Need some prayers

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, I could use some thoughts and prayers right now. I got my thyroid checked the day I got my BFP and it was normal (Tsh 1.9). My acupuncturist suggested I get it checked again and since I work for a lab, I had them run tonight.

My Tsh is very low (0.126) but my Free T4 is normal (1.47) and my T4 is slightly high (11.0). I am not sure which of these values matters the most but I am very nervous. I'm so scared that this could cause a miscarriage. It looks like I could possibly be hyperthryoid but I'm not sure.

I'm calling my RE's nurse tomorrow and leaving a message about this and hopefully they get back to me quickly.
I don't even know if she is the one I'm supposed to call since she told me to make an appointment with my OB. But I haven't even seen my OB yet so I figure my RE should be the one to call.

I'm just really scared right now.

September 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tons and tons of prayers coming your way Shannon!

KUP hun!!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

September 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Shannon,

sending my thoughts and prayers to you !
Please keep us posted when you can !

September 24th, 2008, 08:33 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
T&Ps coming your way hun
September 24th, 2008, 11:21 PM
*Pamela*
Shannon, you and baby are in my prayers. Did they say it was high. I'm sorry I don't know anything about it but tried to do some reading but not sure about what I found. I'll paste the chart below but it shows your numbers all within the normal range. I think you are safe on this. I know every little thing makes us worry, it's so stinkin hard to relax and enjoy the blessings of pregnancy.

Here is the info I found, let us know what your doctor says.

The following reference ranges represent commonly used thyroid function reference ranges. However, ranges and units of measurement may vary from one laboratory to another. Patient results must be compared to the reference range of the appropriate testing facility.

Adult Reference Ranges:

T4 = 5.6-13.7 ug/dl (mcg/dl)

FT4 = 0.8-1.5 ng/dl

T3= 87-180 ng/dl

FT3 = 230-420 pg/d;

TSH = 0.4-4.5 mIU/L (mU/L)

Copyright, Elaine A. Moore, July, 2000.
September 25th, 2008, 06:34 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Many prayers for you sweety, KUP..HUGS
September 25th, 2008, 06:59 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your levels turn out to be normal! KUP!!

September 25th, 2008, 07:07 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm praying that all is well. KUP

September 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I called both my RE and OB's offices and Dh is faxing my results to them. But this morning is surgery day for both doctors so I won't hear anything until this afternoon.

I'm a little less panicky but just nervous that I've already hurt the baby.

I'm guessing they might order more bloodwork and then we can go from there to figure out if I need meds. It just sucks because I want to know RIGHT NOW what I need to do.

Some websites say the Tsh matters a lot but others say it only matters what your FreeT4 is. If the latter is the case, that's excellent, because mine is normal.

I'm pissed off at my body, my thyroid levels have always been normal. I get pregnant and they decide to get all messed up.

September 25th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know much about thyroids, so I'm no help here. I do know that level go up and down, my mom had some problem with her thyroid, her level were too high and then they went back to normal. I hope you get some answers this afternoon, I'll be thinking about you. Keep us posted. I'll keep you and your little bean in t&p.

September 25th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Ugh, honey, I'm saying a prayer for your bean! >_< My thyroid levels were all out of whack for almost 2 years before I got pregnant with Cora....and then they were suddenly normal, and have been since. So I can't pretend to understand thyroid and pregnancy.

But I hope that the doctors get back to you quickly!

September 25th, 2008, 09:29 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're in my thoughts and prayers Shannon!

September 25th, 2008, 09:54 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hope the doctor's get back to soonand that all is well!
September 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Heard back from my RE (via her nurse) she said I am released to my OB so to follow up with her. But she said it is not something she would be concerned about and that she would repeat bloodwork in 1 month.

I'm waiting to hear back from my OB and see what she thinks. It sounds like it is nothing horribly urgent and I do have appointment next Thursday if nothing else.

September 25th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have any information for you, Shannon; but I was hoping that you'd hear back soon and things would be OK! I'm so very glad to see your update!!!!!!

September 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your RE does not seem to worry about it, I hope you hear from your OB pretty soon.

September 25th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, it's a fantastic sign. Trust me! I have hypothyroid and it's suppose to get screwed up with pg. For all of my healthy pgs, I've had to change my synthroid dosages. For both m/cs, it was normal. It was the first sign that something was wrong though I ignored it.

I usually have them check my thyroid:
week 6-7
week 12
week 18
week 28
week 36 (or deliver)
2 weeks past delivery
6 weeks past delivery

Relax though honestly push the OB. I would suspect they should lower your dosage. An untreated thyroid can lead to pre-eclampsia later in pg.

September 25th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Relax though honestly push the OB. I would suspect they should lower your dosage. An untreated thyroid can lead to pre-eclampsia later in pg.[/b]
I've never taken any thyroid medication, it's always been normal up until now! I'm still waiting on my OB, I may call around 3:30 - 4:00 if they haven't called me by then.

I will definitely be checking my levels throughout the pregnancy now. Even if my doctor doesn't order then, it's easy for me since I work in a lab to just get someone to draw my blood and run it for me. One of the few job perks.

September 25th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I will definitely be checking my levels throughout the pregnancy now.[/b]
I didn't have thyroid issues until I got pg with my first. It's one of the most overlooked tests that OBs don't do. I honestly don't know why since it's cheap and they take enough blood out of you anyway!

September 25th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I spoke with my OB's nurse, my OB said my levels are normal. She said pregnancy can change the thyroid hormones and she wasn't concerned about those numbers.

I also spoke with my acupuncturist and she said it sounded okay to her as well. She just said keep an eye on it, keep checking the levels every 4-6 weeks.

So I guess 3 professionals can't be wrong, my RE, OB and acupuncturist seem okay with my levels so I guess I overreacted. I'm feeling lots better. Thank you ladies for all the prayers, I am just kind of a nervous wreck about stuff like this. I just don't think I could handle losing another baby so this stuff gets to me.

I'm going to ask more questions when I see my OB next week. I'll probably push and see if I can get her to order a Free T3 just to make sure that is okay as well. I got the impression that they weren't that concerned since my Free T4 level looks okay.

Oh and what's funny is that my nurse at the OB's office just realized I was pregnant! I thought she knew and that my chart from my RE had been sent over. But she didn't realize till she called me back and she was really happy for me. It makes me feel so great, the receptionist there and now the nurse were both excited for me because they remember me from last year from my miscarriage. I know my OB is going to be happy for me as well...I can't wait until my appointment next week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search