for moms with other children....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2008, 06:39 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
how are they handling your pregnancy?
are they excited about a new baby?

September 21st, 2008, 07:35 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Erin has no clue...lol. Every time we see a baby, I tell her we're going to have one, but she's still a bit young to comprehend.

September 21st, 2008, 07:38 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's still kinda early, but Branden is excited

He hung out with my sister last night while we went to a wedding (she's due in 6 weeks) and helped her fold baby clothes. He told us that now he knows how to do it so he can do ours!!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

September 21st, 2008, 08:05 AM
*Pamela*
Alexander knows and loves it, can't wait, he is 14 and not really sure what Ethanael understands, he just turned 3. He always pats my tummy and says baby in mummy's tummy and if he sees a pregnant woman or a woman with a tiny baby he yells that there is a baby in mummy's tummy. It's so funny but boy does my face turn red. He loves all the baby things we have got so far too!
September 21st, 2008, 08:18 AM
Super Mommy
we just told the kids on thursday night.....they are so excited. they even look up baby names. they are just too funny.

~Tracy~

September 21st, 2008, 09:13 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I havnt told my 2 yet x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
September 21st, 2008, 11:14 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! Your kids are so cute. That's so cute about Branden folding the baby clothes. And Ethanael yelling that there is a baby in your tummy!

Aww, that will be so fun when I have more than one and have that sibling thing going on.

September 21st, 2008, 01:00 PM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
Daemon doesnt understand either... He might once my belly gets really big and feels/sees it moving lol..

September 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tell Gretchen who will be 3 in just over a month, that there's a baby in mommy's belly and she can't jump on me anymore. And If I ask her where the baby is she kisses my belly, but she doesn't get it yet...She will go on to tell me that there is a baby in her belly too.
September 21st, 2008, 07:16 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Haley is sooooooo excited. She keeps telling me my tummy is growing, so the baby must be getting bigger.

September 22nd, 2008, 01:40 AM
*Pamela*
Ethanael was so funny this morning. Baby was kicking and moving and he was patting my tummy and then took and hand and said I need to plug her in mummy so she can't get out. He put his hand over my belly button!!!!
September 22nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It took layla a while to get it... i knew she was starting to understand when we were watching a baby show and a lady delivered her baby and layla pointed at the baby and said baby and then hugged my belly and said baby...

And now whenever she sees babies she's very attentive to them.. She stares at little babies when we are in stores... and always associates them with my belly...

and lately shes getting it even more! we used to ask her if she wanted a brother or a sister and shed just say baby.. but now she always always says girl...

And just saturday we were at a festival and sitting at a picnic table eating lunch and she leaned over and hugged my belly and said "I love you baby" with no prompting at all!!! i almost cried right there!

and one more thing that really lets me know she's getting it more is whenever ppl ask her if shes excited about having a baby soon she actually nods her head and smiles... She used to just stare at them like "i already have baby dolls you dummy"

needless to say! 2 is too young to get it.. 2 1/2.. she gets it! im SO SO excited about having this baby now for her sake!!! i think we will have our ups and downs.. but i think mostly she is going to adore her brother or sister...

~Em

~Em

September 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's too cute, how everyone's kiddos are handling things! Sid is doing the same kinds of things. He talks about his "little sister" all the time, he's over the moon about it being a girl because "she won't want to play with his boy toys." If we see something pink, he says that would be good for his little sister. If he's eating something and I ask for a bite, he says that he's sharing not only with me, but with his little sister already. If I say I'm hungry, he says that means his little sister is too. He's taken to rubbing my belly, and resting his head there when he hugs me. He's being so absolutely wonderful about the pregnancy! He's going to make such a fabulous big brother!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search