newbie - can i join you?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Regular
Hi everyone! I have been on a pregnancy after loss board on another website and am looking for a new "home" - my sister tracked me down there and has been reading my posts there as well as posting messages. She has never had a loss, and it just seems wrong to me that she is posting on a loss board now. In any case. I feel like my safe place that has been a great support to me over the past year is not safe anymore, I don't feel comfortable on that board now. I just found this website and I LOVE that there is a private, password protected page. I can't figure out who to PM or how to do it though to get the password. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

I had a miscarriage last October at 8 weeks. We had a little difficulty getting pregnant, but with the help of an RE, I got pregnant again in February and am now almost 36 weeks. I had preterm labor at 30 weeks, spent 4 days in the hospital, and have been on bedrest since then - but I'm almost done bedrest and so so grateful to have made it this far with a healthy baby. I really hope I can make some friends here as I did on the last board, it is amazing the support you can find from other people who have truly been there.
September 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
hello and welcome to the board !
my name is Dee and I cohost the board with Heather.

I am very sorry for your loss.....
the ladies here now how hard it can be to be pregnant again. We all understand the anxiety that goes along with pregnancy after a loss.
I am hoping you will feel comfortable here with us, the ladies are wonderful....we do however like to see more posting activity before giving out the password to the private forum...I hope you understand & stick around with us !!!!
now jump on in and get posting !!!

September 13th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Regular
Hi Dee! Thanks for the warm welcome. I completely understand and appreciate your policy - that makes me feel even safer posting here. Since I am still on bedrest I am on the computer most of the day, so I will probably be posting quite a bit, I hope you don't get sick of me right away! I need to figure out how to add a siggy and all that stuff. I am totally new to this site altogether and trying to figure out how things work. I feel like the new kid trying to find my way around
September 13th, 2008, 11:39 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Quote:
Hi Dee! Thanks for the warm welcome. I completely understand and appreciate your policy - that makes me feel even safer posting here. Since I am still on bedrest I am on the computer most of the day, so I will probably be posting quite a bit, I hope you don't get sick of me right away! I need to figure out how to add a siggy and all that stuff. I am totally new to this site altogether and trying to figure out how things work. I feel like the new kid trying to find my way around [/b]
we will try and help any way we can !!

to add any pics to your siggy (in your control panel) You will need to set up a free Photobucket account

http://photobucket.com/ and use the IMG code for your siggy. Once you get the hang of it, it is easy !
feel free to ask any questions.....

September 14th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Hello!!

Im Brandy mom of 3 kiddos and 2 angels. I just finally had my miracle baby, Makenna even tho all my children are my angels, she means a bit more..lol..I had 2 stillbirths in the last few years
But with all these great ladies here i found the strength to get out of bed each day. they are all wonderful.
They understand what your going through more then most Im really sorry to hear about your loss.

Im glad you have found your way to us!

September 14th, 2008, 11:32 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello! Welcome to JM!! This is a great site, and I have always felt very welcome and supported here. I Love it, and know you will too!

Anyhow, I would suggest being very secretive with your siggy (ie, no pics of yourself) if your sister tracked you down on another board. JM is very popular and if she trying to find you, she is likely to find JM too. Just my suggestion if you want to remain anonymous hun.

Anyhow, I am SOO excited to learn you are already 36 weeks, that is great!! Anyday now and you will be meeting your baby - YAY!! Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
September 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Regular
Thank you so much girls!! I am going to try to work on my siggie, I really want to add a ticker - and thanks for the tips on staying anonymous! Very much appreciated

I am very sorry to hear about all of your losses. I hate that anyone has ever experienced such a tragic loss, but I am so grateful for the support I always recieve from anyone who has this common bond. I feel like my experience has truly made me a more empathetic person, I hope to be able to lend support to someone else in their time of need as well.

Oh, and we are having a little girl! I can't wait!
September 15th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say Welcome this ownderful board! The girls are are truly amazing.

September 15th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Welcome to PAL! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, and the problem with your sister!

I wrote you a welcome note this weekend, just when I welcomed our other new lady; but when I came to check this morning, it's not here. Soooo, once again, welcome; I hope you find a happy home here! The ladies are wonderful, and it's so exciting that it's almost time to meet your little one already.

September 15th, 2008, 10:07 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! Congrats on your little girl!
September 15th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I somehow missed this one! Welcome to JM and PAL, although I'm sorry that you have to be in a loss support forum. I'm Brittanie, and I cohost the Pregnancy Loss forum.

I'm pregnant with my third. My first is my angel, Cora, who was stillborn, and then I had my sweetness, Erin, who is 15 months old.

So I'm glad that you have just jumped in! I'm sorry for the problem with your sister. My sister comes and checks up on me sometimes, but she's really sweet about it. I'm sorry your sister had a negative impact instead of being supportive like she should be.

Welcome aboard!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search