Is it weird??????

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Not sure if I posted this before but I have a couple of questions. First off can you leak urine or AF and not really feel it. I know I leak when I cough or sneeze which isnt fun but can you leak with out feeling it. I will go to the bathroom and notice that my undies are wet and never felt anything. Sorry for the TMI but its been bugging me. None of this stuff happens before I go to the doctor to ask always after Also can you tell the difference between urine and AF just from looking at it? My other question is, is it weird that I am kind of hoping for a c-section? The only reason I wouldnt mind having one is because then I would know for sure when she was coming and my mom and sister want to be here when I go to the hospital and this will give them the heads up. Everyone in my family keeps telling me that I wont need one and blah blah blah but I've come to terms if I do because if she doesnt flip then that is the choice we making in having a c-section. I dont get why the doctor would say that on the 25th if the U/S shows that she is still breeched then we will be scheduling the c-section if it wasnt needed KWIM? I guess I'm just tired of some of my family trying to say that my pg is the same as what they went through and I know thats not true because everyone is different. Sorry for the TMI and kind of rant. I'm just getting to that point where I'm ready to find out excatly what is going on with her and I'm tired of my family telling me exactly what I will go through.
September 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am no help with the urine/af thing. I haven't leaked urine (yet, anyway ) and I don't always feel the CM coming down. Usually I do but not always, so sometimes the wetness is a suprise. I wouldn't call it AF unless it was brown or red though. Did you mean CM?

About the c-section, no I don't think it's weird to want one. I am happy as heck that I actually need one. the cramps/contractions with m/c'ing the B/O hurt like (insert favorite expletive here) and after that I am very happy to NOT have to go thru a much more painful, messy labor. (and I'm afraid I would poop on the table! ) I am fine with surgery, and as a bonus they will try to fix the scar from my last surgery (basically had the same procedure as a c-section with the corneal ectopic). I don't think that dr did a very good job with it when she put me back together. They are going to cut it out and put fresh skin together.
September 10th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Sorry AF was Aminotic Fluid (sp)
September 10th, 2008, 11:49 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Angie,

many women leak urine during pregnancy...not just when sneezing or coughing either...and guess what? you may still leak AFTER she is born.....nice huh??

as far as C section...no, I dont think it is weird at all......I wanted one.....(until it was time...lol)...I didnt have a choice..she was breech and the preeclampsia was really going to kill me....

if you are going to have one and have any questions, just send me a pm..I'll to answer as many questions as I can !

September 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Thank you. I just want to do what is in the best interest for her. I know that if a c-section wasnts neseccery (sp) then the doctor would not have even brought that up. I guess all I can do right now is wait and see how the u/s goes and go from there. If I do have any questions I will for sure ask you dee and thank you for helping me become more informed.
September 10th, 2008, 12:27 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I understand wanting a c-section. With haley for some reason, I wanted one. I would up having to have an emergency one anyway. I hope it goes whatever way you want. I will be having a repeat one this time.

September 10th, 2008, 03:27 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Sorry AF was Aminotic Fluid (sp)[/b]

DOH!!! I never even thought of that!!!
September 10th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i remember leaking towards the end of my first pg. but it wasn't pee or af, it was just.... cm. LOTS of it. so much that i had to wear at least a liner everyday. it's normal.and it was clear and not slimy like regular cm is, but watery. that's prob what it is.

September 10th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's very common to leak urine when pg and even afterwards after baby. As for determining if it's "A/F" or urine you can do kegels when it's coming out. If it's urine and you do a kegel it'll stop but if it's A/F you'll still leak even while doing the kegel.

I remember doing that when my water broke with Makenna to see if I had just pee'd myself or if my water actually broke.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search