Ellie Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2008, 08:19 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Ladies,
I just wanted to give you all an update on Ellie. She had a significant weight loss 19 oz in 5 days so we were supplimenting her with formula and all. Well Wednesday we had a doc appointment and she is now 8lbs and 9oz an ounce shy of her birth weight. It just feels so good to know she is on her way back up. We can slowly ween her off the formula and get her just to be on breast milk. Doc said to ween her slowly over the next 3 weeks or so. On a sad note...Carlos goes back to work Monday, so I will be all on my own with the 2 girls. I will miss having him around to pass off to. And a recent pic of Ellie...

October 4th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad to hear that she is on her way back up.
That's such a cute picture of her. Sorry that dh is going back to work. How long did he have of paternity leave? I know that for us, dh only have two weeks, it's sad that they don't give them more time.

October 4th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Judy, im glad that shes gaining weight now. Boo that Carlos has to go back to work! We are all here for you!!
She is so beautiful!!

October 4th, 2008, 09:23 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
OMG Judy.....

she is BEAUTIFUL !!
I am so happy to hear that she is gaining, you must be so relieved. Tell Carlos to take Paternity leave !!!!

October 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He took 3 weeks off used a bunch of his sick time up so now he has to go back. We are losing some $$$ because I am staying home. If he stayed home any longer we would be broke...so he has to go back. I will miss him!!!
October 4th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how cute is that pic?! glad to hear she's gaining weight. is ther eanyone who can help younow? like your mom?

October 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is so beautiful. Glad to hear she is gaining weight now. BFing is so hard!
October 5th, 2008, 02:01 AM
*Pamela*
She is so cute, Judy!!! I'm so glad she is gaining now and you can bf her now. Sorry that Carlos has to go back to work. Mick only gets 2 weeks off but he may have 1 week holiday time that he can use.

It's so hard when they have to go back to work. I'm sure he will be involved as much as he can when he is home. My hubby would always get our baby when he woke to feed and then would change him, bring him to me, and then put him back to bed. He loved doing that. Looking forward to it again.
October 5th, 2008, 06:12 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she is gorgeous

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
October 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
awww she is so pretty!!!! and YAY for weight gain!!!

I am sorry Carlos has to go back to work Neils only got 5 days off and I have been doing it all ever since, he basically works 2 full time jobs. it sucks!! I hope Sophie and Ellie are easy for you!
October 5th, 2008, 10:43 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So cute! Glad to hear she is doing well. Sorry your DH has to go back to work. Hopefully, it won't be too hard at home by yourself with both the girls.

October 6th, 2008, 06:01 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Yay Ellie for gaining weight. Sorry it's time for Carlos to go back to work. I hope it's not too hard on you. Dh will only have 1 week off.

October 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY for Miss Ellie gaining weight! That's excellent news!!! Love the pic of her, and your new siggy is beautiful, with both of your lovely girls in it!!

Sorry DH is going back to work. That's awesome that so many dads have paternity leave these days. Years ago when my DS was born, my SO was able to take a week I think. This time around though, he won't take more than a day or two. We won't be able to afford it, as he is hourly and doesn't have sick or vacation. So I think that's wonderful that Carlos was able to enjoy so much time with you ladies at home!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search