i didnt want to do this but..

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2008, 05:03 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
please help ease my mind girls.
im sat here wanting to burst into tears. ive been the same all day.
last night i went to bed and started cramping.
today ive woken up with cramps but they are not always there. inbetween the cramping i am feeling numb other than the odd "popping" sensation in my ovary
my sickness is not here at all today. i do feel slight nausea and a headache from all the crying but thats it!
i have even been able to eat today. i small bowl of cereal this morning and i just had baked potato and chicken. i havent taken my sickness meds so this is odd!
please tell me this is normal. im really scared right now and i dont want to be
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
November 26th, 2008, 05:16 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Perhaps your body is jsut settling early from the MS and your getting a few other symptoms - cramps can be normal if everything is stretching and changing fr them hun - can you ring a midwife or doctor?? xxx
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

November 26th, 2008, 05:18 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Oh honey, take a deep breath. I'm sure that cramping is those babies getting all cozy in there. I cramped for the first 3-4 weeks after I got my BFP. As for the sickness, well maybe it will begin tapering off. I had good days and then it would hit again. As for the crying, HORMONES! I still do this. I will keep you in my t&p. Just try to relax and think positive thoughts. I will be doing the same for you. These babies are gonna stick, I just know it honey!!!

November 26th, 2008, 05:27 AM
thanks girls.
the crying is driving me bonkers!
i guess i just have to get used to the idea this is actually happening and remember that not all women get symptoms and that these babies have stayed put where the others left me.
arghhhh fear is just overwhelming me today but im glad i have you girls i can turn and cry to.
thanks again
xxx

November 26th, 2008, 05:52 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My RE told me what causes the cramping. It has something to do with the corpus luteum...the cyst that forms that supports the pregnancy. You might want to google it. I wish I could remember exactly what she said. I was cramping bad until 7ish weeks. I also was spotting and bleeding up until about 13 weeks. It really is normal even though it's scary. Take a deep breath hon....and try to think positive. Those babies are just fine in there And this is THE BEST place to get fears like that off your chest. No other board is FULL of women who know exactly how you feel. We have been there ourselves and will always be here to listen and hopefully help.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

November 26th, 2008, 06:50 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn

I had pretty bad cramping and it was the corpus luteum. With Bailey I had no morning sickness at all or any other symptoms. Each pregnancy is different. With this one, I didn't get morning sickness until about 9 weeks.

I think those babes are just getting comfy in there! Try to think positive!!!

November 26th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey hun, we all understand what you are feeling. I also had cramping from the very beginning and read that it is common, especially if this is not your first child because your body naturally knows what to do and is just making room. The ovary sensation may just be that cyst that grows on the ovary and produces progesterone in the beginning of pregnancy. Maybe you could go in just to reassure yourself that everything is okay (and get to see your little ones again ). Big Hugs.

November 26th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I start cramping I remember I cramped and spotted with my boys(not at the same time). Cramping without bleeding is normal, spotting without pain is normal, From my OB.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

November 26th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((HUGS)) I understand how you feel. I start to freak out if I wake up and any of my symptoms have diminished. I have hardly had any cramping and then that scares me because I wonder if my uterus is growing. I think I'll find any excuse to freak out about. It's so hard to just relax after a loss.

I'm hopeful that you're just fine. Enjoy the short reprieve from m/s. Maybe you're just lucky this time and it will end early. ((HUGS)) I hope you're feeling more confident about this pg soon. ((HUGS))

November 26th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Sarah, cramping is normal, I had it for a while after I got my bfp, things are streching. As for the m/s, symptoms come and go, you might feel some today and not tomorrow but will the next day. Just try to enjoy the pg, i know those babies are doing fine, getting cozy in there

November 26th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh honey, I had to hop on and check on you!

I freaked when my m/s disappeared with this little guy too. It was hard. But it IS normal for symptoms to come and go. Good luck honey, and remember we're all praying for your beans!

November 26th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the other girls have already said it all, but I just wanted to offer some hugs! Its not an easy journey after a loss. I remember the cramping early on because they told me that I was going to mc and I was so scared of every little pain. I even went in to the hospital for the cramping, and turned out that is very normal in the weeks 5-8 according to the ER doctor. I can't really remember why, but he said that most of the cramping happens in those weeks. Also I had no real symptoms at all....and the ones that I did would come and go. One day my bb's would hurt and the next it was gone, one morning I would feel sick and then the next day I didn't. I started to realize that there was at least one symptom a day, but not always the same one. It was crazy!

I know its hard, but you have to have faith for the little ones. We are the only ones that believe in our babies. I decided to just start being positive for my little one. Even though the dr. told me that my numbers weren't good and that there should have been a hb by then...I just kept saying to my belly that it was too early and that I knew she would be ok. Somehow it worked for me. I didn't want to stress about it because I wanted to enjoy whatever time I had with her.

Hugs!!

November 26th, 2008, 08:54 AM
thank you girls.
i just wish my own doc wasnt away this week the one replacing him is just useless when it comes to things like this. she says "you have done it plenty, you know what happens!"
yeah i do but ive never paid attention to every detail through fear of losing it again before! yes i know i shouldnt but what i felt like yesterday was crap! sick all day, tired, hormones everywhere, only eating if i took a tablet. today, nothing, zilch, nada! even the nausea has gone! i still have a headache but we know whats causing that.
thanks for all the support girls. i just have to try and stay positive and remember, im not bleeding and have no "evidence" anything is wrong! sleepless night and bad dreams really are not helping my feelings right now but its good to know im not alone.
xxx

November 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I just want to ditto what the other girls have said and send my love and hugs. There was truely days in the first trimester I did not feel pregnant. No sickness, or sore breast..nada..then it would be there the next or the next. It freaks you out, and thats normal you learn to rely on those symptoms to make you feel secure. There was so many days I jumped on JM saying I lost symptoms, its normal. Your never alone.

I had lots of issues with my first trimester..and well with the entire pregnancy, and it can be so very scary..but I agree with Rhonda..and postive faith can do wonders, but I understand that postive and faith are two words and emotions that are hard to come by with pregnancy after loss, and I pray that you are able to try and have faith.

November 26th, 2008, 09:09 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking about your beans. Grow babies grow!!!

November 26th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
don't worry too much, i had cramping too, and when the dr pushed on my right side it hurt. then after an u/s she saw that i did o from my right side and it was the corpus luteum that was hurting. the beginning was SO scary for me too, every little thing had me thinking something was wrong. but you're not bleeding, and that's the first sign usually if something was wrong. (but even spotting can be normal). just make it through the next few weeks and it'll get better.

November 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM
thanks girls.
i called in the hope of talking to my other doc (i was told he would be in for an hour this afternoon and the receptionist was understanding) but the bloody horrible doc answered the phone! she told me to stop worrying and either wait for my scan or bleeding and if i am this scared then i shouldnt have got pregnant!
im so hurt by that! i didnt know i would be THIS scared, you dont know until it actually happens (which i ddint think it was going to!) but no matter what she shouldnt have spoken to me like that!
im trying to think positive and tonight i will go back to meditation and using my crystals but right now im trying to eat in the hope my sickness will be back tomorrow and i will have been able to have one good day of eating! im just about to have chicken pasta
i still want to punch that doc on the nose!
xx

November 26th, 2008, 12:43 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG!!!! She said WHAT?!!!! What a frickin' B**CH!!!!! Honey, I am so sorry! What a horrible person!

Screw her, you should have said, well, if that is the way you speak to patients then you shouldn't be a doctor!!

Unbelievable, anyway to change offices?

Anyhow, what i originally wanted to say was it sounds completley normal to me. The cramping starts early with your uterus recognizing it needs to get bigger (5 or 6 weeks) and the morning sickness does come and go, enjoy it while it lasts!! It happened to me too, try not to worry......

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
November 26th, 2008, 12:50 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
oh sweetie that is HORRIBLE !!!!!!!

I'd demand to be seen by someone else for my next appt....when YOUR dr. comes back....make sure you tell him/her what this one said to you...it is inexcusable !!!!!

sending you big

I also cramped early on.....same as all of the other girls said....that darn corpus luteum thingy!!

November 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Generally Crispy
Eww! I would have had her butt on a platter.

I felt very much exactly like you did. I was so sure that something was wrong. I didnt tell anyone I personally knew I was pregnant because I didnt want to have to "untell" them again. I think I felt that way until close to 8 weeks. The girls in my DDC talked about the tuggin feelings that they got on one side and I thought that something was wrong because it was both sides.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search