Agrrrr

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love my family don't get me wrong, but sometimes, I can't take them.
So I'm talking to one of my cousin’s (over the internet, by the way), we are pretty close we pretty much grew up together, so she's more of a sister than a cousin. Anyway, so she talking about how in a bit over a week we'll find out the sex of the baby. and I said well, if I can convince dh not to know, then we will not find out. She had the nerve to say that one of us have to find out because she needs to know, she wants to know and she will not wait until Feb, WTH? Since when is this their decision and not ours? Does anybody else have family member like this? Oh yeah and let’s not forget how they treat me like I'm a little kid still, I'm in my 30s! I'm going to be a mom, I think I'm not a kid anymore. agrr!!!
Thanks for letting me vent.

September 12th, 2008, 08:29 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm sorry they are giving you grief. This is you and dh baby, it is your decision to find out or not. Some people just don't know how to mind their own business.

September 12th, 2008, 08:44 AM
And I forgot to mention, that they are expecting me to go home after the baby is born so that everybody can meet the baby.It will cost us over $3000 to go home, not to mention that it's cheaper for them to come since the Euro is doing way better than the $.
We are kind of planning on it but I don't know how it work with new born babies and going out of the country.
Sorry I guess I'm just very frustuated this moring.

September 12th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Um, you do what you want. It's not her baby, it's yours! Also, I would advise against a huge trip like that with a newborn; make them come to you, afterall you will be the one who just gave birth and are trying to settle in with your newly expanded family. I traveled cross country w/ ds when he was just under 3 months old, it wasn't any fun. You're trying to get on a schedule with them, and travel throws everything out of whack. Plus taveling commercially like that, you expose them to all kinds of germies and such from a bizillion different unknown people; not neccessarily what a newborn needs. Just my 2 cents.

September 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I know some people who would be forceful like that...if I chose to wait. Since I'm not, they don't voice it. Just let her deal with it when it comes to that time! What would she do, make you go back and get another u/s? In the end, you *could* say the baby was uncooperative!

I agree with the advice against traveling. Definitely make them come to you.

September 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Um, you do what you want. It's not her baby, it's yours! Also, I would advise against a huge trip like that with a newborn; make them come to you, afterall you will be the one who just gave birth and are trying to settle in with your newly expanded family. I traveled cross country w/ ds when he was just under 3 months old, it wasn't any fun. You're trying to get on a schedule with them, and travel throws everything out of whack. Plus taveling commercially like that, you expose them to all kinds of germies and such from a bizillion different unknown people; not neccessarily what a newborn needs. Just my 2 cents.[/b]
I totally agree. That is a LONG plane ride too!! I can't even imagine trying to keep a baby happy for that long in such a confined environment. Plus, if their little ears can't equalize, it could make for a really unhappy 8 hours or so. I just think it would be so much EASIER if they came here, not to mention less expensive. That's just my additional 2 cents.

Also, do you think she could have been kidding around? I know I would say something like that(just to show my anxiousness and enthusiasm), but in a joking manner of course. If not, wow, that is pretty out there. I hope she was just kidding, but if not, I would be pretty upset too.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
September 12th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Also, do you think she could have been kidding around? I know I would say something like that(just to show my anxiousness and enthusiasm), but in a joking manner of course. If not, wow, that is pretty out there. I hope she was just kidding, but if not, I would be pretty upset too.[/b]
Oh she was serious, this is the first baby in the family so I now they are very excited, but it's our decision not theirs. We are either finding out because dh can't keep a secret and I know that he would tell me in a manner of hours.

About traveling, it's a hard decicion because we both have grandparents that can't fly and we don't know how long they will last, so we don't know what to do.

September 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Ahh, I see, about the traveling thing. I still would suggest a wait of atleast a few months though; I absolutely wouldn't reccommend it before that 3 months that I traveled at. We drove from San Francisco to Central Nebraska, and we had to make an ER stop in Wyoming. Those darn mountains, like Victoria said, caused so much build-up in Sid's ears; and he was a screaming, fevered, vomiting mess. And that kind of thing is scary w/ a newborn, especially for a 1st time mom. It was no fun at all, and those were only mountains. Now granted, flying may be easier as you are there to administer a bottle at just the right times to get them sucking to pop their ears; but I guarantee it still won't be any fun. However, I understand that once again; you have to do what is right for you, hun.

September 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to give you a Im sorry its hard decision. She is out of line being so pushy, its your decision and she should bite her tongue if she doesnt like the idea.

I dont think travling with an infant was ever hard for me as long as you have DH there to help of course. Gavin travled very well, and slept the entire flight (mukltiple times. Its MUCH easier than with a toddler . Also if everyone agrees that you should be the ones flying out there (for grandparents and such) ask them to donate towards the flying costs since youll have just had a baby and youll be a bit tight on funds. Just an idea

September 12th, 2008, 12:14 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How irritating! They should respect your decision to not find out the gender. I know there are probably people in our families who would say things, but like Brittanie, we won't experience it since we plan to find out. In the end it is YOUR decision and they just have to deal with it.

That is a tough decision about visiting...I would be hesitant to fly that far with an infant.

September 12th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Thank you all for your suggestion and support. About the traveling, we are going to ask the doctor, right now, it's just a thought.

Anyway, thanks, I guess I'm just a bit more emotional than normal and people telling me this thing just got to me, so I'm sorry for being such a pain.

September 12th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Patty dont be silly. Thats what we are all here for.

September 12th, 2008, 02:10 PM

You're not a pain Pat!! Never! **smooch**

I agree w/ Eleysia, I had that same thought, about suggesting to the rest of the family that they assist w/ the costs. And yes, you will have DH with you; I always traveled by myself (that probably made the difference). That trip cross-country was made w/ my cousin to help though. I did fly w/ DS a little later, he was a bit older, and it wasn't as bad. If you decide to do it, Patty, it will be fine. It's manageable, it's just not much fun at the moment.

September 12th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Awww I love you girls

Still a waste away, since it won't be until at least April, I'll let you know when the time comes what we decide.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search