For those who don't have a name picked!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2008, 04:37 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On babynames.com they now have a listing of all the names in the Twilight book series!

I'm going through the list and writing the ones I love down! You'd be surprised to see how many of OUR names are used in the books!

I'll be adding them to my baby name list, and then I'll add it to my siggy!

Just thought I'd let you know!

September 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cool, im gonna check it out. Thanks for sharing

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
September 25th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's hilarious!!! The sad part is, two of my name choices are prominent in the books; but that's not why I liked them!! However if I use them, I'm afraid they'll be associated w/ the stupid Twilight series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the books, thought they were GREAT; but that's not why I want to use the names for my kiddo.

September 25th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
The only name I'd seriously consider using from that series is Carlisle. I'm a huge fan of old-fashioned names. But DH thinks it's too "pansy" a name.

September 25th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really liked Corin for a boy name...(we are sticking with Kennedy for a girl)...but DH thinks it sounds to girly because his little sisters middle name is Corinna...

Dang it...

Which names were you wanting to use? Depending on which ones they may be pretty popular without the help of Twilight...

And Britt I LOVE Carlisle...but we can't use that one either because we have friends with that as their last name...

Dang it again...

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
September 25th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I added these names to my list:

Emmett
Embry
Quinton
Felix
Tyler

September 25th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Which names were you wanting to use? Depending on which ones they may be pretty popular without the help of Twilight... [/b]

Well, Isabella has been my BIG front-runner for ages. But we'd call her Ella; I used to teach swim lessons at a local YMCA. My favorites were the "Mommy and Me" classes! Well, I had an Ella, and just loved the name, but I decided that I'd want to use Isabella so she could have more name choices later in life than just Ella. Mine is Jennifer, and I was Jenny during my childhood; but quite using that when I would meet new people as I got older. I go by Jen or Jennifer, and I HATE Jenny as it makes me feel like I'm still 12.

The second name is Esmee. Not taken from the book though, I was going through a name book and came across it. It's French and means "much beloved" which I've joked periodically about how very much this little one was wanted and the legnths that I've gone to and through to get her. So she is DEFINITELY "much beloved!"

So those were my choices.

September 25th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I still think Isabella is perfect for your baby, Jen!

September 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Quote:
And Britt I LOVE Carlisle...but we can't use that one either because we have friends with that as their last name...

Dang it again...

[/b]

That too. Some of DH's cousins' last name is Carlile (they dropped the s). That was the first reason he said against it.

September 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Isabella was definately pretty popular prior to Twilight making it big....Esmee on the other hand...I think anytime anyone hears that name they will think of the books...

Either way I think both would be beautiful...and who cares if she is named after Twilight...by the time our kids are grown those books are going to be classics (as is Harry Potter )

September 25th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Am I the only one here who isn't all that impressed with the Twilight series? I mean, I read them all, but I'm glad I didn't buy any of them.

September 25th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I haven't read them, so I can't comment. I'm so interested in buying the books though! Maybe I'll ask my mommy to get me them for Christmas!

September 25th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think you def have to enjoy YA urban fantasy to truly enjoy the books...Stephenie Meyer just has a talent of sucking you in and making you want to know more...even now that the final book has been written I want more of the story...

I was pretty heartbroken when she announced she was putting Midnight Sun on indefinite hold the first 12 chapters were awesome and to read them and compare to Twilight it really helped me understand Edward alot more...

Another great series is the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare...City of Bones and City of Ashes...City of Glass will be out in March '09...they are teenage *shadowhunters* (demon hunters) that grow up in New York...it has vampires and werewolves and what not and it has a much deeper storyline...(its also written in 3rd person POV so you get an idea of what all the diff characters are like)...

Wow...SORRY for taking over your topic Jess! Once I get on my bookwork shpeel I can't stop!!!

September 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Quote:
I think you def have to enjoy YA urban fantasy to truly enjoy the books...Stephenie Meyer just has a talent of sucking you in and making you want to know more...even now that the final book has been written I want more of the story...

I was pretty heartbroken when she announced she was putting Midnight Sun on indefinite hold the first 12 chapters were awesome and to read them and compare to Twilight it really helped me understand Edward alot more...

Another great series is the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare...City of Bones and City of Ashes...City of Glass will be out in March '09...they are teenage *shadowhunters* (demon hunters) that grow up in New York...it has vampires and werewolves and what not and it has a much deeper storyline...(its also written in 3rd person POV so you get an idea of what all the diff characters are like)...

Wow...SORRY for taking over your topic Jess! Once I get on my bookwork shpeel I can't stop!!! [/b]
Oh I do! Don't get me wrong. I just don't think that the twilight books were that well written. Yes, they sucked me in. Why? Because I liked Jacob, and had to find out what was happening with him. Bella just annoyed the crap out of me. I spent all my time reading that series wondering why I was reading it. I think the only emotional reaction from her I accepted as "real" was in the last book, when she wouldn't let Edward and Carlisle "fix" her problem (not getting any more specific than that for Jess's sake). But then, I still sort of detest her. I'll end here....if you want to read my critique/rant of the series after finishing Breaking Dawn, you can read my blog entry (here)

Okay, I'm done. (((I just have to add, that I loved Stephenie Meyer's other book "The Host." It's labelled for adults, rather than YA, and I think she "tried harder" in the writing. I'm just disappointed she didn't give that much attention to Twilight)))

September 25th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Stop talking about the darn books! I wanna read them and you're giving me too much!

September 25th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Sorry! Do you have a library nearby? That's now I read them all, I checked them out from the library.

September 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I think there's one nearby...I'm not sure though!

September 25th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW, I must be the only that have never heard of this.............

September 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM

September 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Quote:
WOW, I must be the only that have never heard of this............. [/b]

There's even a movie coming out in November. LOL! I'm really not liking who they cast to play the male lead though.

Man am I being negative in this thread or what? =

Pat, here's the wikipedia article on the series for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_(book)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search