Log In Sign Up

feeling nervous


Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
January 4th, 2006, 10:20 AM
soontobemommyto3
Guest
Posts: n/a
I had my u/s at 6w2d where we saw the heartbeat. So I felt good about that for awhile. But now I am nervous again. I don't have my next appt until the 18th and I know he is doing another u/s because he didn't measure the baby last time (said she was too small and would do it next time).

But I am just so nervous that they won't find a h/b. Am I going to worry about this every appt? Probably huh?.

I did rent a doppler which should be coming next week. It says you can hear the h/b at 8 weeks, I'll be closer to 9 1/2 when it comes. I hope I can find it. Of course once I do find it or have my next u/s and see everything is ok, I'll start worrying about is the baby ok, is it normal?

Sheesh. I'm a mess.

After we had found out that Cassie was perfect and healthy and no problems I just sighed a big sigh of relief because we were done. We had our 3rd baby, she was healthy, no more worry. Just sit and enjoy the 2nd half of pregnancy. Well she died like 2 days later. I guess we are never safe.

Maybe I wasn't ready yet to be pregnant again, maybe all this worrying will drive me crazy....

Thanks for listening.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
January 4th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,287
You sound just like me before my last appointment. I had seen the HB at 6 1/2 weeks, but that excitement quickly turned to fears 2 weeks before my 10 1/2 week appt. If you remember, my symptoms had eased up and I was certain that it was a bad sign. Everything turned out to be fine, saw our baby dancing around and everything, but now as my next appointment nears, I'm getting nervous again. I think it's just something that happens to our minds after experiencing a loss. Hang in there, I'm sure you're doing great. Just take it day by day.
__________________






"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
January 5th, 2006, 03:55 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,923
I really think anyone who has suffered a loss would be this worried, I think it's normal. Let me know how you like using the doppler, I might get one as well. (See, you're not the only paranoid one! )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
January 6th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 2,991
I think it is only normal to worry after what has happened...I called to have a "consult" with my dr. I told the receptionist specifically no u/s until I am at least 6 wks...i might even wait till 7 because I need to see that heartbeat. My fertility specialist who conducted my surgery said that once there is a heartbeat you have a 90% chance of carrying to term. Obviously there's that other 10% but I'm feeling hopeful...
hang in there hun. I know this must be so nerve wracking for you. I already feel it myself and i've only known I'm pg for 2 days now...
__________________
Mommy to miracle baby 4/23/08 and four babies in heaven:lost 3/22/05 edd 10/28/05, lost 5/25/05 edd 12/26/05, lost 1/31/06 edd 9/19/06

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
Reply With Quote
  #5  
January 6th, 2006, 08:06 AM
soontobemommyto3
Guest
Posts: n/a
given the fact that I only had a 1% chance of losing a baby when I did, 10% or 5% or even 1% doesn't comfort me anymore

I can't wait until my doppler arrives and I can start looking for the h/b myself
Reply With Quote
  #6  
January 6th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 2,991
Oh honey I'm sorry...i didn't meant to minimize your situation...
I hope you get your dopler soon too.
__________________
Mommy to miracle baby 4/23/08 and four babies in heaven:lost 3/22/05 edd 10/28/05, lost 5/25/05 edd 12/26/05, lost 1/31/06 edd 9/19/06

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0