How many...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many weeks were you when you had the "big" u/s to determine the gender of your Baby? My regular appointments would be at 13 weeks (next week) 17 weeks and 21 weeks. I'm trying to figure out my chances of having my midwife schedule it at the 17 week appointment versus the 21 week appointment. I'm sure hoping it's at 17 weeks.

November 25th, 2008, 06:25 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mine was right smack on 20 weeks, so it did not coincide with my regular appts, it was just about in the middle between them.
November 25th, 2008, 06:37 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Mine was at 20 weeks.

November 25th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I recall for Naden correctly, mine was at 20 weeks but if you have an u/s at 17weeks (even if it's not the big u/s where they are measuring organ sizes and that stuff) your midwife could still probably tell you the sex early

November 25th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 19w5d, I would of waited until I was 20w but dh was leaving town for a wedding and he wanted to know before he left.

November 25th, 2008, 11:04 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i had one at 18 weeks, but she had her legs crossed and wouldn't cooperate, but then i had another one at 22 weeks and confirmed she was indeed a little girl.
November 25th, 2008, 11:41 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I was 20 weeks

November 25th, 2008, 11:58 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was 21 weeks....sorry, I know not what you want to hear. However, they gave me their best guess at 13 weeks too, but they were wrong. However, by 17 weeks, if she gives her best guess, it should be pretty accurate. You could ask her to check both times?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
November 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
between 19 and 20.5 weeks. they did get one wrong (i think!)
they told me kyle was going to be a girl he is sensitive and emotional as one but erm... hes defo a boy!

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
November 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info ladies -- I can wait. I just thought knowing the gender would help DH and I start talking about baby names. We are SO bad at making decisions, and I know this one is going to be a tough one. We have our last vacation planned -- we are going to Cancun for a week. It is a week of just RELAXATION -- I can't wait. That vacation is scheduled right over the 20w mark. I thought we could use that downtime to really do some talking about names (and other decisions we still have to make -- child care, house rearranging, etc.) I'll just talk with my midwife next week and get a plan in place. I'm getting so excited!!! I can't believe I'm going to be 12 weeks on Thursday.

November 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They did my big u/s at 20 weeks but at the scan I had at right around 14w they were pretty sure he was a boy And they were right.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

November 26th, 2008, 06:52 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
I was in between weeks 18 and 19.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search