Back from the Dr

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In short, everything is GREAT!!!

My midwife explained to me what she believes is causing the bleeding. This pocket of blood is probably implantation bleeding that got trapped by the placenta. As the placenta migrates upwards, it is providing an area that is causing the old blood to leak. The blood has been mostly brown and never got darker than pink. She assured me this is very common and that I really have nothing to worry about. She told me not to go horseback riding, motorcycle riding or jumping on trampolines, but everything is progressing perfectly normally. She did say she wouldn't lie to me and in rare circumstances it can cause complications, but it is very common and unless the bleeding increases, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. I felt SO much better after meeting with her. The ER doc really had me scared. (Even the u/s tech that did the u/s said it looked like nothing to worry about.)

So, the rest of my appointment was great. They found the heartbeat with the doppler. I never get tired of hearing that sound. My midwife used one of those recording buttons they often put in stuffed anmials and took a recording of the heartbeat. She then took the recording device and put it into a home made felt heart. I love my midwife! She just knows the right things to say and right things to do to put my mind at ease.

Thanks so much ladies for all of your thoughts and prayers. It's just so easy to get freaked out. I'm still going to make sure I take it easy. Thanks again -- you ladies are wonderful!

December 1st, 2008, 03:35 PM
eribabe
That's wonderful news! I was looking at your old posts and then I saw this update! What a relief and your midwife sounds wonderful, can I have her when I get pg???
December 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm so glad Sacha! I've been sitting here hitting refresh on my browser ever since you posted on the other thread! I'm sorry you had to go through so much undue worry. Hopefully, the blood is totally gone by your next u/s.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY I'm so happy that everything is looking good!!!!!!
I had the old implantation bleeding at 5 weeks and it scare me to death, I thought it was the end.
What a great midwife, it's hard to find people like that. Gosh I'm so happy for you, I was getting worry when I did not see an update from you, but I love to wait just to hear awesome news!

December 1st, 2008, 03:38 PM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
PHEW! Thank goodness. I saw the little heart next to your post and thought "YES, everything is okay!" Your midwife sounds awesome. That was so nice of her to do.

Well thank goodness for good news and slap, slap, slap to that ER doc that made you worry so much. I was hoping that was the case though.

I had the implantation blood that pooled in my uterus. It didn't get stuck behind the placenta but did come out eventually (which is always scary to see whether it is green, black, brown or pink! LOL).

I'm just so happy for your good news! So I guess that means you'll have to cancel your bungee jumping scheduled for this weekend?

December 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies. I feel so loved!!!

Erika -- of course I will share my midwife with you -- I sure hope you get to come visit us here soon! I will keep praying for you.

Kelly -- I hope I didn't make your fingers go numb from hitting refresh. Thanks for being there! We will be holding our babies in June!!

Patty -- I don't know why I never thought of old implantation bleeding -- 12 weeks seems SO far from implantation, though.

Danica -- you crack me up. I don't think I could go bungee jumping even if I wasn't pregnant. YIKES! And yes, I really want to slap that ER doc.

Thanks again ladies! I'm so blessed to have you to talk about my fears (and my joys!)

MUUUUUUAH!!!!

December 1st, 2008, 04:03 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!!! I'm so happy!!!!! Wonderful news, Sacha!!! Talk about loving your midwife, that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard w/ the heartbeat recorder!

December 1st, 2008, 04:04 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sacha, I think that our first thought when we see any color of blood is to think the worse.
So really no bungee jumping??

December 1st, 2008, 04:16 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW!!! That is so awesome. I have been waiting for an update all day and can now breathe a sigh of relief. I am so glad all went well and baby is fine. It is soooooo awesome what she did with the heart beat. If I ever decide to become a midwife/obgyn (yah right!!!) I would do that for my patients! I am so happy for you!!!!
December 1st, 2008, 04:42 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Sacha, I am soooooooo glad everything is OK!!! I was thinking and praying about you all day and hoping for a good report tonight!

I am so happy for you! Now take it easy girl
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

December 1st, 2008, 05:43 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Whew Sacha! I'm so thankful everything is okay. I was so worried about you and bean. You take it easy now.

December 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH, I'm soooo glad everything is OK!! That is the sweetest thing that you Midwife did. Extremely thoughtful!!
December 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is wonderful news!! I'm so glad you had a great visit!

December 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
that is fantastic news ! I am so very happy for you!!!!

please continue to take it easy though !!
what a GREAT update !!!

December 1st, 2008, 11:53 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
IM soo late..but VERY GLAD everything is wonderful with that bean!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search