released off bedrest next Thursday, Sept 18th and Im so excited for that. BUT...I am scared. It means Nathan is going to come along soon, and yes he will be preemie but the docs say he is going to do great and should not have to stay in the NICU if I can hold off until 34 weeks. We are so not prepared. I have my baby shower this weekend so I know it will get me started on what I have left to get. Just so much in my house to get in order. Nesting has kicked in and seeing as how I am not allowed to clean it is driving me crazy I want to clean my house so bad. You'd better believe that next Thursday I will be cleaning my house. So I am rambling way to much, sorry! Thanks for be here for me.

BTW I am having contractions, crampy tight but nothing regular so the doctor says not to be worried till I feel 6 a hour. Doc says that BH should not have crampy feelings..
September 8th, 2008, 05:24 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jen I am so proud of you!!!! You have come so far and little Nathan is doing great! I can't believe you are almost 33 weeks!!!! You are awesome, as far as all the nesting and stuff, remember what you are doing on bed rest is way more important than having a neat house. You should talk to your man and tell him you need a house cleaner to come in, it will help!
September 9th, 2008, 07:14 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Aw thanks Judy

Its feel so great knowing I am almost 33 weeks!!! Every day has been a blessing and I am so thankful!

A house cleaner would be amazing, but money is tight with me being outta work so I know we cant swing that.
The nesting instinct can be so strong, I wish I had that instinct normally lol.
My DH does a great job of cleaning, just not my job of cleaning ya know....
I just have to keep my impatience in check and its gonna be fine! Only one more week!! WOOT
September 9th, 2008, 07:17 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
OMG Jen! He's almost here. Woohoo for next week and no more bed rest. You have done such a great job baking that lil guy mama!

September 9th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jen, you have done such a good job keeping Nathan baking! How exciting that you'll be off bedrest next week, and can get those things done that have been bugging you. Remember to take breaks and lay down to rest though, or he'll be here quicker than you think I bet.

Can't wait to meet your little man!!! But I can wait awhile yet if he wants to stay put a little longer

September 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad he looked great on the u/s and sucking his foot, that is just so sweet!! Like the others have said its not important for your house to be clean, you just keep him baking a little longer. And I also agree about hiring someone to come in and do everything you want done. Maybe some family member would come over and help do those things that you shouldn't be doing and you just lay there and supervise it all!! I hope you have a fantastic baby shower too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search