Update on me

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2008, 06:53 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm so sorry for keeping you all waiting. It was a crazy day.

First all, the appt went great. Dh worked the weeked so he was off to go with me. I was gonna see if they would do an u/s so we could find out for sure what it is since dh was there. So the dr comes in and says "hey, your almost 20 weeks let's go do a scan" Woohoo! Well, he is still a he He was bouncing all around in there. His lil "weewee" was laying to the side of his leg, but we could see it and the other boy parts He was playing with his feet. We got a cute shot of his foot. We say his arms, fingers, heart (hb was 167), brain, etc. He is perfect I was measuring 20w1d (thought I was 19w3d) She's not gonna change the dd though because I'll have a c-section 2 weeks before anyway. Dh was just amazed at the u/s. Haley just kept holding the pics. When we got home, she put them on the fridge with her magnets She was so cute and happy. I go back in 5 weeks for the glucose screening test.

Next we went to our cabin to check it out. We have 17 trees down. We also have 2 holes in the roof. That leaked into the bedroom ceiling. Our sheetrock and insulation were soaked on the ceiling and down the whole back wall. The floor and carpet were wet and my bed was soaked. Urgh! Needless to say, we had to get all that out of there. I called the insurance and they will call me to set up an appt with the claims adjuster soon. We spent our day there doing all that. Then we got home and I was exhausted, so I didn't get on JM. I'm so sorry for making any of you worry. Love to all.

September 23rd, 2008, 06:55 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!!! for a wonderful appt!!!

Totally sucks about your cabin, how far away from home is it?

September 23rd, 2008, 07:27 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
hey there girlie !!

it sounds like you had a wonderful appointment!!! it was nice to have DH able to go too !!
I am so sorry to hear about the damages to your cabin!

September 23rd, 2008, 07:52 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a wonderful appointment! It sounds like everything went perfect and still a boy!!!!! I'm glad that dh was able to go with you, it makes it so much real for them.
I'm sorry to hear about the Cabin, hope that everything goes well with the insurance.

September 23rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yay for a healthy baby boy!! Woohoo!! Sorry about the cabin though. I hope the insurance comes through with enough for you to fix it!

September 23rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe sweety im so glad the doc apt went so well!! Hooray for DH and Haley!!!! Im sorry about your cabin though. that way sucks.

September 23rd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK! Now that I can recover from my worrysome panic attack! j/k but for real you had us freaked out woman!!

I'm so glad DH and Haley got to go with you to your appt and see the little man...thats always been the way my DH has been able to "bond" with the baby before they get here...

And sorry about the cabin where was it located?? (my family got pretty tore up from Ike too...the live in the Orange/Bridge City area)...

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
September 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a wonderful appt!!! I am so glad you got to see your lil man again

and I am so sorry to hear about the cabin what a huge bummer!!!! I hope insurance covers it and it gets fixed soon!
September 23rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad your appointment went well, Michelle!!! Yay, for dh and Haley being able to see baby too!! Congrats on your little man!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose we'll forgive you for taking so long to update us. You have plenty on your plate w/ the after-effects of Ike. So sorry about the damage done to the cabin, hopefully your insurance will cover the majority if not all of it! Doesn't help w/ having to do the work to fix it though.

September 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
YAY!! for a great appointment! im so happy for you. Im glad that you and the family were able to see your little man! Im still glad hes a little boy!

Ive been missing ya...im just glad that you are all ok...

September 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Thanks ladies! I'm really sorry I worried you all.

Anne, the cabin is about 45 minutes from our house. It's just a little 1br/1bath cabin on an acre. Dh family has had it since he was about 2 yrs old. We built the cabin 4 years ago. We go there alot. We love it. It's in the country and really quiet.

Danielle, the cabin is close about 30 miles from Beaumont in Rye, TX.

September 23rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Doncha just love great scan..honey I am so happy everything is going great..sorry about the cabin, I know that insurance is so frustrating to deal with..hope it wont be to much of a mess..Thanks for the update, we all all understand tired
September 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
*Pamela*
I'm so glad you had a great apt, can't get enough of seeing them. That is so sweet and cute of Haley, she is going to be a great big sister.

Sorry about your cabin and hope it get sorted quickly.
September 23rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you got to see your boy and that he is indeed a boy!

I hope everything gets work out with the insurance on your cabin. Cleanup can be a big mess!

September 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn
I'm so glad to hear your appt went so well.

Hopefully, your cabin will be back up to snuff in no time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search