Did anyone try these?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Are they any good if you tried them?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=7679308

or this?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=7768170

September 26th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
<span style="font-family:Berlin Sans FB">Obviously I haven’t tried neither of them, since this is my first, but I wanted to reply </span>

September 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Quote:
<span style="font-family:Berlin Sans FB">Obviously I haven’t tried neither of them, since this is my first, but I wanted to reply </span>[/b]
Thanks Patty! You are so silly They look pretty neat, but didn't know if they really help baby sleep or make them mad. I never saw them when Haley was a baby.

September 26th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The zip up YES!...especially if baby is going to be born when its still cool out...that way you don't have to worry about blankets...(the zip up blanket bags are highly encouraged by the SIDS foundation...)

The swaddle...I got one...used it once...and that was that...my kids HATED being swaddled...they figured they were finally free and no blanket was gonna tie them down... on the other hand if your baby likes to be swaddled they will love it!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
September 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks Danielle! I think I will go for the zip one.

September 26th, 2008, 03:04 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard good things about them in general, but of course have never used them
September 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I didn't use anything like that because it was VERY warm when Erin was born. I didn't swaddle her or anything because she would get too warm. I might have to try it this time though.

September 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have thought about using the sleep sacks too. I heard that it makes diaper changing easier in the night too instead of fumbling with snaps, although I don't really know first hand.

As for the swaddling thing, honestly we don't need those. You basically do the same thing with a blanket. They are so small that they can't get caught up in it or anything anyways. That is what they do in the hospital. My friend the nurse tells me they are a waste of money, but thats just her opinion...i still might try one if someone buys one for the shower!! lol

September 26th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I have thought about using the sleep sacks too. I heard that it makes diaper changing easier in the night too instead of fumbling with snaps, although I don't really know first hand.

As for the swaddling thing, honestly we don't need those. You basically do the same thing with a blanket. They are so small that they can't get caught up in it or anything anyways. That is what they do in the hospital. My friend the nurse tells me they are a waste of money, but thats just her opinion...i still might try one if someone buys one for the shower!! lol[/b]
Most definately true Rhonda!! Even the regular footsie sleepers that zip up are better than the snaps... ANYTHING to make night time easier!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
September 26th, 2008, 08:40 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no experience but I want to try a sleep sack.

September 26th, 2008, 09:32 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used sleep sacks with Sophie and loved them. They kept her toasty warm without a blanket. As for the swaddler...I have the miracle blanket kind and I LOVE it. I used it on sophie and am currently using them on Ellie. They put them right to sleep and make them feel secure, kind of like being in the womb. They were very much worth the $$$$.
September 27th, 2008, 08:54 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We call the sleep sacks 'gro bags' here, and I had one for Lily-Mae. It was fantastic! She couldnt kick her blanket off in the night and get cold, and also there wasnt that worry of her wriggling down under the blanket. I am getting one for this baby

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
September 27th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not trying to steal your thread, but I am curious about the sleep sacks. Do you still dress them in a sleeper or do you just use a onsie under it? With my baby being born in the winter I am afraid she might be too cold with just the sack.

September 27th, 2008, 10:16 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am not trying to steal your thread, but I am curious about the sleep sacks. Do you still dress them in a sleeper or do you just use a onsie under it? With my baby being born in the winter I am afraid she might be too cold with just the sack.[/b]
depending on the temp you can put either a onsie or another sleeper on the baby under the sleep sack.

My DD hated the sleep sack.. didnt work for me.. she twisted it all up somehow! But im going to try them again with this one.. the idea of them seems great if your child is ok with it.

and the little swaddler blankets were still squiggled out of by her as well..( we called her squiggle butt as a baby) I would suggest either getting the good one, the "miracle blanket"... or just swaddling with normal blankets...

~Em

September 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i used a swaddler at first with Thea and it it worked well when she was very little. then i just used a regular recieving blanket to swaddle her. by about 4 weeks old she didn't like being swaddled anymore so i now use sleep sacks at night and i LOVE them. i have a Halo brand one that is organic cotton and sleeveless for when it isn't chilly and the i have some carter's long sleeve fuzzy ones also for cooler nights.
i usually put either a onesie or a gown underneath them depending on the temperature in the house that night.
the sacks are a great way to keep them warm and comfy without worrying about them kicking out of a blanket and then having the danger of loose blankets.
September 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have a swaddler for Madison even though I havent been able to try it yet but I've heard they are great because babies love to wrapped really tight.

September 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Benjamin never liked being swaddled so I sold my swaddler.

I just wanted to mention there are sleepers you can get that look like big shirts but they have elastic at the bottom if you don't want to do the snaps. Just don't buy the ones with string as they can strangle. I only had two of these but I loved them and with my next I will be buying a ton more. Probably not good for the winter though as sometimes they rid up during the night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search