BTDT MOMS

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2008, 12:09 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I am so lost about being a Mom and SO SO unprepared. So...

Can you tell me something you cant live without and somethings you dont recommend or need?

Thanks ladies Im kinda freaking out here.
September 12th, 2008, 05:37 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
When I had Haley, she LOVED her bouncer seat and swing. You will be wonderful honey, don't worry. It will all fall into place.

How are you doing?

September 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Admitting you don't know everything is a GOOD THING! You'll learn along the way and you'll do great!

Ditto to the bouncy seat. It was a lifesafer and allowed me to do a few things around the house and shower! The other thing that was great was the Jolly Jumper. That let me eat a hot meal again and was the best $30 investment ever!!!

Hmmm...what else? Oh, the Miracle Blanket!!! I can't rave enough about this. It's the world's best swaddling blanket and we used ours until she was 6 months. I swear it's what had her sleeping through the night (i.e. 5-6hrs) at 6 wks old. Makenna loved to be held and swaddling allowed us to give her that feeling while she slept. I'm so grateful to a friend who gave this to us and I can't wait to us it for this lil' one too.
September 12th, 2008, 07:45 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
the swing and bouncy seats help alot !!
and we would be lost without her musical crib toy.....it plays for 20 minutes and she is out in no time.
I have to admt, I have not been really using my wipe warmer......the wipes just didnt feel warm after being out for like 5 seconds !

September 12th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree whole heartedly on the bouncer and jhonny jumper (obviously when they r a bit older), and the SWING was my #1 thing. There was a point where Gavin would not sleep or stay asleep unless he was being rocked in the swing. Mine had a timer so Id put huim in it with a sleeper on and turn it on and go back to sleep. God send!!!!

Also the lanolin disposable breast feeding pads. Those are awsome, they are so absorbent and will not irritate your breast or nipples.

Unnecessariy things include: the diaper geinie (you can get the knock off at walmart for 20$ and use regular trash bags in it), bottle sterilizer (you can get at target i think a plastic basket thing that fits in your dishwasher and do your nipples and bottles with all ur other stuff).

September 12th, 2008, 08:26 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i love the gowns for her to sleep in. very convienient!
also she hates being swaddled already, so i have sleep sacks & they are great.
she also loves toys with music, including her swing and bouncy seat.

things i think are not needed (i don't have these and we have done fine) - wipe warmer, sleep positioner.

don't worry, even though it is daunting, you will know what to do. and even when you don't know, you are still doing okay and will figure out what works for you and your baby. you will be so great as a Mom!
September 12th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I didn't have a boppy pillow and I think I would really have liked one. Other than that, all the things that I might have mentioned have already been!

I agree with what Kalis said though: You'll figure it out. It's overwhelming at first, but you're learning and so is your baby. I believe that anybody who is really trying to be a good parent will do okay.

September 12th, 2008, 09:49 AM
ooooo thanks ladies, I love hearing what you guys recommend...
Yes bouncy seat a must and swing a must, and Im going to check into that Miracle Blanket, since I am going back to work sleeping more during the night will be a great thing! Oh yes Ive heard alot of woman say those gowns are a must at night!

I guess I will have to learn all this along the way. I was just kinda hoping that once he comes I would somehow magically know lol
September 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM
*Pamela*
Ditto bouncy seat and swing. To save money on swaddling blankets use receiving blankets, that's what we used and along with the blankets they gave in the hospital. We didn't have a boppy either and just used a bed pillow.

I agree about the wipe warmer, we never used ours. If you have space in the nursery, a rocker/glider is great to calm baby and nurse and bond.

We also had a crib soother that had the light show on the ceiling as well as a colorful mobile.

I didn't know anything either, we just learned as we go and you'll be awesome!
September 12th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say buy things as you need them, you'll know when you're ready for the bouncy chair and Bumbo. DS hated the swing and his Jolly Jumper. He loved his Bumbo and his sit-in activity centre. I also loved having a pack n play near the kitchen-I live in a 2 storey and there was no place to put him down when he was really little and I wanted to cook. Also get a stroller you love, we've been though three strollers and two jogging strollers and he's 23 months old! Travelling really wears them down, I wish we'd have gotten a good expensive one from the start. I also loved my Angel Care Monitor, it monitors their breathing when they're in the crib and can also only do sound---I only just put it away last month! I also wish I would have bought an Ergo baby carrier, DS is too big to buy one now, but I could have used one when he was little.
September 12th, 2008, 03:46 PM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
YES The Night gowns are a saviour!!!!! They have Boy ones too!!! They are like really long night gowns, with an elastic bottom at the feet... and u jus pull it up, change the bum, and pull it back down! LOL Rather than messing with Snaps, buttons or zippers n the middle of the night when yer half asleep! Heres one! Mine didnt have a drawstring tho... Jus an elastic type bottom.. his feet occasionally stuck out but thats okay..
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

September 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I have one of those Angel Care monitors..so glad to hear you like it! Its a little pricey but I really think it will be worth me feeling that he is safer!

Yes I have several of those gowns already, and hope to get more at the shower. That one is so cute!
September 14th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
i love the jumper, the chair, the wipe warmer, and the gowns.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search