Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry girls, I am sure all of you know grief, although its different for each person and each circumstance, but I think we all know how much it takes out of us emotionally and physically. I am just plain tired and have no energy for anything right now.

I get on here, then have no energy to read anything or reply. But I am hoping I can change that. Just have to try harder.

Anyway, I cant really say how i am feeling, I think I am still in shock and detached at times, and others I am a crying mess. Its so hard. Saturday was really hard because she was suppose to be here, and it had also been one week since I spoke to her last

Sunday we went to my brothers house and went through all of the stuff he brought home. WOW she saved sooooooooo much stuff from us growing up. She saved our school work, cards, everything!! She saved every letter we ever wrote her, so we got all of that back. She was so sweet and organized!! I only hope and pray I can save all of that stuff from my boys and not lose it over the years!! We got alot of stuff that brought back alot of memories. Including poems that she wrote to each of us. She loved writing poetry, she was so good at it.

We got our individual urns too. My brother bought all of us kids (5 of us) mini urns, so we could all have a piece of her with us, it is what she would have wanted! I set up a resting place for her in my living room. Even getting the urn, it still doesnt feel completely real to me!

I dream of her every night, but last nights dream was the most upsetting. I had a dream she came to visit, and we were all having so much fun, then all of a sudden she said she had to go, I was yelling and standing in the way so she couldnt get her stuff to leave, but she left anyway

Anyway, here are some pictures of her urn and shelf I have in my living room:

this is her obituary:

Here is the link if anyone is interested in reading the whole thing and the guest book entries.
http://www.blackwellfh.com./blackwellfuner...MarieKotter.htm

and here is the poem she wrote to me years and years and years ago!!!

I will post a baby update soon. Please update me on each of you, not sure I can go through every msg, I am way to far behind.

Love you all and thanks so much for being there!
September 16th, 2008, 10:11 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm glad that you checked in. That poem is so sweet, it's nice that she saved everything!
September 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for the update.. im sure this has been a really hard time for you.. But time does heal..

Take your time soaking in all thats happened..

~Em

September 16th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Heather! It's so good to see you, I'm so glad you've come to check in! Thank you for sharing all of that with us, the poem was wonderful! It had me in tears. It sounds like your relationship with your mother was so special and wonderful, that is the most awesome thing. I know that the healing will take time, and we all grieve differently. Please take as much time as you need, and know that we are here waiting for you if you need us and also when you are ready to come back.

Heather!!

Update on me: I'm fine, no worries. You take care of yourself, and your family; don't worry about us, K.

Luv you, Heather!

September 16th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
big big big

September 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Heather,

Thank you so much for checking in with us & for sharing such precious and personal things.
you continue to be in my thoughts.....

wishing you and your family peace during such a difficult time.

September 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heather, thanks for sharing. I know many of us were wondering how you were doing.

Thanks for sharing such personal things with you. The poem was beautiful. I know you will hear this over and over again, but healing takes time. Take care of yourself.
We are here for you.

September 16th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm glad to see an update from you honey! Take all the time you need of course, but we'll always be here for you when you need us.

It's great that you got all the stuff your mother kept for you. That poem brought tears to my eyes. It's great that she took time to do that for all of you.

((and you are almost exactly a month older than me. My birthday is March 21. Random, I know, but I had to share.))

September 16th, 2008, 12:35 PM
*Pamela*
That was the most touching post. We all grieve in our own way and we understand that this is all so fresh. I love the relationship that you had with your mom and that you have so much to cherish in your heart and memories forwever.

You know we care about you and that door is always open for you. It sounds like your mom had a beautiful heart and she has passed that on to you.

God bless hun
September 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heather big Hunny. Take all the time you need, dont feel like you need to come on here to check in if you dont want to. Thank you for sharing those, the poem was beautiful, as is the urn.

If you need anything you know where to find me. Love ya girly.

September 16th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry Heather. Thanks for sharing your Moms poem, it is beautiful. I hope you find some peace in your heart soon.
September 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Heather im glad that you checked in. i know its not a easy time for you right now. but we all care about you here. Take some time off for you and your family. Im sorry to hear about your mothers passing. She seemed like a wonderful person! im glad she was able to go home with all of you children.

Love ya Heather, take it easy...hugs

September 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Big huge

The poem your mom wrote is beautiful and made me cry. I know it is one of the many things you will keep to remember and treasure your memories of your mom.

September 16th, 2008, 08:52 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww Heather the poem was beautiful and so nice that you will always have your mom with you. You have been in my T&Ps!!!
September 17th, 2008, 05:07 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Oh Heather I cant imagine, and Im so sorry, everything is beautful, the urn the poem and your mom..my heart and prayers are with you..May God bring you peace
September 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
I am so deeply sorry for your loss words cannot explain, You are in my thoughts and prayers.

my blog
September 17th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heather~glad you stopped by. You and your family continue to be in my T&Ps.

Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search