I'll be MIA

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2008, 08:31 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Well, Hurrican Ike is headed my way for sure. I live about 40 miles north of Galveston where it will enter land. We are predicted to have 75-100 mph winds and 110+ gusts and 6-10" rain. We may not have power for several weeks. Which means no internet and no JM I will update as soon as I can, but it doesn't look good for us right now. We are all boarded up and staying put. Please just say a prayer for all the people that Ike is going to affect. I love you all and will talk to you soon.

September 12th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Gosh Michelle, please be safe. I will be thinking about you guys all weekend and I'll be parying for all of you. I'm very worry about you guys out there and the Hurricane, please, please stay safe and update as soon as you can.

September 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Michelle!!! Do be careful!!! I'll be so worried about you guys, they're saying Galveston is going to see the worst of it (or that's what I hear on the news and radio). Do you have a cell phone? Does someone here have your number? When is it expected to make land-fall? Tonight-ish??

September 12th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I will be thinking about you guys all weekend. I hope you dont get hit to hard and that it passes quickly. Do you have anyone on here to contact to update us on how you are doing?

September 12th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Jenn the storm will hit tonight around 1 am. We should start feeling effects as early as this evening. We are on the "bad" side of the storm.

Angie, I will text Pat (pitridge) when I can so she can update everyone.

Thanks for the prayers.

September 12th, 2008, 09:07 AM
And I promise I will update as soon as I hear from Michelle.

September 12th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks Patty. As soon as it's safe, and I have a signal. I will let you know.

September 12th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Oh, good!! We'll be buggin you for updates on them Patty!

Michelle, do you have a contingency plan if it gets too awful? I don't want to see you and Miss Haley on the news being rescued from a tree in your front yard!!

September 12th, 2008, 09:38 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
stay safe sweetie!! we'll all be praying for you!!
September 12th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Oh, good!! We'll be buggin you for updates on them Patty!

Michelle, do you have a contingency plan if it gets too awful? I don't want to see you and Miss Haley on the news being rescued from a tree in your front yard!! [/b]
Jenn, LMAO! That made me laugh. I needed that.

I believe we will be fine in our house. It doesn't flood where I am at. I'm really just worried about winds and tornadoes. We will hide in our closet, that is the safest place in the house.

Quote:
stay safe sweetie!! we'll all be praying for you!![/b]
Thanks Anne!!

September 12th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Happy to oblige, darlin! My attempts at levity aren't always funny, but I try. I'll be thinking about you, and hoping that you guys will be fine; and not huddling in your closet. Are you all stocked up; water, candles, matches, blankets, clothes, tp, canned food (dont' forget the can-opener), etc?

September 12th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I've also heard that in the bathtub is a good place if there is a tornado. At least thats what my grandpa always did

September 12th, 2008, 10:07 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck Michelle! We are staying put too and hiding out in the closet as well. It's the only place in the house with no windows so that's where we are going.

It doesn't flood where I'm at either so the concern is the wind, but I think we'll be okay.

I'm hoping the power isn't out for TOO long.

September 12th, 2008, 10:13 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
take care. we will be waiting to hear how you all are doing. thinking of you!
September 12th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Happy to oblige, darlin! My attempts at levity aren't always funny, but I try. I'll be thinking about you, and hoping that you guys will be fine; and not huddling in your closet. Are you all stocked up; water, candles, matches, blankets, clothes, tp, canned food (dont' forget the can-opener), etc?[/b]
We have all of that to last about a week.

Quote:
I've also heard that in the bathtub is a good place if there is a tornado. At least thats what my grandpa always did [/b]
I've heard that too. I will remember that. Thanks Angie

Quote:
Good luck Michelle! We are staying put too and hiding out in the closet as well. It's the only place in the house with no windows so that's where we are going.

It doesn't flood where I'm at either so the concern is the wind, but I think we'll be okay.

I'm hoping the power isn't out for TOO long. [/b]
I'll be praying for you too Shannon!

Quote:
take care. we will be waiting to hear how you all are doing. thinking of you![/b]
Thanks Kristi!

September 12th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Quote:

You guys decided to stay too, huh? Well, you stay safe as well!!! Are you guys all stocked up too?

September 12th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Quote:

Please stay safe too and update as soon as you can, so that we know you are ok.
I'll be praying for both of you.

September 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! Be safe! I will be thinkin' about you

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 12th, 2008, 10:48 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, we are stocked up as well and doing last minute things so we are ready to go. I was going to start a hurricane post later on and I can keep you updated for as long as power lasts. Other than that I will update as soon as I can or if someone on here PMs me their cell number I can text and let you know how it goes.

Michelle, we will have some interesting stories for our babies about this! This is all making me glad I am not due in September! I can't imagine dealing with this if I were almost due.

I'll post some pics later of our closet setup.

September 12th, 2008, 10:49 AM
*Pamela*
Keeping you and family close in thought, stay safe hun. will be looking for that update.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search