quick survey

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2006, 01:06 PM
hustons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hustons Send a message via Yahoo to hustons
Hi Ya'll.

Just wondering how long after your miscarriages did you wait to start BD? I had a D/C on MOnday. The hospital and my Doc said to wait at least 2 or 3 days. Of course I have to wait until the bleeding stops but other posts are saying that they were told to wait at LEAST 2 or 3 weeks!? Did any of you do this? My Doc said it was perfectly fine to go ahead if we felt like we wanted to.....but I dont want to damage anything. Is this just because it "may" hurt? but it may not? Any advice?? DH and I are VERY into each otehr and are VERY MUCH wanting to BD (we had to settle for making out last night....which actually was a lot of fun!) just for the opportunity to be together...who cares abotu TTC right now. We just want to do it!

"In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero" ......Martina McBride
January 11th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was told 10 days the first time and then 3 weeks the second time...don't know why there's so much descrepancy in the amount of time dr.'s tell us...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 11th, 2006, 02:08 PM
soontobemommyto3
they usually say wait until the cervix closed so you don't get an infection. That can take a week or two. But if you DR says ok, then what is stopping you?
January 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was told after the bleeding stopped, all my doc seemed to care about what using some sort of protection.
January 11th, 2006, 02:10 PM
hopin4a4rth
We were told just a few days and that's all we waited both times... but we used protection so we wouldn't catch that first egg...
January 11th, 2006, 02:32 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
My doc was what you might call "negligent" in giving us any info. I had to look online for every little thing. After a D&E, I had to wait quite a while. After other miscarriages, I've been told about 2 weeks, but really, when I start feeling better is ok. And that last one about covers it--you'll start feeling better when the bleeding is letting up a bit and you're at lower risk for infection. I do think that your body tells you that you're ready. If you think that you are, then go for it! You may want to use protection, though, so you DON'T catch that first egg...she's right.

Good luck and have fun!

January 11th, 2006, 05:44 PM
hustons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hustons Send a message via Yahoo to hustons
ok so what's wrong with catching the first egg? Is that bad???

"In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero" ......Martina McBride
January 11th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Super Mommy
Most of the time there is absolutely nothing wrong with catching the first egg, other than difficulty dating things (LMP, O date, EDD, etc). Most doctors will tell you to wait a cycle or two only for that reason. The majority of pregnancies following a m/c cycle end up fine. But sometimes your body needs a cycle or two to recuperate, and your endometrium needs a chance to build back up (your progesterone levels need to resume their normal state).

BUT, you don't want to BD if you're still bleeding because that can introduce infection to your uterus, especially if there is any tissue left over from the pregnancy.

That said, we bd'd about a week after both m/c, and I WAS still spotting after my first. We never used protection, either, and started TTC right away after both.
Waiting for #2!
</div>
January 11th, 2006, 06:29 PM
It's not the worst thing, but especially after a D&C, your lining is VERY thin and usually doesn't build up as well, which can lead to another heartbreak. Your hormones may be completely messed up still, too. MANY women get pregnant again before first AF after a miscarriage, but your risk of miscarrying again is about 1.5 times greater than if you wait for one AF. Make sense? SOOOO, it's not that you CANNOT get pregnant again right away, but you should know that there's a greater risk. That's all...trying to save you another heartache.

Again, though, I know plenty of women who didn't wait and have perfectly healthy babies. YOU have to decide what's best for you!

January 11th, 2006, 06:29 PM
It's not the worst thing, but especially after a D&C, your lining is VERY thin and usually doesn't build up as well, which can lead to another heartbreak. Your hormones may be completely messed up still, too. MANY women get pregnant again before first AF after a miscarriage, but your risk of miscarrying again is about 1.5 times greater than if you wait for one AF. Make sense? SOOOO, it's not that you CANNOT get pregnant again right away, but you should know that there's a greater risk. That's all...trying to save you another heartache.

Again, though, I know plenty of women who didn't wait and have perfectly healthy babies. YOU have to decide what's best for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search