Ok, can somebody slap me??? NOW!!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2008, 11:55 AM
*Pamela*
I've been sitting here the past 2 days missing my husband and balling my eyes out because I miss him. The thing is, he is only away for 2 weeks and I feel like such a baby because I know some of you ladies have had you hubbys gone much longer.

He's in Germany and should be at the Nurburgring hotel in about an hour. They drove and I hate the idea that they are so far away. I worry about him being out there. To top it off, I won't be talking to him much because his cell phone charges an arm and leg for roming fees and he will be working long hours.

I'm happy that he's got to participate in this event and could lead to better jobs. He's designed a prototype camera system and Nissan had them install it in their new car for a big launch this year. He's done one run with them here in the UK and then he has this 2 weeks in Germany and then another 2 weeks at the end of October. He found out they are doing the launch in the states but they already have coverage. I would have gone on that one with him.

I know my pregnancy has been great but still worry that if something comes up, I don't know what I'll do, especially the second trip. Plus I hate being in this house with just me and the kids. We have great neighbors but still..... I tried so hard not to cry when he left and then he sent me a photo of them leaving the port and I started balling my eyes out again. then I started crying when I checked the ferry times to see that they had landed and knowing I still had 4 hours till I spoke to him again.

I know they say absence makes the heart grow fonder but one day is enough. I love this man with all my heart and never thought I would marry someone like him. Ok, I'm stopping becasue I'm welling up again.

So please tell me to stop acting like a baby or that maybe it's just my hormones?????

September 14th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
oh sweetie, its normal! i know when Dwayne left for 2 weeks i was lost!
You have every right to cry!

September 14th, 2008, 12:10 PM
*Pamela*
Thanks Brandy. I just got off the phone with him, they just got to the hotel so I'm really relieved that they made it ok. He also told me that he has absolutely no network coverage so all we'll have is an occasional email if he gets the time to do that.

He did say that it's absolutely beautiful over there and reminded him alot of America. Said in Holland the highways look like America's and then as they drove into Germany, it was like driving in the country mountains of Pennsylvania and the hotel is really nice and he wants us all to have a holiday there. I'll have to wait and see if he feels the same way at the end of the trip.
September 14th, 2008, 02:00 PM
ChattyAshley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, Brandy is right. Doesn't matter how long they're gone, it's always hard.

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my cute siggy!
September 14th, 2008, 03:38 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ah hun, I'm sorry you have to be without him for that long. I'm kinda the same way when mine goes away. He went away for 4 days a couple weeks ago, and it was agony. I don't mind the days so much(like any other work day), but the nights are the hardest. I hope the time goes quickly for you! Hugs!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
September 15th, 2008, 11:20 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I get the same way even when Im not pregnant...its just love, and add in the hormones it can make ya a little weepy..but you arent being a baby just an emotional person who has an attachment and needs her partner is all! I hope it flys by for you, and he comes home and you guys are closer than ever.
September 16th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I get the same way when DH leaves to go hunting even for just a weekend. I miss not having him here to talk to or laugh with. I hope it gets better for you and these next 2 weeks go by really fast.
September 16th, 2008, 07:36 AM
*Pamela*
Thanks so much ladies, I'm feeling better. I get a few moments to chat with him at night but he gets home so late I hate to keep him too long. He's a big goof, him and his brother took some photos on the ferry of them trying to look like CSI Miami dudes, ha!

I spent the day with my mil and auntie and she treated us to lunch. I was glad to get home though and just relax.

I just keep thinking that when my hubby gets home, I'll be 31 weeks!!!! And then when he gets back from the second trip I'll be 35 weeks!!! Anything to help pass the time while he is gone.

Thanks again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search