Baby has dropped

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2008, 09:59 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
So Sunday I started feeling the baby lower, and by last night I could barely walk because of his head pushing down on my pubic bone, its actually hard to straighten up when I walk. I cant walk more than a few feet and I feel him bearing down. Seeing as how I have no cervix I dont think it will be long now.

How long was it for you after the baby dropped? How did it feel when the baby dropped?
September 18th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I can't help you with that question but I just wanted to say how excited I am that you will be holding him in the very near future. Hope someone else can give a better answer though!

September 18th, 2008, 05:05 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I cant help you either !
BUT how exciting is this ???!!!!!!

September 18th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Thanks ladies I am super excited!!! I know 34 weeks is still premature, but to have made it this far is so amazing for me. Thanks for all your support!! I can't believe I am actually going to be a Mama..
September 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
VERY exciting!!!!!!! I hope he bakes for a bit longer but im sure he will be absolutly a-ok if he wants to meet us all a tiny bit early

I know with Gavin, when he dropped it felt like I had a bowling ball in my crotch area as i walked that i was trying to hold between my legs and not drop it. Does that mak any sense?? It sounds just like you have explained it. I think no more than a month after he dropped I had him. He dropped, then I lost my plug, then about 1-2 weeks later he came.

September 18th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Check with your dr. to e SURE he dropped. I thought I dropped but didnt, lol, although my belly is obviously lower and it feels like hes in my butt.

anyway, with Ethan and Kaiden I dropped at 33 wks, but Ethan didnt come til 36 wks and kaiden didnt come til 38 wks. so you still never know!!
September 18th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, the only time I had a baby drop was Cora...and since she was wrapped in her cord it wasn't good.

With Erin I was induced and I was 7cm dilated and she still hadn't dropped.

So short answer is I can't answer your question. My friend Aubrey, though, said that when she delivered her baby Myla, she was in labor within the week of Myla dropping.

Good luck honey! I can't believe you've made it this far! I was so scared for you for a while there. I'm glad that if he comes now, everything should be okay.

September 18th, 2008, 06:41 PM
You guys are amazing

Im pretty sure he has dropped but I will ask my doctor on Monday if he can tell!
September 19th, 2008, 02:43 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm no help either, but this is really exciting! I wonder who will go first - you or Heather?!

I can't wait to see what happens here at PAL over the next week or two!!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
September 20th, 2008, 06:15 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I can't wait to meet him Jen! I'm so excited for you!

September 20th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first didn't drop...I was induced at 38 weeks due to Grade 3 placenta...

But Keegan on the other hand...he dropped at about 30 weeks and at 32 weeks I went into full blown pre-term labor...by the time I got to the hospital I was 80% effaced, 3 cm dilated and contracting every 3 mins...it took a few bags of mag-sulfate to stop the contractions but they were able to hold him until 37.5 weeks...

Those last 5 weeks SUCKED...you could literally feel his head in my pelvic bone...I felt like if I stepped to hard he was just going to fall out...and it was very uncomfortable...

I say when little man is ready to come...he is gonna come...rather if they can stop the labor or not...

Good luck!!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search