Appt updates

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2008, 01:38 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thursday and Friday morning when I got up I had some spotting with actual blood not just pink so I called my Dr and of course was told to come in. I felt kind of bad because I already had an appt for Monday, but didn't want to risk it and wait over the weekend.

Friday they did an u/s and found everything is just fine. They could see no cause for the bleeding so said to go on pelvic rest and just slow down. She told me my cervical length is 3 cm (she said anything over 2.5cm was what they wanted) and that the babies were good. And I haven't had any spotting since by the way.

Monday I went in for my regular appt. Since the lady had gotten all the measurements they needed Fri I didn't really need another u/s but the lady was nice enough to get us in and give us a few pictures (at no charge!) This time I could see them better than on Fri. They are both head down now and she looked up their weights from Fri for me Baby A 2lbs and Baby B 1lb 13oz

Somehow from Fri to Mon I lost 5 lbs too which is weird. However the Dr said everything was fine and come back in two weeks (no u/s next time). I also had to do my one hour glucose test which I failed! I knew I would though, but it still sucks. My blood sugar was 170 so now I have to do the 3 hour test on Fri. Woohoo...not! For the next 3 days I have to add in an EXTRA 10 servings of carbs to my diet. How am I supposed to eat that much food!!

Anyway that's my update. DH hasn't scanned the few pics in and I still have yet to take a new preggo pic sorry!
October 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh Jenn, how scary...I'm glad that you and the babies are doing good. How long are you in pelvic rest for? I hate when they can't find a cause for the bleeding, it's scary that you bleed and not finding a reason is just more worries. I don't blame for wanting to go to the doctors on friday even with the appointmenton Monday, I'm glad you did. How are you feeling now?
I'm sorry about not passing the glucose test, does everybody need to take that test? My doctor never mentioned anything so I was just wondering.
Tell dh that we need to see those pictures! I want to see the babies! And we don't forget that you still need to take a pic, it's been too long since the last one

October 7th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Stinks that you failed it. I always fail too but for the opposite reason (too low). 3 hour really stinks but bring something good to read and do. Oh and bring a good snack (I usually bring PB&J sandwich and juice since your sugar will be low at the end).

Glad the babies are staying put and it stinks that they couldn't find a reason.

Quote:
I'm sorry about not passing the glucose test, does everybody need to take that test?[/b]
Yes I believe everyone does it at least once between 24-28 weeks. For repeaters like me, they sometimes add 1-2 more times which really SUCKS.

October 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how scary! i am glad that everything is okay with you and the babies. take it easy.
can't wait to see the pics.
hope you 3 hour test goes okay.
October 7th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yes I believe everyone does it at least once between 24-28 weeks. For repeaters like me, they sometimes add 1-2 more times which really SUCKS.[/b]

Thanks for telling me, I had no idea.

October 7th, 2008, 02:19 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am glad to hear the babies are ok....

Take it easy there mama ! I didnt have to do the glucose test, I am type 2 diabetic, so what was the point?....lol
extra carbs will also raise sugar levels...try to eat high fiber foods, that really helps !!
I always get wheat breads & cereals with the highest fiber levels.

Good Luck hon !!

October 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Whew, I'm glad you and babies are fine. Sorry you didn't pass the glucose test. I take mine in a few weeks. I hope I pass. Good luck on Friday with the 3 hour one. KUP

October 7th, 2008, 02:57 PM
*Pamela*
I'm so happy that your babies are great! just sorry you had a bit of a scare.

I can't believe how far along you are now!! Can't wait to see photos of babies and your belly.
October 7th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How cool that you got to see your little ones TWICE. I'm sorry you had to start bleeding for that to happen but it is great that the bleeding has stopped. Thanks for the update and we can't wait to see the pictures!

October 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I'd be scared too!!!! I can't believe they're already practically 2lbs!!! You go girl!!!!

October 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
very scary, Im glad you did not wait until Monday, you never know. Yes, anything over 2.5 and they are happy, I went in the hospital at 2.4 then when I went up to 2.6 they let me leave. Grow twins grow!! I cant belive you are already 26 weeks!!

Good luck with the 3hr test!!
October 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you went in and everything is good. Wow the babies are good weights for twins huh? I can't wait to see new pics soon

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search