I took Linda's (Pounds) advice ...lol

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2008, 05:25 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And I bought more pregnancy tests today

Here is one from the day I found out - 9dpo

And here is one from today - 12 dpo. and with this one I didnt even have to open it up to get a decent pic!

It is a different brand, but I have used them before and know they are accurate. And as you can see the line is definatly darker I havnt included the digi here as it doesnt really help when comparing lines

I have one more test left to do tomorrow and then I will have to buy more

ETA - I dont know why the lines on the second test look dark purlple and the line in the test window is all weird. I think its coz i did it hours ago and its dried up now

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
September 19th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and sending SBV.

Great first HCG result also (siggy). Good luck today with your beta.

September 19th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Thanks hun. I am very scared about todays betas, my stomach is in knots. But they must have risen, or the test wouldnt have been darker, right:

September 19th, 2008, 05:42 AM
*Pamela*
They have definately risen hun. That is one great positive. It looks like the Asda brand. I used the same brand when I got my bfp. Cheap and reliable.

What time do you go to your apt?
September 19th, 2008, 05:46 AM
It was actually the sainsburys brand Well the bottom one is sainsburys, the top one was a tesco test.

I have already had my bloods done hun, I am just waiting for the results now x

September 19th, 2008, 06:01 AM
*Pamela*
Boy that type of test gets around. No matter, they work and that's the important part

I'm anxiously waiting with you to hear the good news!
September 19th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Me too! I have just phoned my doctors office and they dont have the results back from the hospital yet My tummy is doing somersaults (sp?), I just cant relax

September 19th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any results yet?

September 19th, 2008, 08:16 AM
No and I just phoned them At this rate I wont have them until Monday

September 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
*Pamela*
Oh no, stupid hospitals!!! That's the NHS for you. Don't matter, this bean's a sticky one anyway!
September 19th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Well I cant get the results till Monday I really hope you are right Pamela, and yeah, the NHS sucks!

September 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow holy dark line batman!

WOOOHOOOO!

I was once told by someone at the office where I go that if you call the hotline after hours the doc on call can look up your results. Not sure if it works the same there.... but it might be worth a try

I know that number is going to be great though. I am gonna guess and say 68. (It was 20 something two days ago right?)

If it were me... I would be very reassured by that test

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 19th, 2008, 12:33 PM
*Pamela*
Bobbie, if you only knew how bad the NHS can be. Our government runs our insurance and that says it all right there.

The NHS sucks. They are quite ridgid in their care and dictate what drugs are available and to who. If you're overweight, such as in my case, they won't even perform certain surgeries. I think they do their own studies and make their own conclusions just so they can say....it won't work.

Like they supposedly did a study that women who try ivf don't have any better chance of getting pregnant without it. My first thought was...well there's another excuse to not cover a procedure.

We don't even see ob's here unless you have an issue, which I guess in a way is good, but I like my American OBgyn. The worst part is I have to reuse my urine container every visit and I get to take my pee back home with me. I find it gross and unsanitary. Do you know if your mw office is like that Kate? And I wonder how your visits will go. I hardly had any care up to 24 weeks. I'm now on 3 week visits until 34 weeks and then go every other week and then only weekly if I go past 40 weeks.

I do have to say, my mw has always said the door is always open and at least we don't have to talk to a nurse to describe our problems before they decide if we need an apt.

Obviously, I don't really like the NHS
September 19th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Bobbie, if you only knew how bad the NHS can be. Our government runs our insurance and that says it all right there.

The NHS sucks. They are quite ridgid in their care and dictate what drugs are available and to who. If you're overweight, such as in my case, they won't even perform certain surgeries. I think they do their own studies and make their own conclusions just so they can say....it won't work.

Like they supposedly did a study that women who try ivf don't have any better chance of getting pregnant without it. My first thought was...well there's another excuse to not cover a procedure.

We don't even see ob's here unless you have an issue, which I guess in a way is good, but I like my American OBgyn. The worst part is I have to reuse my urine container every visit and I get to take my pee back home with me. I find it gross and unsanitary. Do you know if your mw office is like that Kate? And I wonder how your visits will go. I hardly had any care up to 24 weeks. I'm now on 3 week visits until 34 weeks and then go every other week and then only weekly if I go past 40 weeks.

I do have to say, my mw has always said the door is always open and at least we don't have to talk to a nurse to describe our problems before they decide if we need an apt.

Obviously, I don't really like the NHS[/b]
I am totally with you here! I had a diagnostic laparoscopy a few years back, and I was told I had to lose weight before I could have it because my BMI was too high for surgery.

Hun you should not have to reuse your container every time! That is way gross, I have never heard of that around here where I live I would be complaining to someone very high up about that!

I have a midwife appointment next week but after I see her then I probably wont see her again untill my official booking in appointment at around 12 weeks. The NHS really does SUCK

Hmmmm i am wondering if there is someone I can phone to get my results now

September 19th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh good luck on getting the results! but as long as you test and the test keeps getting darker (same brand) i'd say you're golden. doing that realllly put me at ease, since i didn't do any bloodwork. actually lemme show you what i did LOLOLOLOL i wouldn't worry too much (even though i did anyway!) if your line was so dark today.

and there are a few i took AFTER those that i didn't take pics of cuz that would've been psycho HA. the first test is from 13 dpo.

September 19th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Linda I remember you posting those! I think it was in TTCAL? (I think it was you anyway I have terrible memory ) That is so awesome to see

September 19th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes it was in ttcal, my 300 hpt progression lol. but you see how my test from 7/16 is lighter than 7/15. so don't worry too much about your last hpt. as long as it gets darker in general day by day.

September 19th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are you girls talking about when you say NHS?

September 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Quote:
What are you girls talking about when you say NHS?[/b]
It stands for the National Health Service. Basically, here in the UK the goverment holds our insurance. And it sucks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search