Thought I'd share some baby things I got

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2008, 03:27 AM
*Pamela*
It really helped getting out the baby gear and putting some of it together. Going to have that chat with hubby tonight and see how it goes. We have agreed to getting transferred to the local birthing centre as they will monitor the baby a bit closer. I'm not going to set my heart on it as it will only happen if there is a bed available. I have GBS and that's why baby needs monitoring but the hospital after care isn't there due to staff shortages and their top priority is labouring mums and c-section recovery mums. I feel bad for the nurses and midwives here.

So anyway, here are some of my baby things.

The first few are of my new pram system, I love it's versatility. I got the chassis and the blue check with all the matching accessories and raincover and stand for 40 off ebay. Not crazy about the check so will use Ethanaels seat and accessories. The small pram is great for the car, train or small places and I'll use the big classic for trips to the town and grocery shopping. The system also comes with a stand to use as a basinette so that will be used in the living room. I also have the car seat to use on the system as well. I just can't wait to use it, only used the classic with E when he was about a year and half. The linear chassis is actually quite chunkier in person than the photo.

This is the classic chassis which is great for grocery shopping, it's very bouncy for baby too.

on the stand

car seat

What's great is it comes with the head hugger and a spinal support so she won't be crunched in there.

seat that came with the linear chassis on ebay

Fisher Price Flutterby dreams swing, 12 off ebay, a steal!!!

my pump, one of the best manual ones!

Feeding stash, didn't buy many bottles since I'll be nursing and I don't work, bought the bpa free ones. SIL and family bought the little bottle when they were in France.

The next 4 are her clothes, we've only spent about 30 on them and the one with the basket of clothes was given to us, there are a ton of clothes and sleepers in there. I love the tiny little tights. I did buy some Motherease cloth diapers and covers but have decided to go with disposables. We don't have a dryer here and it will be winter so would have to many drying diapers around the house. My dh also bought her the blue onesie "Racing Champion" from the Nurbergring in Germany...they only sold blue but we don't care.

These are my 2 fabrics to make my nursing covers for out in public, just bought the boning so I'm good to go now.

This is my folder of all my maternity notes, have to carry it everywhere. It's so nice to see everything the midwife writes down. I also keep all my city maps and hospital info in there, since I don't really know the city that well.

We haven't bought her bedding yet because we want to get it from the states so need to be sure of gender before paying all that shipping. The cross is Morgan's and will go above her crib and my husband bought the lamb for her when he was in Germany.

Sorry for so many photos but I hope you enjoyed as much as I enjoyed sharing them.
October 5th, 2008, 06:10 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gorgeous things Pamela!

You sure are organised I love the pushchair you have got, and I also had one of the flutterby swing seats for Lily-mae. And you sure got a bargain for 12, I paid ALOT more than that Lily loved it, and im sure your new baby will too

Thanks for sharing, I cant wait to buy things

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
October 5th, 2008, 07:43 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the pics! You got a lot of great stuff. Buying baby things is so much fun!!

October 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
omg I LOVE LOVE LOVE that stroller/pram system, it is gorgeous! i want it, LOL. looks like you are so close to ready I bet you cant wait!! how much longer do you have? i have a bad memory and only know if i see a ticker, LOL.
October 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you have a lot of great stuff and it definitely looks like you are ready for your little girl!!

I love the versatility of your stroller system, it's pretty different than what we usually see here in the states!

Thanks for sharing all your pics!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

October 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
*Pamela*
Thanks so much ladies!!!

Kate, you aren't kidding on that swing and I still can't believe I got if for 12 and it was local so my dh picked it up on the way home from work. I love it, I have the crib soother that matches from Ethanael and I would love to get the mobile too but hard to find now.

Whitney, it has been fun buying baby stuff but would have been more fun in the states, we just don't have those great stores over here.

Heather, I love the pram too and really can't wait to use it. Funny thing is, I listed the classic setup on ebay for 40 and nobody bid so I think it was meant to be. Between buying the brand new car seat, the used classic setup for Ethanael when we first moved here and the used Linear setup, I have spent about 240, can't even touch the Linear set with that. It's crazy what strollers cost. The most popular ones here sell for well over 500 as a travel system. They are nice, but just a bit too much.

Melanie, it's ashame they don't have the big prams over there, especially if you like to go on walks to the park, but I know I would have never put to good use, this system if I were still in the states. They do take up a lot of space because the seat unit has to be removed to fold the chassis. My favorite when I lived in the states was my Graco Quattro, one of the cheapest travel systems and I loved it. I see you're a Steelers fan, I'm originally from Pittsburgh!

Almost forgot, Heather, I put a ticker back up, I only have just over 7 weeks to go!!!!!
October 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
All set Pam! Everything looks great and what a bargain shopper you are!! I wish that I was as prepared!!
October 5th, 2008, 01:04 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow you have alot of great stuff! I love the stroller/pram system. Looks very versatile and strolling in a bassinet will probably be very nice for baby!
October 6th, 2008, 02:58 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i love baby stuff! that swing is really cute.
looks like you have stuff ready, getting close to baby time!
October 6th, 2008, 05:30 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
You have some great stuff Pam. Gabriella is all set to come now. I love how organized you are. I wish I were that way I'm so glad you got such good deals on most of your stuff. I'm gonna try to do the same when I start buying.

BTW, I see the Backyardigans were on TV in the background. Haley loves that show.

October 6th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the others. I love the pram.
Great bargain shopping.

October 6th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the stroller/pram system, when you first mentioned I actually search online for them.
You got so many great things, it seems like to are all set

October 6th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing all those pictures, Pamela!! You have some adorable stuff in there. I love that stroller/pram! I think those are so adorable!! I've never seen one like that in person, so it's cool to see pics of it.

October 6th, 2008, 10:32 AM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
aaaw tooo lovely!! i cant wait to start buying things!! to add to my collection of things i have already bought over the year!! lol!!

October 6th, 2008, 10:59 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
you have a GREAT Stash of stuff Pamela !!!!!
I LOVE looking at everything that everyone buys. Baby stuff is the best isn't it ????
I say, keep those pics coming!

October 7th, 2008, 01:53 AM
*Pamela*
Thanks again ladies, I love buying baby stuff too. I just can't wait to use it all!!!! I'm getting excited now.
October 7th, 2008, 04:46 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You've got some great baby stuff!! I think that little lamb is adorable!! And the Pram/Stroller is very interesting. I haven't ever seen anything like it before.
October 7th, 2008, 11:54 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome things!!!! I love that Morgan's cross will be part of Gabriella's nursery.

October 8th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
now all you need is that darling baby! you so prepared already..

I love all of it! great job.

October 8th, 2008, 11:25 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow - you are ready to go!! Now, I just need to get my butt in gear.....

Anyhow, thanks for sharing, I love it all!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search