Melamine in U.S formulas

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2008, 08:59 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I just don't get it....
now what??

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...PHzwkQD94MB1S80

November 25th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yikes!!!!
November 26th, 2008, 12:49 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
What is wrong with these companies???? Nathan is only Nestle. I am just so furious with the way these companies treat situations like this. Has this world really turned into such a greedy place that they put babies lives at risk to make a buck?
November 26th, 2008, 08:00 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is up with the guy who says to keep feeding it to your baby? Moms shouldn't have to make the choice. They should be able to feed their babies formula that they know doesn't have trace amounts of something that is known to be harmful. This is outrageous!

November 26th, 2008, 02:04 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seriously, what else is out there? I thought my choice was clear until I read a little further. ARGH!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
November 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Generally Crispy
Oh thats so nice. They say the melamine doesnt raise or preserve protien levels but forgot to mention that under examination melamine appears to look like protien.
November 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I emailed Nestle last night....

here is their response that they emailed me

Thank you for contacting the Start Healthy Stay Healthy™ resource center.

At Nestlé Nutrition, the quality and safety of our products is our highest priority. Nestlé Nutrition has a rich tradition of helping consumers, and generations of people have trusted us to bring them products that meet the highest standards of safety and nutritional support.

Regarding cyanuric acid, no Nestlé Nutrition products, including NESTLÉ® GOOD START® infant formula, PEPTAMEN JUNIOR® and NUTREN JUNIOR®, contain cyanuric acid.

All NESTLÉ® GOOD START® infant formulas sold in the US are manufactured at Nestlé factories in the US, and they are not outsourced.

Regarding your questions concerning melamine, no melamine has been detected in NESTLÉ® GOOD START® powder and liquid products using a reporting limit of 1 part per million for melamine and cyanuric acid combined. This is consistent with the acceptable limit defined by a number of governments, including Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Malaysia and China.

If you have any other nutrition and feeding questions, please ask one of our feeding experts or pediatric nutritionists at CONTACT US

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~

do you see double talk here??

It isnt in there......it is but acceptable limits????

November 27th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Totally double talk Dee. Plus, I don't like this: "This is consistent with the acceptable limit defined by a number of governments, including Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Malaysia and China." Um, hello? China is the place where babies DIED due to melamine in the formula. I don't think they have any guidelines as to what is acceptable.

I'm sure they thought that e-mail was meant to ease your fears, but I don't thnk they accomplished that.

November 27th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Totally double talk Dee. Plus, I don't like this: "This is consistent with the acceptable limit defined by a number of governments, including Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Malaysia and China." Um, hello? China is the place where babies DIED due to melamine in the formula. I don't think they have any guidelines as to what is acceptable.

I'm sure they thought that e-mail was meant to ease your fears, but I don't thnk they accomplished that.[/b]
they actually made it worse

November 28th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I just saw this about Enfamil formula. Seems that they have no trace levels of melamine.

http://www.enfamil.com/app/iwp/MJN/Content...mp;r=3405205996

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search