Christmas

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2008, 05:38 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Who's ready? I'm def not. I haven't even started shopping yet. Has anyone else started yet? What have you bought? We only have 23 days left. Wow!!

December 2nd, 2008, 06:31 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. I think this is the first year that Naden can truly participate and start to understand the real meaning of Christmas. We are taking him to all the events too (the parade of lights downtown, the botanic gardens light thing, the zoo lights, the santa visits and all our church activities!). It is so much fun this year.

I am pver halfway through present buying. The gift I am most excited about is for Naden. I realized last night that Santa hadn't actually bought him a gift yet So last night Santa bought the Teddy Ruxpin that they re-released! I am so excited for it to arrive. My Teddy was my favorite toy growing up. I still have him with all my tapes and grubby too but it is so nostalgic to me that I don't really want Naden playing with it and breaking it. His head is really wobbly anyway. I'd rather Naden has his own, brand new one to love as much as I did. He can have all my teddy outfits though because I have tons. Hopefully they'll fit the new one. It looks exactly the same but instead of tapes it uses a cartridge.

Here's my gift list.
Mom: my sister and I bought her an IPod type player but really it is because she wanted to store photos in her purse to show her friends at work and when she is out and about.
Dad: My sister, mom and I bought him a Garmin Nuvi 750 ( think that is the model number). It's one of those car navigation systems
Travis: This year we are getting each other a new desk for the office. I found a real nice executive desk on Craigslist that we will look at next week. The desk is really his to use but I am tired of the office looking like a hodge podge so it is as much a present to me as it is to him! I'll also be buying him a new alarm clock with two alarms (one for weekend and one for week day)
Naden: A wooden toy castle, some Cars logo set, some cars, and some clothes (and a Teddy from Santa)
My Sister: A battery organizer and tester
My BIL: That iron man exercise bar that goes in the doorway
My MIL: One gift is a custom printed year calendar with pics of the family and I having figured out the other gift yet...
My FIL: A camouflage tshirt per request and I haven't figured out the other yet...
My SIL: Giving her some pampered chef pint sized bowls and a gift card to Walmart
Nephews: Toys
Gma & Gpa: ??

Phew! So close. I really don't like shopping at Christmas time so I am hoping to do the rest online.

December 2nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not ready at all!
getting ready to start my online shopping and i do have a list of most everything i want to get.
December 2nd, 2008, 07:54 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I did a little shopping for Katie, I am almost finished decorating.....
and I have about 4 "shopping carts" onlline...lol

December 2nd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since I'm not going home this year, I only have to but for dh. I already got my sister her present, I'll be mailing it to her sometime this week. For my mom, I'm just going to give it to her when she gets here in Jan. I don't buy for dh family, so don't have to worry about that, and that's pretty much it.

December 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had to cut way down on the number of people we usually gift to, finances and all. But due to that, I'm allllmmooooost done. Six people left, and they're the hard ones to shop for which is why they're not done yet.

I'd type out a list of what I've bought and who for, but it's super long even w/ cutting people out. My two big purchases are Eddie and Sid. Sid is getting a PSP 2000, a couple games and movies for it, and Santa is bringing him Bakugan stuff. It's his last year as an only child, so we kind of went all out for his final year. Eddie is getting a nice compact camera. He hates my big one, and so the hope was if I got him a tiny one that he'd take lots of pics when Ella is born (I'm normally the family photographer).

December 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow...I can't believe Christmas is sooo close...we only have 2 gifts left to buy and we know what they are we just need to get them!

~My Family~
Mom: Japanese Cherry Blossom Perfume from B&BW
Dad: A Dale JR wallet, work gloves, and license plate border
Mawmaw: We got bird houses that the boys are going to paint and decorate (she collects them)
Pawpaw: We got him a tshirt made with the pic of the boys from Halloween and it says "Pawpaw's Power Rangers" on it
Lil Bro: $20 Gift Cert to GameStop

~DH's Family~
Mom: A really nice Ionized Hair Dryer
Dad: A Gift Cert to either Lowe's/Home Depot/Bass Pro Shop
SIL1: An XM satellite radio subscription for her car (it came built in--we will only get it for a few months)
SIL2: The Carnival Games game for Wii
Niece: Clothes, a baby doll, and some mega blocks
Little Cousin (that practically lives with my In-Laws): Hannah Montana Journal
Gigi: A few spiritual books about being a Grandma, a pretty bookmark, and a pretty pen with a cross on it

As for the boys...we have gone overboard...again...as usual... no matter how hard we try we can't help but spoil them...I know their Santa gift is these Huffy Power Ranger Scooters (one for each) and then we are going to set up the 4-lane Hot Wheels raceway and they will each have 10 cars to go with that...we got them a ton of clothes from the outlet malls...Baby Gap, Osh Kosh, The Childrens Place, etc...DH has the list of everything we got...if I can get it from him I'll edit to add it...

I still haven't gotten DH's Christmas presents yet...I have NOOOO clue what to get him...he wants the norm...clothes, cologne, you know that kinda stuff...

Well...alrighty....now that I've written a book...

MERRY CHRISTMAS / HAPPY HOLIDAYS

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
December 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty close to done...We put our tree up Saturday and Lights up Sunday. I will try to remember to take a picture tonight and post it. They are soooooo pretty.

As for gifts...We are keeping it small too. We are going to Disneyworld in January, so we are trying to save $$$ for that!

I am done with the girl (except a doll for Sophie and a couple cans of formula for Ellie). Got them clothes and toys. We bought Sophie the new TAG system by leap frog. She LOVES books and now she can use the system to read to herself when we are busy and can't read to her.

DH I need to get him a dock with speakers for his ipod

MIL:Blanket
BIL:Book about photography
SIL:Blanket
Sister and BIL: Dishes
Nephewsotato shooter guns and a potato each
Friends: Slippers/watch/scarves/fountain/photocoasters
December 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd guess I'm about halfway done but I have ideas at least for most of my gifts.

Dh: a couple new shirts
plus we are going to buy a video camera as part of our Christmas gift to/for each other
MIL: books
FIL: foam mat things to use when he works on cars
my mom and dad: ??? I've got a couple towels for their upstairs bathroom but want to get something else too
brother and SIL: bed in a bag and sheet set (got these at a great sale!)
niece #1: little toy chalkboard
niece #2: shape sorter toy and onesie extenders
SIL: ???
Grandparents in law: specialty teas and coffees
my grandparents: some sort of food/goodies
the cats: Dh is going to replace the carpet on their scratching post
the baby: ??? want to get something to go in a stocking

December 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, our shopping list is really short. The only reason we have any money presents for each other is because DH traded in our old camera and his old cell phone through BestBuy's online program and we have $80 in gift cards for BestBuy. I think we're going to get a Wii Fit (woohoo!!)

Erin's getting a set of alphabet peek-a-blocks, and a little book for her stocking. I think her stocking will be her only "santa" gift this year. I'm also making her some pajamas.

December 2nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to share this website for those that don't what to get people or for those that have to send gifts. We have used it a couple of times and people love it.
http://www.winecountrygiftbaskets.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search