Kinda freaked out

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2008, 12:39 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope this doesnt make me sound horrible, but I am kinda freaked out and scared by the amount of losses the May DDC is having. My heart goes out to all the ladies who have lost their beans, but I am terrified it will be my turn to post saying goodbye next time

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
September 26th, 2008, 03:22 AM
*Pamela*
It is so difficult to see but we are not in control of carrying our babies full term or not. We have to go on each day praying that we will hold a healthy baby at the end. The futures of these babies are already planned out and we need to just take comfort in knowing that no matter what all the babies are loved.

I think many of us, myself included feel that it will happen again or we will jinx oursleves in some way and tend to avoid those topics.

You will get stronger as you reach each milestone and it will be easier to offer support
September 26th, 2008, 12:22 PM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
oh honey im petrified aswell!! i havent noticed the amount of mcs there but i think our ddc is doing pretty well for now.. just keep praying for everyone and i will do the same for you! lets have some sticky beans, ok? chin up!

September 26th, 2008, 02:18 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
No it does not make you sound horrible....

my DDC had a lot of losses as well.....for awhile I did not even post there....I got freaked out too and needed to stay in my comfort zone.....here & at the time TTCAL

September 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Honestly, I think all DDCs have a lot of miscarriages, simply because they're fairly common and there are a LOT of women in each DDC. By statistics it's bound to happen that way. It *is* kind of scary though. That's one of the reasons why I'm glad I joined my DDC late. I only caught a couple of them.

September 26th, 2008, 02:31 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's very sad, but they happen. We know that they happen, because they have happened to us. It happens a lot at the beginning. It will get better, I feel bad, because I stopped looking at them, unless I "knew" the person. Stay strong, your numbers are looking Great. And those goodbye posts will stop soon enough.
September 26th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You are not alone. I felt the same way in the very beginning. And somehow I kept visiting and there would be less and less posts like that. We know that pain all too well and sometimes it just brings up the raw emotions of our own loss. In the beginning there are always quite a few of those because people are testing much earlier than they used to and so chemical pregnancies are very common. You have to focus on your sticky bean though!! HUGS!!

September 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Hi princesskate-
I am right now waiting to M/C.... And it SUCKS!

You have no signs??? Right?? SO, Enjoy it.... You are going to be just fine.... eat healthy and be happy..... ENJOY THE PREGNANCY.... I will say a prayer for you... Good Luck...

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
September 26th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think it's normal. my ddc had a lot of m/c in the beginning too, and they tapered off, but so many pg end in m/c that it's bound to happen a bunch in a ddc. of course it's scary, i was scared too.

September 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is scary and there have been a few days that it has really gotten to me. I just try to remind myself that just because it happens to someone else, does not mean it will happen to me again too. Of course, I wish no one had to go through it.

I'll let you in on what I'm doing and in some ways it helps me, I'm keeping a list of everyone in the May DDC who has lost their baby. I'd like to create a sticky to honor those babies a little later when the losses are not so frequent and everyone is not so worried about it.

If you need to take a break from all of it, then allow yourself to do that.

(hugs)

September 27th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks ladies, in a way I am glad I am not on my own with how I feel. Frankie I am so so sorry I feel terrible for posting this now.

September 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Generally Crispy
I know exactly what you mean. It seemed like so many members left in a two week time period, an unusually high number. It was saddening to see so many go. I pray that I wont be the next everytime I see another member leave.
September 28th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. It seemed like so many members left in a two week time period, an unusually high number. It was saddening to see so many go. I pray that I wont be the next everytime I see another member leave.[/b]
Yeah, there was alot, and it was upsetting and also very scary too. I too hope no1 else leaves xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search