Anyone have a healthy baby after 3 recurrent m/cs

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
just curious, I have friends and family offering to be a surrogate for us. I just had the d/c last week so I don't know much at this point. We did have our chromosomes tested last time and there isn't anything abnormal about them. So I'm left here wondering if I have the antibodies that attack the baby. I read that they take the husbands white blood cell and inject them into the mother as if it were a vaccination. Though it doesn't have in depth studies so I don't know if that actually works. I am RH- and got the shot with each m/c. I want to try at least one more time before having someone else carry our baby. Not to mention how much this could cost. I doubt our insurance would cover surrogate pregnancy and delivery. I want to have the baby, the bond, the glee, and woes of pregnancy. I know my friends and family are offering out of love but it kind of hurts my feelings they have given up on me so quickly.
December 31st, 2005, 08:20 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, I didn't know you were RH- too! I found out while I was actively m/c that this might be an issue. I got the Rhogam shot and am hoping I didn't form the antibodies against RH+ blood. My OB seems to think I'm fine but the ER dr said that the shot should have been given to me the day I started spotting (a week prior to the m/c) and if that is so, then I do have the antibodies. You can get checked for this by a simple blood test. If you happen to have the antibodies then you are more likely to m/c. That isn't to say that you can't carry a baby at all, just that there is a higher risk.

Keep trying! I just spoke w/ a lady that had 7 m/c and 3 children. Don't give up!

December 31st, 2005, 05:29 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL had 4 mc's before she had her first daughter- she now has 2 beautiful girls! I know that 1 of her mc's was a blighted ovum, but the other 3 were babies that stopped growing. She was tested for genetic abnormalities and it all came back fine. Her husband was tested after the 2nd mc and they found that his sperm had some kind of protein covering all over them, but that was fixed with an antiobiotic. They were thinking that by the time his sperm penetrated the egg, they were already weak and this may have been the cause for her 1st and 2nd mc. But once he was cured of that, they had 2 more mc's without a reason. I know that with both of her pg's that she went full term with she gave herself shots in the upper thigh every day for the full 9 months! Her dr. said she probably didnt need to do this with the second child, but just as a caution she did it.
So after 5 years of ttc, they now have a 3 year old and a 9 month old and I know they want more.
Is that the kind of success story you were looking for?

Oh, and I too am RH negative and I worry all the time that I didnt get my Rhogram shot soon enough. With my mc, I had a D&C and got the shot right then (but I was told you had 3 days to get it after a mc)... but I did start spotting like 2 weeks before that, which my dr at the time said was normal and it was "old blood" since it was brown, not red. I wonder if I shouldve be given that shot within 3 days of spotting and not when the actual mc was confirmed. I hate being Rh Negative, it just adds more worry to an already stressful situation.

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
January 1st, 2006, 03:13 AM
Regular
Hi girls.... I am Rh - also.. o- .... I had the rogam like a few hours after the D Nc...Hope Im ok too.
January 1st, 2006, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wonder how the Rh- thing works b/c I think I had my first m/c not realizing it was a m/c about 7 years ago. I passed a huge blood clot that looked like tissue to me. Yes I looked at it. I was in the worst pain ever that even hard core muscle relaxers and pain meds didn't help. I had them from a recent car accident. I wonder since I didn't get the shot then if this why I'm having problems now? I have had the shot with the last 3 m/c. Guess I will look into it.

BTW...thanks for your stories. Always helps to hear success stories.
January 1st, 2006, 04:50 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definately look into it- I thought the same thing about a period that was late for me 2 years ago. I didnt think anything at the time because we werent ttc, but looking back I wonder if that was a mc and now I have that antibody. I want to get tested for it too. If this pg ends in a mc thats one of the things I want to know.

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
January 2nd, 2006, 10:28 AM
Veteran
One of my friends had 5 m/c's in a row before finally giving birth to her son. Since then, she's had 2 other healthy children. She almost gave up trying after the 5th loss, but she said that God had other plans for her and she got pg within 2 months of her last loss.

I'm also RH- and was told after my last loss that you should get the Rhogam shot within 72hrs of when you start bleeding red blood. I almost didn't get it in time, because I was in Japan and very far away from an American Dr. If you are concerned, ask your Dr about an RH sensitivity test. I believe that if you are RH sensitized, there is something they can give you to help.
<span style="color:#009900">~i~ 7/02, ~i~ 7/05

January 3rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had three early m/c's before I got pregnant with my daughter. We don't know why we lost our first babies...and I have to say the doctors didn't seem all that interested in finding out. I wish I had pushed harder the 3rd time but I was just young and scared I guess. Beth was a normal and healthy pregnancy till about 6 1/2 months. Then I started having some contractions and stuff and she ended up being born at 31 weeks. Once again..we have no idea why. It was b/c of PROM (premature rupture of membranes) - that's all we know. She is very healthy though and we are juth thrilled with her. I'm 14 weeks pregnant now and head a threatened m/c about a month ago. Everything seems great now though and I am feeling pretty confident now that I am in the 2nd Trimester. All of my m/c's were very early on - like 5-7 weeks
January 6th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good news. So I talked to my doc about the Rh-. He said that he had already tested for me being sensitized and I'm not so that wasn't a factor.
January 8th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that is great news! Take care!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 9th, 2006, 03:12 PM
MommyStacey2012's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MommyStacey2012 Send a message via MSN to MommyStacey2012 Send a message via Yahoo to MommyStacey2012
Quote:
just curious, I have friends and family offering to be a surrogate for us. I just had the d/c last week so I don't know much at this point. We did have our chromosomes tested last time and there isn't anything abnormal about them. So I'm left here wondering if I have the antibodies that attack the baby. I read that they take the husbands white blood cell and inject them into the mother as if it were a vaccination. Though it doesn't have in depth studies so I don't know if that actually works. I am RH- and got the shot with each m/c. I want to try at least one more time before having someone else carry our baby. Not to mention how much this could cost. I doubt our insurance would cover surrogate pregnancy and delivery. I want to have the baby, the bond, the glee, and woes of pregnancy. I know my friends and family are offering out of love but it kind of hurts my feelings they have given up on me so quickly.[/b]

I had three m/c before my daughter and three before my son. I am luck to have both of them.
Seraphina Nova 5/10/2013
Ten Angels in heaven

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search