PAL grads

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2008, 08:03 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Did you buy a lot of newborn diapers? I want to start buying a few boxes of the Pamper Swaddlers, I love them. But I'm not sure if I should by a lot of newborn or size 1s. Any suggestions are great. Thanks ladies.

September 25th, 2008, 08:07 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Scott was in them for about 3 weeks. He was 6lb 3oz at birth but gained weight fast. I would say maybe buy one box then just buy a pack or two later on if you need them.

September 25th, 2008, 08:17 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thea was 6 lbs 4 oz at birth, and wore NB size (Pampers Swaddlers) til almost 6 weeks- well she actually wore preemie for a couple of weeks. at 6 weeks the NBs were starting to get tight around the legs. she is now in size 1.
i had a lot more size 1s from my baby shower so i had to go out and buy more NBs a couple of times.
September 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
You know, I was thinking about this the other day. I can't remember how long Erin was in NBs. For a while it seemed. She was so jaundiced that she had a hard time eating (she slept too much) and so gained weight pretty slowly. We went through 1s in a blink though.

I wish I'd written it down! GAH!

September 25th, 2008, 10:27 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Katie was out of nb's quick........she went right to size 1....now we are in size 2....

I did notice though, Pampers swaddlers have a little more wiggle room than the other brands.
Honestly, I wouldnt get too many NB's.....
Brittanie told me not to stock up when I asked about diapers, and I am SO glad I listened !!

September 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Brittanie told me not to stock up when I asked about diapers, and I am SO glad I listened !![/b]
Did I? I'm glad you thought it was good advice!

September 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Invest more in size 1s than newborns. Size 1s are for 8 lbs to 14 lbs. Ellie is still in newborns but she has had a significant weight loss...With Sophie I didn't even buy newborns. She went straight into size 1s.
September 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got tons of diapers at our showers when Benjamin was a month or two old and a lot of times ppl had bought smaller diapers thinking his shower would be before he was born so we just took them all to Walmart and exchanged them for the sizes we needed. That is the good thing about Walmart. I wouldn't worry about buying too many since you can exchange them for the next size up. I wouldn't buy more then two packs of NB though. It's rare that a baby stays in them that long unless they are very petite like Miss Thea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search