Update from across the pond

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2008, 12:57 AM
*Pamela*
We've had a crazy crazy weekend and week. I was so happy that Mick was coming home on Friday but was having a problem. I had some really bad tummy pains start in the morning and they just wouldn't go away. I tried everything and nothing was working. I finally called my midwife in the afternoon and she asked if I had pulled something but when I told her I just walked a few miles pushing my son, she said that shouldn't pull anything. So she gave me a few things to try and they still didn't work so I was told to call the Maternity Assesment Unit at the hospital. They in turn told me to come in. I just broke down because it scared me.

So my bil took me in and my sil took Ethanael, this was about 7 at night. I felt horrible for leaving him and I told Chris to just drop me off and I'll figure out how to get back home. Anyway, got there and they took me up right away and had all my paperwork ready. She took my blood pressure and all that stuff and it was elevated for me but not high, think just going there raises it. Then she started feeling my tummy and it hurt so bad so she stopped. She then put me on the monitor to check the baby, wanted me on it for half hour.......but baby had better plans. She refused to stay put so the nurse had to sit there and hold it. It was so funny hearing the noises from when she would kick or move. Her hear rate was about 130 and would go down to 120 every so often so nurse was happy with that. Finally a doctor came in and tried to feel and it still hurt, told her it was about a 5 on the scale of 1 to 10. She could feel how hard it was right above my belly button, was thinking that was the baby pushing on me, but I still say she was on the left side the whole time. So the doctor gave me some pain meds and told me that if the pain didn't go away they were going to keep me overnight and draw blood.

I ended up asking to go home because Chris was still there, sil still had Ethanael and Mick was due home at midnight so they let me go and told me to take it easy, they don't know what the pain is.

When I got home, Mick was waiting and came over to get our lo and it was so wonderful seeing him again, I was so happy. I was still having the pain the next day but not as bad so I went ahead and took the kids up to pick up the new stroller. Was worried about a repeat from last trip. Ended up have a good trip, took a total of 6 trains roundtrip and for the 1 hour ride we ended up in first class!!!! loved it and it made up for the last train ride. The kids had a good time. Later that night, we took the kids to the local fair and Ethanael hates any type of ride. Poor little thing went around 3 times on the kiddie cars and then just lost it, they had to stop to let him off. He was much happier just watching the rides.

Still having the pains, still no answer to what they could be but my hubby and I were thinking it's down to pushing my toddler in a 3 wheeler that doesn't have swivel wheels so you have to push hard side to side or lift to get it to steer. Thursday, I walked to my apt (2 miles) and then after continued up to Asda (1 1/2 miles) did my shopping and ended up carrying Ethanael to the bus stop because I had the groceries in the stroller. Took bus home and was fine until the next morning. Sat night, dh and I dtd and the next morning was a repeat of Friday so I'm now thinking I have pulled something and I've got to let it heal. Don't know if my abs have actually split or possibly a hernia? I just wonder because of the bulge just above my belly button. So now I'm just taking it easy until I have my next apt with midwife and see what she says. I have stopped using the 3 wheeler and use one that does steer and it hasn't been causing worse pain but I really feel it when I lift Ethanael.

I have to say that the hospital staff was so wonderful and caring and now I can feel at ease when I go into labor. I do have to laugh though.....everyone who came to see me there had made a comment like...I hear we have a very active baby???? and they wrote that in my notes as well. Thought it was funny.

Sorry so long and thanks for reading and the support.
October 2nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you really have had a tough time. Sounds like you need to take it easy and give yourself some time to heal!

That's funny about how active Gabriella was...she just wanted to make sure everyone knew she was in there!

Hope you feel better soon!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

October 2nd, 2008, 06:52 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Wow Pam! I'm glad you are okay and Gabriella is doing well in there. I'm so glad dh is finally home. You rest and take care of yourself. Let us know what the midwife says.

October 2nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad that you are ok and that Grabiella is doing well, what an active little girl
You need time to heal, so take it easy and rest. Let us know what the midwife says.

October 2nd, 2008, 04:12 PM
*Pamela*
Thanks for the replies, I think it's time for me to go. Not feeling myself and feel as though I dont' fit in here. You ladies are fabulous and you all have a connection and I wish you all the best. I'm just going to follow along to see all your babies.
October 2nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl! So glad to read the update!

I'm thinking you're having pains because Gabriella is stretching you out. That's what it sounds like to me, but hey, I'm no doctor and I'm not pregnant, but I've seen enough of those Baby Stories!

October 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks for the replies, I think it's time for me to go. Not feeling myself and feel as though I dont' fit in here. You ladies are fabulous and you all have a connection and I wish you all the best. I'm just going to follow along to see all your babies.[/b]

WOW, I hope my preg brain is not reading this the correct way, are you saying that you are leaving? Just for the night right?
You can't leave us

October 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
what?? you better not leave young lady!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry I didnt reply sooner, been busy with corbin. I am so sorry for the pain!! i hope it heals fast
October 2nd, 2008, 06:42 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
W-H-A-T?!!!! Pam - you are not allowed to leave missy! I'm sorry it took me a day or two to reply, I sometimes go a few days without checking in. Anyhow, I would be really sad if you left....

I hope you are feeling better, any relief today?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
October 2nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WTH PAM!!!! You're not going anywhere!!! What's going on??? Why are you feeling like this???

Don't go!!!!!!

October 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't leave us!
October 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the pain goes away for you. Glad your little one is still doing fine.

October 3rd, 2008, 06:55 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Don't leave me

October 3rd, 2008, 07:38 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you change your mind and decide to stay.

October 3rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I read your post yesterday, but I don't see my reply! I swear I did!

Anyway, I originally said TAKE IT EASIER MOMMA!!!. Don't push yourself so much, I know for me (and I'm not as far as you) if I'm too active, I start to feel really yucky. Maybe it's time to slow down a bit.

Now, after that I missed what else took place. But don't leave us Pamela! Why would you want to do that, we're family here!?!? We'd miss you terribly!! You always have something wonderful, friendly, and helpful to say to everyone. That's so special, and would be greatly missed. You are so special and would be GREATLY missed!!!

STAY!!!! We love you!!!!

October 3rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Pamela,

I REALLY REALLY REALLY Hope you change your mind and stay....
as I matter of fact...............YOU BETTER STAY !!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search