Seven years ago today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I woke up late that morning. I jumped in the shower and got to the Smith building as fast as I could. It turns out that my Russian teacher was running late too, so most of my classmates were gathered outside the classroom door, waiting for it to be unlocked.

It took me a few seconds to understand what the conversation buzz was. And then I had to say "Wait...an airplane did what?"

In low voices they explained it to me.

A roommate and I stopped by a friend's apartment so we could watch the live news coverage, since our stupid landlords hadn't gotten our cable (or internet OR phones!!) hooked up yet. We saw the second tower fall. I'll never ever forget that.

Later that day the managers to our apartments set up a free long distance phone line so that we could call our families. I was so worried about my older brother, who was in the army, and who was scheduled for leave in New York City around that time. When it was finally my turn, my hands were shaking almost too bad to dial the number and I was in tears before Dad even answered. The conversation was really short.

"Hi Dad"
"Nano's okay"
"Oh good."
"Are you okay?"
"Okay as I can be."
"Oh good."
"Well, there's a line, so I'd better go."
"Okay, love you bye."

The girl behind me was from New York. She was VERY stressed out and very glad I'd kept it really short.

Later, in newspapers and in the news they said that 9/11 would be to my generation like Pearl Harbor was to that one. We would always remember where we were and what we were doing.

I still get chills on this day. I still say and quick prayer for all the families affected. I still say a prayer for our nation.

I will never forget.

September 11th, 2008, 10:16 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
It still brings me chills. That was a devastating day. I pray for all the victims, their family and our country and all our men fighting for us!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 11th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do also remember where I was and what I was doing. Is till remmeber getting the phone call at 7am, about some world trade center and two planes, I have no idea what they were telling, until I put on the TV and watched what happened. I remember that I went to class, we had class, a short one. After that I went to work and the they told me to go home, that the school was closing for the day. The most shocking thing about that day is that I had my sister and her boyfriend and my cousen and boyfriend visiting from Spain, we went out for lunch and people kept looking at us as if what happened was our fault, only because one of the guys did not shaved for a couple of days.
Anway, I will keep those people affected by this tragety on my mind today.

September 11th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i still choke up when i think about it. a friend called in the morning and my dh told me something i didn't understand, then we turned on the tv and i was like ugh what's this, a fire? then i watched more and saw the 2nd tower. it was like shock. luckily i don't know anyone in ny, or dc, so i didn't have to do the panicked phone calls. but still, every time i think about, it makes me tear up. i will prob tell my son about it soon, he's 6 now. maybe next yr. and of course, i could never forget what happened.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search