We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I wake up to this voicemail... "This is Soandso with Dr. XXX's office and we are calling to let you know she will not be in today due to the weather, so you will need to reschedule your appointment".
I have been a nervous wreck for DAYS and now I don't get my ultrasound because of this stupid freaking hurricane.
I rescheduled for next Wednesday at 2:00. And right after I did, I realized that the date is Sept 17. The same day I found out that Thomas died. It's like there is some cosmic joke going on and I'm the brunt of it. Why do all these dates and/or gestational ages have to keep coming up the same? So now Sept 17 has the potential to be somewhat redeemed (by seeing a healthy little baby) or the potential to be the most horrible day of my life...all over again.
Another week of worrying for me....
I'm going to try to call Monday morning and see if they will move up my appt to that day, as of right now they don't know if my dr is coming in that day so I couldn't reschedule it for then.
I still don't even know what we are doing. It looks like it is going to slam almost exactly where we are and we're 40 miles off the coast. If we evacuate who knows how far we'll have to drive to find a hotel, plus one that will let us bring our cats. Dh wants to decide tomorrow morning if we will evacuate or not.
Well, today and Friday are out. Monday is unknown but I will for sure ask to get the u/s that day if my Dr comes in that day. Tuesday they said she was totally booked. Wednesday was the earliest I could get in and as much as I HATE what day it's on, I just don't know if I can make myself postpone the u/s any later than that.
Yeah, I'd totally move that date!! Call them, and tell them why, and I bet they'll be more than accomocating, hun. Also be sure and tell them about all the anxiety you have been having, see if they can come up with anything helpful for you!
Here, I have a plan for you! Just load you guys and your kitties in the car, and head to central Nebraska. My mom's house is there, and there's three empty bedrooms upstairs (you could all have your own LOL!), also I have a girlfriend out there that is a u/s tech and and we'll sneak you in for an ultrasound! She offered to do it for me last weekend.
I'm sorry, Shannon!! That just stinks all around!!! You stay safe, lady, no matter what you guys do! Leaving sooner rather than later sounds good though, or you guys won't need to worry about a hotel; you'll be stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway when the stupid hurricane hits.
You can ask them to move the date, but I know you will be ok, but if it makes you feel better then move the dates to before if possible.
I'm sorry about the hurricane, I'm starting to get worry about some of you that live on the path of the hurricane, please be safe.
I'm sorry! I had an u/s on my angels EDD which was also only a few days shy of when in my first pg I found out he was gone. It was so hard working up to that day. If it is just too much for you I would try re-scheduling it again
you know what, i started spotting on the exact day (6w 5d) that i had my last m/c, and i was thinking WHY is that the "magical" date??? why again on the same day?? then the same day i went in for an u/s to make sure things were ok, and i saw the hb. i know you'll see your l/o, and that will make that date a good one for 08.