How long did it last for you?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My question is how long did your pre-labor pain last - days/weeks??

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
November 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pre labour pain? I've never heard of that nor did I have any. What is it?
November 30th, 2008, 10:21 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeh.. what do you mean by pre labor??? do you mean while you are in early labor and not active labor???
or braxton hicks? or false labor?

~Em

November 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry, I read it was called that in a book, but I should have explained better:

Menstrual type cramping, backache, painful BH, pressure down there, random shooting pains that will stop you in your tracks....that sort of thing

Angels in Heavan.
November 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh all that stuff... that stuff all depends on your body and your baby.. the position of your baby has a lot to do with it..some ppls babys drop early.. and that causes a lot of pressure discomfort...

I think for me i havent ever really had a lot of that sorta stuff...Layla i only had some shooting pains..nothing else at all.. With Eva mostly i had cramping and the shooting pains... cramping is always exciting towards the end because u know your body is working.. i had some cramping on and off from about 38weeks on... (i had eva at exactly 40 weeks) .. The shooting pains started around 34 weeks.. They suck.. and i dont know if they do a darned thing except tell you your baby just pinched or kicked a nerve or something..

~Em

November 30th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good question. I didn't even know there was a name for it. I thought I was the oddball. I have been having menstrual type cramping since last week, getting worse as I go and the back pain is getting intense for me today. There is times where I have to lay down, almost in tears my back hurts so bad. I don't really think it is labor yet though, but I will let you know if it turns into anything for sure. lol Not much longer now and it looks like we are going through some of the same things.

I meant to ask you if they switched you to heparin yet? They decided to switch me just shy of 36 weeks. I was scared at first, but now I feel a little better about it. At least it means we are in the final stretch. And yay, you are considered full term now!!! 37 weeks!!

November 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Good question. I didn't even know there was a name for it. I thought I was the oddball. I have been having menstrual type cramping since last week, getting worse as I go and the back pain is getting intense for me today. There is times where I have to lay down, almost in tears my back hurts so bad. I don't really think it is labor yet though, but I will let you know if it turns into anything for sure. lol Not much longer now and it looks like we are going through some of the same things.

I meant to ask you if they switched you to heparin yet? They decided to switch me just shy of 36 weeks. I was scared at first, but now I feel a little better about it. At least it means we are in the final stretch. And yay, you are considered full term now!!! 37 weeks!![/b]
I have been reading a lot lately, and felt so horrible that I knew it had to be "something". Yeah, I guess some women are like this for up to a month before baby comes (UGH!). I also have A LOT of ligament pain, to the point where it just hurts like heck to move. Luckily, I know I only have about 2 weeks more max. I am like you, I have family coming in, so I don't want him to come sooner than that, but wouldn't be too sad if he did. Today I feel great, so I am not sure if things are taking a different turn or what, but I am grateful to have a break.

No, they are not switching me to Heparin as far as I know, but maybe that is something I should ask my doc about.

We are almost there girl, eeeeyahhhh!!

Angels in Heavan.
November 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
AH....gotcha.

I woke up on the Friday morning before she was born and I couldn't get out of bed. I thought Makenna was going to fall out and I couldn't walk. That lasted for a few hours and later that day I lost my mucus plug. Then I had what I though were BH for 2 days but they were real contractions (just felt no pain and had zero cramping). My water broke on the Sunday (and I was already 4cm's when I arrived at the hospital) and she was born on Monday morning (Labour Day of all days). I didn't really have any cramps or shooting pains. I just had a lot of intense pressure but from start to finish it was 72hrs. I should add I was also 10 days overdue and had zero signs that labour was going to start before that Friday.
November 30th, 2008, 09:14 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I did not really have any..or labor pain until near the end..sorry Im not more help!
December 1st, 2008, 07:29 AM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
I had no pains or anything that would have told me that I was going to deliver prior to the couple of hours before going to the hospital. I do remember that I was peeing alot during the evening before heading to the hospital at 3 AM...that was it for me. I don't even remember losing my mucus plug.

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
December 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure I can be of any help because of the early labour that was real but I really hope you feel better soon. I don't know how you women do it - being so close and so uncomfortable. It must be awful. It's almost over hun. Just keep thinking that.
December 2nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I got really uncomfortable around 35 weeks....2 weeks before the emergency section....

December 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, I sort of had stuff like that with Cora. With Erin I had NOTHING going on before I was induced with her. With Cora, I remember Friday evening was hell. I had so much painful downward pressure on my cervix that I was pushing myself up out of my seat and in tears. I woke up Saturday feeling great, and had a neighbor's mom (who was an L&D nurse) said that she took that as a sign of impending labor. Sort of like a "second wind" sort of thing. Cora dropped Sunday morning, but passed sometime that night and my body basically stopped everything. I'm convinced she would have been born sometime that day or night, though, had she not been caught up in her cord.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search