Question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2008, 01:21 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is it about fresh pineapple that is supposed to induce labor, or even eggplant?? I read a couple posts that ladies were going to eat fresh pineapple after 37 weeks, as well as other home remedy type stuff to try and get labor moving along. But I've never heard this about pineapple before. I've been eating fresh pineapple through my entire pregnancy, I crave it, it's wonderful. Now this. Anybody ever heard this before?

December 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I had read before NOT to drink pineapple juice in pregnancy....
I am reading some stuff now....and I do see where it says it may help bring on labor! who knows !...lol

December 1st, 2008, 01:47 PM
I just had cut up another one yesterday, for pete's sake!! I don't think it works then, since I've been eating it all along. Either that or I'm lucky!

December 1st, 2008, 01:48 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to say I never heard of it.

December 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think that it is something that you have to worry about sending you into labor if your body isn't ready....kinda like sex. I remember reading all about ways to naturally induce labor when I was 6 days past due with dd, and I think that in order to even have a chance at it working you had to eat a ridiculous amount of pineapple. If you find out otherwise, let me know, I've been craving it too this pregnancy .

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 1st, 2008, 10:51 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Wow..first I heard this..mm I ate alot of fresh pineapple
December 2nd, 2008, 05:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It takes 2 FULL pineapple per day to do anything. Trust me, don't try it. I did and ended up with sores in my mouth after 1 day. Though I was being induced and I was trying to avoid it.

However I do recommend the eggplant recipe:
eggplant recipe

It only caused minor contractions but it taste fantastic.

December 2nd, 2008, 07:18 AM

I don't really want to induce labor, but I could eat a pineapple or more in a day no problem!! I was more worried because I was eating so much fresh pineapple already. I'll tell you what though, your pineapples probably weren't ripe enough. The greener the pineapple, the more acidic, the riper they are the sweeter and less acidic they are. Or at least that has been my experience. If I was going to try, this would totally be the tastiest way to do it!

I've read that article on the eggplant before. Funnily enough, I've never had eggplant in my life. What's it taste like, and what's the texture like?? (I have texture issues, nothing slimy or gooey for me, please)

December 2nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I've read that article on the eggplant before. Funnily enough, I've never had eggplant in my life. What's it taste like, and what's the texture like?? (I have texture issues, nothing slimy or gooey for me, please) [/b]
It's a little gooey however if you get the baby eggplants, it won't be. The bigger they are, the gooey they are. My kids love it and they are the same with textures.

December 2nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Like a squash texture maybe? I'm not a fan of squash unfortunately.

December 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Something about the pineapple helps ripen your cervix. I had never heard of this until I was about ready to pop with DS. I think it is just another wife's tale but who care's b/c pineapple is so freakin' good!!!

December 2nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard it takes a LOT of pineapple to do it and that the part that has the most of the enzyme that induces labor is the middle part (the harder part).

I used to eat a lot of pineapple in the 2ww, I read it was good for implantation. Lately I haven't eaten as much b/c I worried about it causing harm since I'm not full term. I should eat a little though, it's sooo good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search