Freaking out

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't want to sound like a freaked out mom to be, but I am.
For the last couple of days or more I think I have felt the baby move, now I can't tell for sure because I don't know exactly what it feels like. AnywhoÖ.Since yesterday afternoon I havenít felt anything and now Iím scare and freaking out. I know that since I do not know what it feels like that how can I say that I did not feel the baby move? Well a couple of nights I thought that I felt the baby kick. Last night I did not feel anything. Now Iím freaking out. Is it normal not to feel movement all the time this early on?

I also have my big u/s on Monday and Iím scare that they wonít find a h/b. Iím trying to stay positive but itís so hard, I keep thinking that something is going to go wrong. Iím so scareÖ..

September 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Quote:
is your placenta anterior?[/b]

I have no idea, my last u/s was at 6w5d, on monday I will have my second u/s and the big one what are the chances of that?

September 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
There were days when I did not feel Katie either....

is your placenta anterior? that sometimes makes it harder to feel the movements also.
Relax, try not to worry too much.......but call your dr. if it will make you feel better...
maybe they can see you before Monday!

September 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not going to say don't freak out. Listen to your body and if you feel the need to call the dr. or go into the hospital then do it, but I wanted you to know that when I was first starting to feel movements they were sporadic. At 19 weeks your little one is not even a pound yet so s/he had a lot of room to move around and that could be why your not feeling movements. I freaked out and went in a couple times. They hooked me up to the monitor and sure enough she would be moving all around, but I just couldnt feel those. I do have an anterior placenta though, just found out at last u/s. Even still there will be several hours that I won't feel movements and I freak out a little. I try drinking ice cold water and laying down to get her to move and if that doesn't work I try to make myself wait it out and eventually she will give me a little kick to let me know she is ok. I know how stressful it is, but everything is probably ok.

Anterior placenta is fairly common apparently and I have read that it can move later on. Its where the placenta is in front of the baby and is kind of like a little pillow between your belly and the baby. So when s/he punches or kicks its very light and usually takes longer to start feeling the baby all of the time. I keep hoping mine will move so that I wouldn't have to have these worries.

When is the big u/s??

September 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Rhonda. I don't want to tell you not to freak out or be scared because that's pretty normal, but I do want to say that it's very normal for the movement to be sporadic at first. Hey, I only just started to really feel Little Miss frequently 3 days ago. And it's only at certain times during the day. I also have an anterior placenta, and it's exactly as Rhonda said. Drink something cold and sugary, then lay down for awhile and try to relax. See if you notice anything. If you don't, then go ahead and phone your doctor if it will make you feel better, K. You're peace of mind is very important.

Patty!

September 17th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I found out that my placenta is on the front of my uterus which causes me not to feel the baby kick as much as normal. You could ask your doctor it should say in your chart from your ultra sound. Movements would feel like flutters or tiny bumps. I have days where I dont feel Madison move. My doctor said to try and eat or drink something with sugar in it, lay on your left side and do kick counts. You should get at least 4 an hour. I would try that and if you dont get anything then call your doctor they may have you go in for monitoring. I know the feeling of not wanting to freak out but if you are not feeling right call your doctor. Even if everything is ok at least you can put your mind at ease. Best of luck hon

September 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Thank you all for your suggestion, unfortunately I'm at work, so the laying down won't work, eating something with sugar, no problem. I know itís too early for me to feel kicks, so I donít want to rely on that, I been feeling sorts of flutters, so I hope that the baby is good. Iím hesitant to call the doctorís office because they are going to tell me that itís too early to feel anything, Iím still waiting for them to call me back from two days ago about something else.

I guess I should just calm down and be happy with the little flutters that I get once in a while, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search