Been Meaning to Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always forget to update on myself. Seems like I go to the dr all the time, and I just forget about updating on myself because I get so caught up in what is going on w/ everyone else.

So 2 wks ago tomorrow we set my shower date and made a prototype invitation. Yes prototype, because we decided to scrapbook them. My bff and I are nerds, what can I say. Well I wanted to use a u/s pic w/ them so we were waiting to see if I could get a good pic at the dr on Monday (the 22nd). We also did my registries this weekend. Also I had been having a lot of bad swelling and calf pain, was going to wait and talk to the dr about it on Monday.

So Monday the 22nd rolls around and my dr apt is at 8:45. Everything looks great, no problems, got two great profile pics of baby. They checked and she's still a girl. I completely forgot to ask about the swelling and calf pain, as I wasn't having any at the time.

As the week continues though, the swelling is back, the pain is worse. So last Friday I finally broke down and called the office. My dr was out for the day, but they called him to see if he wanted me sent for a vascular doppler right away. He said that I could either go to the ER if it was really severe, or I could wait to be seen in the office first on Monday. As long as I'm taking the Lovenox then I shouldn't have a serious problem. So I decided to wait. Was of course busy all weekend, and the pain was bad but not severe enough that I thought I needed to go to the ER.

So this Monday I went in again. They checked Little Miss, she was fine. They even did a 3D of her real quick, and I got a pic. (still haven't figured out how to get any of my pics on here as my scanner is being crap) She's adorable, or atleast is to me. They also decided to send me for the vascular doppler to check for clots, and decided that we had better up my Lovenox just to be on the safe side (since I'm currently at the lowest dosage). Doppler did not show a clot, but it did show that my veins are enlarged/irritated which is probably just pregnancy related according to their guestimation. OK, I'm glad, but those suckers are killing me! I even have pain in the veins in my arms! Anyway, so now I'm sticking myself 2x a day. Just lovely.

However, I did realize today, that 4 days out of doubling my dosage; I'm not having the severe pain in my veins. In fact, they've only hurt once today at all. So I hope it's working!!

So that's the update on me. With everything going on here at JM I just kept forgetting. Oh, one more thing...........

She's finally named, I do believe!! I was trying to get a list of a couple choices for SO, and I just couldn't do it. This is her name, I'm set on this, there is nothing else. So unless he comes up w/ something that I absolutely 100% fall inlove w/ (which he won't), then she is....

Isabella Marie, and will be called Ella

October 2nd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love that name!!!
I'm glad that the u/s went well and that you don't have a clot in your leg. I guess it's good that they told you to take a higher dose, since the pain is gone. I'm glad that you got to update us, I guess I should do that too since I went to the doctor's on monday

October 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Quote:
So 2 wks ago tomorrow we set my shower date and made a prototype invitation. Yes prototype, because we decided to scrapbook them. My bff and I are nerds, what can I say. Well I wanted to use a u/s pic w/ them so we were waiting to see if I could get a good pic at the dr on Monday (the 22nd). We also did my registries this weekend. Also I had been having a lot of bad swelling and calf pain, was going to wait and talk to the dr about it on Monday.[/b]
We can't edit our threads anymore, that's kind of frustrating! Especially w/ preggo brain! I realized that I was wrong. We didn't do my registry this weekend, we did it the following weekend, on Sunday the 28th. That was part of why I was having so much pain over the weekend before my second appointment. It seemed like any amount of time I spent on my feet set it off. Sorry, just wanted to clarify.

October 2nd, 2008, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful name. Glad they got your leg pains to go away

October 2nd, 2008, 06:13 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad the pain is going away!!! That sounds scary!

I can't wait for Miss Ella to be in your arms, Jen!!!

October 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the name and I bet she is adorable! I'm glad your legs are feeling better.
October 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That name is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! We have the same taste in names, I think. I just love the name Isabella, it is pretty, feminine and sounds "smart" (KWIM?) And, Marie just flows perfectly behind it. Great Job!

Also, so gald to hear they figured out the source of the pain. Hopefully, it goes away completely with the upped dosage, but sorry that you gotta poke yourself twice now. Bummer!...

Oh, and I am glad she's still a girl!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
October 2nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lovely name. I'm so glad that the pain has gone away.

October 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, I'm glad that the higher dose seems to be helping a bit. And I'm glad that Ella is doing so well! About the scanner issues, do you have a digital camera? Can you take a pic of a pic? (can you tell I want to see her??)

Anyway, sounds like you've had a busy couple of weeks! I'm happy everything's going so well.

October 3rd, 2008, 05:40 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm so glad you updated Jenn! I love the name. It is beautiful, just like she is. I'm sorry you have to stick yourself twice a day now, but glad that it is helping the pain. Woohoo for a great couple weeks overall!!

October 3rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
Thank you ladies!!!

Quote:
Marie just flows perfectly behind it.[/b]
Marie is my middle name. It's family tradition that it is passed down by the first girl in each generation. So it was mine, my mother's, my grandmother's, my great-grandmother's, etc. I was told long ago, I can't even remember how old I was, that I "had" to do it or I'd ruin the tradition. It's a good thing that I've always liked my middle name I guess.

Quote:
About the scanner issues, do you have a digital camera? Can you take a pic of a pic? (can you tell I want to see her??).[/b]
I do have a digital camera, I haven't tried taking a pic of the pic yet. I was going to go to Walgreen's and scan the pics to disk as well as my shower invite (because I just am inlove w/ it and want to show it off) I'll get that done tomorrow while I'm out running errands.

October 3rd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Marie is my middle name. It's family tradition that it is passed down by the first girl in each generation. So it was mine, my mother's, my grandmother's, my great-grandmother's, etc. I was told long ago, I can't even remember how old I was, that I "had" to do it or I'd ruin the tradition. It's a good thing that I've always liked my middle name I guess. [/b]

Dh family has a similar tradition, but it's first name will be the baby's middle name. The baby's middle name will be dh first name which is Eric.

October 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Dh family has a similar tradition, but it's first name will be the baby's middle name. The baby's middle name will be dh first name which is Eric.[/b]
That's where Sidney (DS) got his name from. It went from first to middle and back to first for generations on SO's dad's side. We didn't have to do it by any means as I think SO's dad was the one to break the tradition (I think). Anyway, we came up w/ it on our own; and it just so happened that it made everyone so happy. We do call him Sid though, as Sidney has kind of become a feminine name over the last decade. We just tell him he has the "Original" name, and the girls are copy cats.

October 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Quote:
That's where Sidney (DS) got his name from. It went from first to middle and back to first for generations on SO's dad's side. We didn't have to do it by any means as I think SO's dad was the one to break the tradition (I think). Anyway, we came up w/ it on our own; and it just so happened that it made everyone so happy. We do call him Sid though, as Sidney has kind of become a feminine name over the last decade. We just tell him he has the "Original" name, and the girls are copy cats. [/b]

Ok, this is just too funny, dh father was the one that broke this tradition, because dh does not have his dad's name as his middle name.

October 3rd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a cute name!!! and glad that your veins are feeling better. i can't imagine how annoying that would be.

October 3rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Thank you Linda!!

Quote:
Ok, this is just too funny, dh father was the one that broke this tradition, because dh does not have his dad's name as his middle name. [/b]
That's too funny Patty! SO's father and mother broke it. They named their first son after dad (Arlyn) and gave him a Philippino middle name becasue mom was Philippina and it was her first child. Then w/ the first daughter they picked something they liked, and then came my SO. He got a traditional family name from his grandmother's side, he's a second; but his name did not include the traditional "Sidney" from his dad's side. So his parents messed it all up, and then we unknowingly started it again. It meant a lot to SO's dad and grandmother (since grandfather had passed away), so we did good. We also gave him James as his middle name which had been one that was passed down on my dad's side. So we hit all the traditional stuff w/ his name. This time it's the girl's tradition. Geez, so many traditions. Does anybody actually get to pick their kids name just because they like it anymore? Or is it just always the 1st born that gets stuck?

October 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, running out the door but saw this and just HAD to reply real quick...

I think we have something similar too. My DH's Dad is named Hayden. My DH's name is Scott Hayden, and this one will be Hayden Scott. Maybe we'll just tell Hayden that he needs to name his 1st baby boy Scott Hayden to keep with our tradition?!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
October 3rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn
I can't wait to see pics of Ella, hurry up!!

October 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ohhh, I love the name Isabella!! How adorable!!

I can't wait to see pics too!

October 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful name

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search