What a crappy night...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
A co-worker gave me two free tickets to see David Alan Grier last night at Caesar's Palace. The TBS Comedy Festival is going on this weekend. We decided to go since the tickets were free. Why turn them down? It was a chance to get out for once and do something that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

They were suppose to open the door at 9:30pm. However, the Cheech & Chong Roast went over their time limit. They didn't open the doors until 10:45pm. I was really mad. My feet were killing me, my back was aching, and I was starting to get some light cramps. A lot of people in the line were complaining about how TBS was handling this situation.

I told DH that this David Alan Grier better be worth the wait. Was he? OMG, NO!!!! I have been to many comedian shows, and this guy was by far the absolute WORST! I didn't laugh a single time. His opening act was better.. at least he made me laugh a few times. I told my DH that I would have rather been forced to watch Dane Cook's act for FOUR HOURS instead of watch this guy. That's saying a lot, because I find Dane Cook extremely annoying with old jokes that I've heard a billion times on Comedy Central.

The room wasn't even full. TBS had to start moving people to the front row so it would look good on TV. They wanted the room to look more full. That was one of the funniest things all night.

And the in the middle of one of David Alan Grier's joke, some guy yelled, "GET OFF THE STAGE!!!!" I was half tempted to get up on the stage and start telling jokes myself. I'm sure I would have gotten more laughs then this guy did. Most of the time, not even half the room was laughing. I wouldn't be surprised if TBS has to add in laughter sound effects before they air the show.

We walked out about 30 minutes into his show. I was trying to give him a chance, but he just was not funny. I was starting to fall asleep in my chair. It was just awful.

Then on our way out of Caesar's Palace, DH saw Tom Arnold. He walked right next to us and I didn't even see him because I was so tired. Boo!!!!

November 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh Jessica I'm sorry you had such a crappy night, the good thing is that now you know who not to go and see

November 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Sorry babe.
November 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, that does suck!! I hate that you waited around for so long and then had a terrible comedian on top of that....ugh!

By the way, do you live in LV?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
November 23rd, 2008, 07:34 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bummer I would have been so upset after standing their the whole time and then it being a lame show. UGH!

I've never been to a filmed comedy show but I have been to the local ones downtown and it sucks when they are lame. I honestly can't stand it when all they do is curse and expect you to laugh. I mean when it is every other word it just isn't funny. I'm not in middle school anymore.

Too bad about missing Tom Arnold. You must have been really tired to not see him walking right next to you - LOL. I say kick your feet up today and recoup.

November 23rd, 2008, 07:41 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry for you bad night!! That would really suck having to stand in line for so long for a show that was such a let down!!

Tom Aronold is from my home town, and my Step-Mother went to High School with him! I have a funny story about him from when he was in high school. There is a town called Albia that is about 20 or so miles away from his hometown of Ottumwa. To raise money for a charity (I cant remember which one) he walked in only his boxers from Albia to Ottumwa in the winter. Now that is something I'm glad I didn't see!!
November 23rd, 2008, 09:09 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
Quote:
Oh, that does suck!! I hate that you waited around for so long and then had a terrible comedian on top of that....ugh!

By the way, do you live in LV?[/b]
Yes, I do.

Love it here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search