U/S today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my doctor had me come in today for an early u/s just to check things out. I am 6w3d today and I was really hoping to be able to see a nice, clear hb. Well, the doctor measured the fetal sac and said that looked great and he could also see a yoke sac. Then if he cought it just right, you could see a teeny, teeny, tiny flutter in the bottom of the sac, but not enough to be definitive. He said it looked like about 5 1/2 weeks (I KNOW I am not...that would have meant that I got a DARK BFP at 9 days...plus, I was using OPKs).

Anyways, I am scheduled to go back in 1 week to check again. I am more worried now than I was before. I was really hoping to see something definite today. Anyone have any similar stories they can relate to let me know this may be okay?? He said there is no reason to be worried, that what he could see looked good, but I can't help it!!!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

September 24th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Melanie, I'm sorry that you did not get to see the h/b today, maybe it was just a bit too early, I bet you next week you will be able to see a beautiful h/b. If the doctor say that everything look good, then everything is going ok.
Remeber that some people get to see a h/b at 6w while other can't see it until 7w, it does not mean that anything is wrong. The week will go by so fast, you'll see...

September 24th, 2008, 11:04 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry. I think he probably actually saw the hb but couldn't comfirm it without a number. The baby is soooo tiny at this stage it's a miracle they can even see what they can.

When I went into the ER at about 6w5d they wouldn't confirm the hb at first either. About 10 minutes later she could actually get a reading and then said for sure it was there. She kept at it because she knew I was an emotional mess

I think that baby is just fine in there! And don't trust their measurements yet. A LOT of it can be human error. The difference in a mm or two can make things look worse than they are. It all depends on the u/s tech

Grow Baby Grow!!!!!

Sticky can't wait to hear all about the next u/s

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 24th, 2008, 11:09 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Oh Melanie. Don't give up hope. I've heard this happen a lot it seems. I'm sure next week you will see the beautiful hb. I'll be praying for you and your bean. Grow, baby, grow.

September 24th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you didn't get to see the hb for sure, but I bet in two days it will be very clear. I had problems with this in the beginning with this pregnancy, so frustrating. Anyways I just wanted to let you know that it could just be too early. I found out that a tilted uterus or an anterior placenta can both be causes for not seeing the hb earlier on. Oh and with Abby I had a clear bfp on 9dpo so anything is possible. I found out with this baby that I must have O'd about a day later than I originally thought even with using opk's and she took a couple extra days to implant than Abby did. And really this early in the game one or two days difference can make a huge deal. I bet you will see that beautiful hb next week!! This will feel like the longest week of your life though I am sure. Hang in there, we are here for you!

September 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mel, sweety, the other girls have said it perfectly. Im sure its nothing to worry about, i agree that they did see it but couldnt confirm it w/o a number. Grow little one!!!

September 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Try and keep positive. Implantation may have been later which cause the baby to measure a little behind.

September 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's great that the measurements are right on and that he saw any flutter!

I agree that for you/your baby it's just too early. Everyone can be a little different and a few days can make a huge difference.
September 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
*Pamela*
I agree, try not to worry too much, I know it's a difficult time and we have all gone through it.

To me, those measurements arent' exact. I bet if another tech came in and measured your baby, you would get a completely different measurement. It's all down to where they start and end. I say this because for my big u/s our baby measured very small int he tummy circum. 10 percentile and then I had to go back the next week becuase baby didn't cooperate fully. I got a different tech and she put the same measurment in the 95 percentile. That is a huge difference and it's just down to each doctor or tech in how they measure the baby.

would be nice if the machine could automatically zoom in and measure then it would be the same all the time and maybe more reliable.

The best part is now you get to see your baby again!!!! Will be thinking of you and baby
September 24th, 2008, 01:02 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Ditto what all the other girls have said, I agree that it is just so early, and although in the postion you are in I know it is hard, you have to think postive and have faith. Im sure everything is going wonderful in there
!
September 24th, 2008, 01:02 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh honey, I'm sorry it wasn't more definitive and you weren't able to see it. I think the same as Bobbie, in that it was probably too small to get an accurate number.

Also, even if you were using OPK's, they are not an exact science, right? If I recall correctly, you and I had some trouble with our bodies gearing up and then waiting like 2-3 days before giving us a temp surge. Also, those early ultrasounds can be WAY off. My RE said as much as 4-5 days in the early ultrasounds.

Keep your head up sweetie, and don't lose hope. We are rooting for you and you are definitely in my T&P's.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
September 24th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I just want to add more to what everyone else said. I have nothing more, just hopes and prayers for your baby and your sanity.

September 24th, 2008, 02:27 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hang in there sweetie!!! even seeing a flutter right now is a great sign!!

even if you KNOW when you O'd . . . implantation can take 5 - 12 days to occur, so maybe your LO just implanted a bit later.
September 24th, 2008, 03:13 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies...it's still early Mel. That baby isn't going anywhere!

and LOTS of

September 24th, 2008, 03:36 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn

I had an u/s at 6 weeks 4 days and they couldn't see anything but the yolk sac and fetal pole, not even a flutter!
Since then, I have seen and heard the heartbeat, so all is well!

I agree that the measurements should be taken with a grain of salt. The u/s tech tried to move my due date up by 10 days and then I told my midwife that I had conception pinned to a 4 day window. She said that measurements this early are really hard to pinpoint - so don't worry hon!!!!

(((Hugs)))

September 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just love you ladies You all know exactly what to say to make me feel sooooooo much better!

As far as a couple points you made...the doctor was definitely in a hurry and maybe didn't spend enough time really looking. He had to rush to the hospital and do a csection, and the nurse had even come in while we were waiting and said he might not even be able to see us . So, maybe that was part of the problem.

Also, you are all right as far as actually Oing and implanting being off by a few days. I was not temping this month because I didn't really think there was a point. There definitely could be some variation there as well!

So, this all means, you are all so right!! I have been thinking all day and have decided that in the words of our beloved Danica, for today I am pregnant and I will appreciate and enjoy it! If something happens which changes that, I will deal with that then.

Thanks so much for being there for me ladies! I look forward to sharing my good update next week!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search