Chemical pregnancy

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok so I was just chatting to a so called friend of mine on msn and she said that I am probably not pregnant at all and that it will end up being a chemical pregnancy She said this is because my bfp is darker than it should be at 9dpo

Has anyone had a bfp at 9dpo and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
September 16th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
WHAT sort of logic is that?? It "can't" be healthy because you got your bfp "too early??" From everything that I've heard of a chemical it doesn't matter WHEN you get the bfp. That sounds like a load of junk to me.

But I haven't gotten a bfp that early...ever...so I can't give you that reassurance.

September 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
.adi.
I went searching Kate and found this.. I hope it makes you feel better \

"A false positive pregnancy test is when the test says that you are pregnant but actually you are not. This is a one off case and a positive pregnancy test is a pretty good indication that you are pregnant. False positive pregnancy tests are rare - though there are instances and conditions where they can occur."

and i think with chemical pregnancies is that you get a faint line and it never gets darker, not that oyu get a dark one early. i don't think it matters WHEN and how dark. I agree with brittanie, I think your preggo
September 16th, 2008, 06:19 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your friend is full of it. I'm angry as heck at her right now for saying that to you!

September 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks ladies, I am just terrified of loosing this one as it is, and my stupid so called friend made matters worse

September 16th, 2008, 07:06 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Umm I got my BFP at 8-9 dpo and now I'm 23w with twins! I don't know why your friend would say that to you
September 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Reality is 30-40% (gosh I hope I remember that number right) of pregnancies end in miscarriage. That number is so high because people test early who otherwise would not have known they were pregnant. HPT's are sooo darn good now

BUT a dark line like yours is a good sign not a bad one! The only way to know for sure if this bean sticking is to do a beta HCG. It will give you a better idea of how the pregnancy is going.

I have had at least two chemicals (a couple others I still wonder about) and the line never got as dark as yours....so I say that is a great sign!

You have to think positive and IMO pray hard It worked for me.

Now go drink a case of glue girl

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 16th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks ladies! Wow twins, congrat hun, thats so exciting!

Bobbie I am going to the doctors first thing to DEMAND my beta's doing, i think going on the fact I had an ectopic last time then they should do my bloodwork. If not I have no idea what im gonna do x

September 16th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies. You are pregnant. I had a bfp at 9dpo with Abby. I could have been off by a day or so though, and this time I didn't get a bfp until 12dpo and it was real faint. So you never know. I think that is why they say a line is a line!! You are pregnant...maybe even with twins??

September 16th, 2008, 07:50 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally liked having my betas done. Some people don't want them done because they really do stress you out.(A LOT....LOL) For me it reassured me knowing at least on paper everything looked good.

Those first couple weeks are soooo hard because even with an u/s you can't see anything to know for sure everything is progressing. I think the only advice I have is to turn it over to God if you believe in him...and then try to stay very busy for the next couple weeks so you can try and keep your mind off the what-if's.

I have a really good feeling about this pregnancy for you. That line is soooo pretty for 9dpo. Plus they say babies that implant early tend to be stickier than those that implant late. (Google it for fun )

Sticky to you!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks ladies

Rhonda, its funny you said that because the girls in my regional group said twins too lol.

Bobbie I so know what you mean about beta;s being stressful. With the ecyopic I had them done every 2 days for about 2 weeks prior to having the methotrxate and another week or so after it.

My hcg at around 7 weeks with the ectopic was just 90. I am terrified of having my betas done again incase they are low and slow rising again. But on the other hand, I wan to know if they are at normal levels this time around...kwim?

September 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well maybe we are right! I can't wait to find out.

I am the opposite from Bobbie after my last experience. I don't want the beta's ever again. All they did was stress me out. The dr.'s told me they weren't rising like they should and that I would mc. I really could have done without that stress on top of my stress already. Oh and I am totally against getting an early u/s. I tell everyone to wait until after 7 weeks! I know with Abby I was all for the tests and the u/s because with her things worked out perfectly. This one caused me concerns from the get go!! Maybe for you just getting one beta will be enough for you, especially if it is already in the hundreds!!

September 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That logic doesn't make sense to me. I think having a dark bfp at 9 dpo is a GREAT sign. Research shows that the earlier the baby implants, the higher the chances of a successful pregnancy.

I'm one of those that decided just to get one beta done and I was pretty happy with that decision. I had one good number and then decided to wait on the ultrasound.

September 16th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Your friend is full of it. I'm angry as heck at her right now for saying that to you! [/b]
Me too, I'm STILL mad! Geeze.

I'm glad that the ladies could make you feel better Kate!

September 16th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks ladies, I am feeling a little better now.Now if it wasnt for these cramps I would be in a real good mood ugh! bodies huh

I think I might get one set of betas done.....and if they are a good number then leave it at that and wait on an ultrasound. I guess its only 3 weeks to wait to get one done at 7 weeks.

edited to fix emoticon

September 16th, 2008, 11:02 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
here are mine from this pregnancy

and here are mine from my chemical pregnancy 10 & 11 DPO, didn't test on 12 DPO, but on 13 DPO it was super light (as light as if not lighter then the one on 10 DPO)

I agree that the only way to know how this pregnancy is going is to have betas done and time. I know it sucks. I had my betas done, and they were HCG 108 on 13 DPO and 296 on 15 DPO. I'm feeling so sick, my boobs hurt and I'm tired, but I'm still not believing that I'm really pregnant. I hope my u/s next weeks helps me relax a little.

Hang in there sweety.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search