Balled my eyes out on train

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2008, 09:00 AM
*Pamela*
So with my hubby in Germany and me cooped up with the kids, I thought I would take them on the train to the city center. We had a great day out, spent some time in the new mall. The city was a madhouse as expected on a Sat but they had loads of entertainment so just made it more busier.

We had a wondeful lunch as well.

But the train journey home was a nightmare. I normally just push my toddler on the train while he is in his stroller. However, our train was only one car and I hurried and got him out and folded it up. My children grabbed 2 seats and I was across in the open space to store the stroller and I was waiting for the mass of people to get on so I could join my children.

Then the conductor comes to me and tells me we need to clear this space up for some prams that dont' fold up. Ok, where am I supposed to put mine, there were already people at entrance standing with luggage. So I just got so upset and went to move my little stroller out into the entrance and my toddler started getting upset so I just started balling and told them lets get off. I was balling my eyes out that I just wanted to get off the train. I have no where to store my chair and all I wanted to do was to get to my children. By then, they were next to me and we had no seats. I was still balling my eyes out and the lady was still telling me that she needed the space for these prams that didn't fold up. So she did make room for us by the door while I stood there trying not to cry anymore in front of my children. I was even more upset to see the prams and both could have folded up had they bothered to be courteous to take their children out. But no, too lazy. I should have said something. The lady never even asked for our tickets and she made an extra effort to help us off the train.

I am so mad that I had to move for lazy parents even though I had a stroller, am 30 weeks pregnant and traveling with 2 children and my shopping. It should have never happened, they should have been the ones standing at the door. I'm going to send an email to East Midlands Rail, I know nothing will happen but I will feel better complaining to them. I should have opened my mouth on the train but was trying to behave with my children.

Some parents are just too lazy and inconsiderate. ARGGGGHHHHH

Thanks for letting me rant, feel better already!
September 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm glad you had a good day besides the train. I'm sorry they were so rude to you. I would have been furious and cried too. I'm sorry honey! I would def send an email to them and let them know how you felt. That is just horrible. I hope your day goes smoother now that you're home.

September 20th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pam, first off Im glad you feel better. Big but i agree you shouldnt have been the one to move

September 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Why are people so selfish>? So glad that you had a good day other than all this!
September 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM
*Pamela*
Thanks ladies for the support. I talked to my hubby tonight and cried again. I know it's mostly down to hormones and missing hubby but I still feel upset and I mean like a sad upset not anger or anything so I'm not really stressed out.

I just can't wait till next Friday.
September 20th, 2008, 01:12 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, big hon. I would have been upset too.

September 20th, 2008, 02:36 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have been upset too hun xxx

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search