Do you get anxious for pregnant friends/family...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
...when they approach your loss point? My friend Aubrey will be 38 weeks on Sunday. So she'll be at my loss point (38w1d) on Monday, which is even the same day of the week. I have been fairly anxious about baby Savannah this week, and it's getting worse.

I actually told Aubrey that she is not allowed to forget our park date next Monday like she did this last week, or I'll probably flip. She has to be at the park, or go into labor.

*sigh*

This never goes away, does it?

September 20th, 2008, 12:32 PM
*Pamela*
I hate that it never goes away too. I think it's sweet that you are concerned about your friend but hope you can try and relax a bit. I'm sure she will be fine, I just don't want to see you stressed. I know it's not easy.

September 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM
eribabe
Aww Britt, you are so sweet to worry about your friend like that. Since I lost mine in the first trimester, I worry about anyone that's pregnant for the first 3-4 months of their pg and then my worries slow down.

I don't know if the worry will ever go away. I think it's a defense mechanism for our emotions, like we have to expect the worst possible because it happened to us and we were surprised and we can't be surprised like that again. KWIM.

Anyway, to you and ELVs to your friend when it's time!
September 20th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks ladies. My sister's pregnancy proved to me that once I get past next Thursday or so I'll be okay. I was so nervous for my sister around 38 weeks, but once she neared 39, I wasn't actually worried about Marcus, just impatient for him to arrive. So I'm sure that's what will happen with Aubrey and Savannah. I just have to get through Monday. *sigh*

And Erika, I'm sure she'll appreciate the ELVs! Savannah has already dropped, so she's having a really hard time walking already. Any time now!!

September 20th, 2008, 05:18 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you know, I guess I never thought of it that way. All mine and my friends (IRL) losses have been in the 1st trimester so I'm always anxious as they near their loss dates. But all of us know what can happen, and like one of my friends said, we will never again be able to experience a worry-free pregnancy. We will worry over every tiny little detail until the baby arrives.
September 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do that too. I even do that on here with all of you girls. I cringe when I see someones ticker in the 27 weeks range. I freak out until it gets past that mark too and irl too. My cousins gf is pregnant with twins and I am constantly worried that she will know our pain too and with two babies instead of one. I almost can't be around her during that time because I am so scared, but now she is in the 28th week so I feel a little better. So your not the only one!

September 21st, 2008, 10:48 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had any IRL friends get pregnant, and for all my friends on here I just worry they won't make it beyond their angel's loss time frame. Though I guess I did worry some for the girls in my DDC that they wouldn't make it to the 2nd trimester (keeping in mind my loss was at 12w)
September 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM
ChattyAshley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's hard to control the urge to worry... I am such a worrywart! Right now I figure that I worry too much about myself, so if I started worrying about other people I would probably lose my mind!!

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my cute siggy!
September 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Quote:
It's hard to control the urge to worry... I am such a worrywart! Right now I figure that I worry too much about myself, so if I started worrying about other people I would probably lose my mind!! [/b]

LOL! Yeah, I would think so too, but I'm not all that anxious right now honestly. My next one to worry about though, is the only other girl I know irl who has had a loss. At the EXACT same point as me for the EXACT same reason (cord wrapped around the neck twice). The only difference in our situations was hers was a boy. Well, she's pregnant again and 31 weeks now. So, I'll *really* worry about her. I'll worry about me when I get to 30ish weeks.

I'm trying really hard not to think about Aubrey right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search