Anyone rented/purchased a doppler?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone purchase one or rent one? I'm really thinking about it since my kids love hearing the baby and I know none will make it to any of the appts this time. Not to mention, I really need to "security" it can offer. Did anyone else get one until they could "feel" the baby moving?

October 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i rented one at about 8 weeks, but couldn't find the hb til around 12-13 wks. i'm glad i did though, cuz i had a bleeding scare and heard the hb, so that helped me stress less until i could get to the dr. when i start feeling it move daily then i'll prob return it.

October 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did not get one or rented one my doctor strongly suggested not to get one because if I couldn't find the h/b I would be freaking out and calling them and if they can't get me in, I would freak out even more, and honestly she's probably right.

October 2nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I rented one, around 10 1/2 weeks for one month. I was able to hear HB's from the first day I got it. I rented from fetalsure.com
October 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought one from ebay. I love it! I couldn't find the heartbeat right away, I took the doppler into my Dr's office at one of my appointments and the nurse was a doll and helped me look all around so that I knew what I was looking for and not to get worried as even she had a hard time finding it. Once I did find it at home though, I haven't had any further problems finding it. I just keep looking until she wiggles and I have it. I just used it last weekend as a matter of fact. I can feel her kicking me most of the time now, but I love hearing that heartbeat if I've had a bad or rather stressful day.

October 2nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I think I'm going to get one. I need the security right now. (though I know I won't hear anything for 2 more weeks at least)

October 2nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I rented one and found the heartbeat at 8wks 4days, i rented the one that is 50$ a month on babybeat.com. then at 14 wks I bought one on ebay, the Hi-Bebe BT 200, and found the heartbeat. I loaned it to my friend and she found her babies heartbeat at 9 wks and it is only 115$ and you own it! i would suggest that rather than renting.
October 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i rented one for 25 a month.. from storkradio.com from about 10-17 weeks.. i couldnt find the heart beat until i was about 11 weeks though..

i loved it.. and when i mentioned it to my Dr. they also said they dont recomend them.. mostly because they dont want to have to reasure tons of women when they cant find a heart beat...

There were times it took a few trys to find it... But for me it was well worth it... and i wish id bought a cheap one so i could loan it out to all my pregnant friends..

~Em

October 2nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I got one off EBay, called Angelsounds for like $35 plus shipping. It worked great for me for 2-3 mos starting around 10 weeks, but sadly it has broken. Not sure what happened, but don't really need it anymore....

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search