Awesome Appt! Pic AND video

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my first appointment with my OB today! She did another ultrasound and it was AMAZING. I've got a little wiggle baby in there! I got Dh to video it on our digital camera and I am SO glad he did. At first when I told him I wanted him to video the ultrasound he thought I meant of me getting wanded (vaginally!) and he didn't want to do it. I was like WHY would I want that?! I want video of the baby! Silly husband.

I think I saw that the baby measured 33 mm but I'm not totally sure and I think that's normal. She didn't measure the heart but we did see it beating fast for a few seconds so I guess that's fine.

She answered all my questions and said no concern was too silly for me to call up there and ask.

My blood pressure was a bit high but when they retook it a few minutes later it was fine. They also drew a bunch of blood.

My next visit is in 4 weeks, Oct. 30. We'll be able to hear the heartbeat with a doppler by then. I'm feeling so good about this little one I am almost convinced to go ahead and tell everyone at work. I don't think I can wait another month.

Without further ado...baby's pic:

Look at that little arm and those little legs! Ack!

And my favorite that I'll be watching over and over...the video of our little wiggle baby. Most of the commentary is my OB.

October 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
OMG

Shannon !!!!! your little one is sooooo cute !!!!!!! Ooooh mama, you are going to be getting kicked big time by the looks of that video ! Isn't it wonderful ????

October 2nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I'm so happy for you Shannon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I can't watch the video here at work, but I love that picture!!!! I'm so thrilled for your sticky bean!!!!!!!!

Also, as I was reading I thought you had said something about your little man. I went back and re-read your entire post. No comment on the sex at all. So I'm going to go w/ my gut and guess it's a little boy in there. I can't wait to watch your progress and we get to see more of your little one!!!!

October 2nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, that was a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!
I am so happy for you. I think that i am going to agree with guess that your little bub is a boy--just a gut feeling after seeing the video.
Good luck

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
October 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your little baby is so cute!!! I am so happy for you!
October 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Also, as I was reading I thought you had said something about your little man. I went back and re-read your entire post. No comment on the sex at all. So I'm going to go w/ my gut and guess it's a little boy in there.[/b]
You know I really have not had a "feeling" up until recently and I am starting to think it's a boy. I dunno just a feeling.

You can hear on the video my Dh says something about "He knows he's on video. Or she."

October 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Also, as I was reading I thought you had said something about your little man. I went back and re-read your entire post. No comment on the sex at all. So I'm going to go w/ my gut and guess it's a little boy in there.[/b]
You know I really have not had a "feeling" up until recently and I am starting to think it's a boy. I dunno just a feeling.

You can hear on the video my Dh says something about "He knows he's on video. Or she."
[/b]
That's too funny! I haven't even watched the video, and somehow I picked that up. Bizarre! Well my vote is boy, we'll have to remember that when it comes time to do your big u/s in a few weeks.

October 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG Shannon!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you, the video it's awesome, great idea to take a video of the u/s, I told dh to do it when we went for my u/s, but then I forgot and of course he did too.

About the feeling of being a boy or a girl. I had the feeling that it was a boy the whole time, then I strated having dreams about us having a little girl so, I told dh that I thought it was girl because of my dreams and it turned out to be boy, so stick to the feeling.

October 2nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Shannon, did you eat something before you went in or something?? I don't think I've ever had a baby that active on an u/s!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats! And go ahead and tell people!

October 2nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn
What a beautiful bean you have there!!

What did you eat to get baby bean that active??

October 2nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Quote:
What did you eat to get baby bean that active??[/b]

LOL! I wasn't hungry but knew I needed to eat something so about 30 minutes before my ultrasound I had one of those little Dole fruit cups with peaches, pineapple and mango in it.

October 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
"Mommy had a good breakfast!!"

So adorable Shannon! I'm soooo happy for you!!! That video was awesome! You can see the little one's heart beating too! That little flicker is sooo amazing!!!

October 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I got Dh to video it on our digital camera and I am SO glad he did. At first when I told him I wanted him to video the ultrasound he thought I meant of me getting wanded (vaginally!) and he didn't want to do it. I was like WHY would I want that?! I want video of the baby! Silly husband.[/b]
i cannot beleive no one has commented on this part of your post...i about (well probably did a little!) wet myself reading this!!! i even called my DH in and read it to him... SOO FUNNY!!!

i love your comment back.. like "WHY the heck would THAT be what i meant?" OMG.. SOOOO FUNNY!

and i am also very happy for you that your apt went so well and you have such a great sounding Dr..

~Em

October 2nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Shannon - that is SO awesome!! I'm glad everything is going so well for you!! What a little wiggle worm you have there!

October 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an awesome pic and video Shannon! That is so great!

I will be the exact same as you on my next appt 9w5d, so I hope to see the exact same thing

YAY
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

October 2nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
Quote:
i cannot beleive no one has commented on this part of your post...i about (well probably did a little!) wet myself reading this!!! i even called my DH in and read it to him... SOO FUNNY!!!

i love your comment back.. like "WHY the heck would THAT be what i meant?" OMG.. SOOOO FUNNY!

and i am also very happy for you that your apt went so well and you have such a great sounding Dr..

~Em[/b]

Haha, glad it amused you Em. I really don't know what he was thinking.

October 3rd, 2008, 05:49 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
That was too funny about David. Poor men!

I'm so glad all is well and your lil bean is jumping around in there. I'm so happy for you, Shannon! I say tell everyone about this lil miracle!!!

October 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
*Popping in to Stalk!*

Shannon your little one is sooo cute! I love the video!! I am so glad everything is going so well!!!!
October 7th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been searching for a darn update! Man, you are hard to find...ok...I don't have all that much time to check every day but when I can I do so it is really my fault that I can't find you, LMAO! Wow...what a long-winded explanation!

I can't believe your little bean is such a wiggle worm! WOW! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see that tummy of yours grow & that little bean to get bigger! How exciting!

October 7th, 2008, 06:14 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shannon - You little one is quite the dancer!! Wow does s(he) move around alot!! I'm so happy for you!! That looked like an amazing u/s!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search