Sort of new here

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2005, 05:54 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hi! I know some of you from some of the other JM boards, but thought I'd come over here due to new circumstances.

DH and I have had some trouble with TTC. Almost 3 years ago, I found out I was pregnant, unexpectedly, and under some pretty terrible circumstances. I was shocked, since I'd been told that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant, ever. At 21 1/2 weeks, though, we found out that the baby was small and the heartbeat was failing and I had to have a D&E. We started TTC soon after. Over the next 2 years, we went for a long time without getting pregnant (to our knowledge), then suffered at least 2 miscarriages and 1 chemical pregnancy, though our doc thinks that it might be more. I had my September pregnancy confirmed, but at 13 DPO, my hCG was 35. At 16 DPO, 75, I think. BARELY doubling in 72 hours. I miscarried at 7 weeks.

SO, I'm pregnant again, and obviously worried (who among us isn't?), even though everything looks much better. I am 4w4d today. At 13 DPO, my hCG was 167 and my progesterone was 24.78. At 17 DPO, hCG was 619. Given different times of day and such, my doubling rate is about 49 hours, which is apparently good (though, of course, I would hope for better-than-textbook doubling). I'm still terrified that I could miscarry, even though this one seems to be off to a much better start. I had to have methotrexate for the last miscarriage, too, and that has been affecting my symptoms, I'm sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and open it up for advice, comments, suggestions. I thank all of you in advance for keeping me sane as I tiptoe my way through this one!!!

December 28th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Bumping my post because I replied to too many posts and moved it down!

December 28th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, we are all tiptoeing with you. Lets just vision a beautiful field of tulips. ( I love imagery). A little(lot) of sticky dust flying your way.
December 28th, 2005, 08:53 AM
hopin4a4rth
Welcome!! We know that fear. Hoping/praying that this is a sticky bean for you!
December 28th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Thank you, ladies. Every little twinge is scaring the crap out of me and I STILL keep checking my CM/CP several times a day to make sure that it's mostly closed and that there's no blood.

I'm insane.

December 28th, 2005, 06:12 PM
soontobemommyto3
It is so hard isn't it. When do you get to go in and see the h/b? Did you ever see the h/b with the last one? It does help to see it, although I am still freaked out by every twinge, pull etc and then worry if I my symptoms come and go. It will be a long 9 months, but at least I won't be alone!

I'm so happy you are pregnant with me!
December 28th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know you have been trying for such a long time and am sooooooooo happy for you! Congrats! Hopefully I will join you all in here in about 2 months.

December 29th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Quote:
It is so hard isn't it. When do you get to go in and see the h/b? Did you ever see the h/b with the last one? It does help to see it, although I am still freaked out by every twinge, pull etc and then worry if I my symptoms come and go. It will be a long 9 months, but at least I won't be alone!

I'm so happy you are pregnant with me! [/b]
I'm happy about it, too, Susan!!! I didn't really get to see tany of the heartbeats. The pregnancy never developed enough, and in the one it DID, they had trouble finding it, then it was very strong, then almost non-existent. This time, I get to go in at a little over 7 weeks on the 17th. In the meantime, I'm hoping HARD that we make it that far and that there's a h/b. I'm already so nervous. I'm still checking everything but my temp. I fully expect to see blood every time I go to the bathroom. I WILL feel better once I see the h/b.

Have any of you rented fetal dopplers to ease your mind a bit?

Astrid, thank you again for the congrats! I can't wait till we see you on here, either! How FUN! Of course, I'll be cheering you on when you get back to TTC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search