Baby Movement

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2008, 08:18 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This whole baby movement is new to me, as i have only felt it kick fir a week or so, I don't know maybe more.....
Anyway, since last night I haven't felt him move or kick too much. Normally he is pretty active right after dinner and in the morning, right after breakfast, but last night he wasn't that active and this morning I can feel little flutters here and there but no real kick. Is this normal? I know that this early on I should be worry if I don't feel much movement, since he still has a lot of room to move. But should I be worry?

October 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I wouldn't worry, hun. I went through that too at the beginning when I was just feeling her move. There'd be a day here and there where I wouldn't feel her much at all. Drink a glass of something ice cold, or drink some soda, and then go lay down and see what happens. I'll bet he starts jumping around. Plus they do go in cycles, I think at this age my Peri said they sleep in 40 minute segments. Plus if you are up and moving around you are rocking them and they're comfy, they do get more active when you sit or lay still because they don't have that soothing rocking motion of you moving. Try a couple different things, momma, I bet he'll get to wiggling for you. As you progress he'll be stronger and more active. KUP on things, K!

October 3rd, 2008, 09:59 AM
I know that I shouldn't worry but you know, you still always worry.
Since I'm at work (and believe me this is the last place I want to be) I can't lay down or seat still for too long. I felt it move a little a while ago. I just love those kicks and his not kicking

October 3rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm going through the same thing Pat. These babies need to get to moving!!! LOL! Seriously, I agree with Jen. Before long, they aren't gonna stop moving. I remember Haley would get really active about 3 am when I was trying to sleep.

October 3rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I know, it's hard not to worry. I've found that Ella is the most active when I'm at work. I sit in a chair at my computer all day, and she's decided that it's exercise time when I'm trying to concentrate. But then she's quiet throughout the evening. Little stinker! Go get some cold fruit juice or something, see if that perks your little booger up.

October 3rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
its soooo hard not to worry. Corbin worried me all the time. I would go a day or two with barely feeling him move and I would panic. I remember I went in for an appt at 23 wks and brought it up to my dr., he did an u/s and there was corbin, moving, but I wasnt feeling it, that made me feel better. Your baby could just be in a different position so you are not feeling the kicks so much.
October 3rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I know what your feeling. I had days like that with Madison and I would freak thinking something was wrong. I've heard that sometimes when their not as active they could be going through a growth spurt. My doctor said to try and drink or eat something with lots of sugar in it and lay down and see what happens. Another thing that helped me SO much was having my doppler. Anytime I would get worryed about the lack of movement I would use it and once I heard the heartbeat I would feel 100 times better. I know worrying is so easy with everything we've been through and just know that its not silly to worry. If you get really scared just call your doctor and they can help ease your mind a lot. I know mine did. I hope he starts kicking really good for you soon.

October 3rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks girls

I went for a walk and when I came I had some cold water and feel a little kick.

Angela, I wanted to rent or buy a doppler is completely against it because my dr told us that he doesn't recomend getting them because if you can't find the h/b you will freak out andthey can't get you in, them you will freak out even more and end up going to the ER for no good reason. So after that long story, we did not get one
I can't wait until he is kicking my bu** all day

October 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I wouldn't worry...just as the girls said. 21 weeks is still early to really feel those hard kicks.
also, do you know if the placenta is anterior? that may cause you not to feel as much also......mine was like that....but trust me, a little further along,once they get moving...LOL......you feel it

October 3rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn
I agree, with my last pregnancy, the OB told me they don't count kicks until 24 weeks even though she was active since 16 or so.

Oh yeah, my edit button is back!!! Anyway, with Tai, I'd try all the tricks to get her to move and she wouldn't for anything. I'd finally have to go to L & D and get monitored....as soon as the belts went on, she'd freak out and kick like no tomorrow.

October 3rd, 2008, 07:50 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Its hard not to worry, Im glad the water and walk helped! Girl soon that baby is gonna be moving and grooving you awake at night!
October 3rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
I have absolutely no idea what is normal at any point during pregnancy. I just came in to say how excited I am you're feeling movement!!!

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

October 4th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Quote:
I have absolutely no idea what is normal at any point during pregnancy. I just came in to say how excited I am you're feeling movement!!! [/b]
awwww, you are so sweet, thanks

On another note. He was moving non stop last night, it seemed like he was playing soccer

October 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
I wouldnt worry to much hun. As long as hes still moving in there. usually at this stage s/he has just had a big growth spurt. so they are tired.

Im so happy that your feeling your little one now!!!
isnt it so awesome??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search